Did you miss my family spam?

Did you miss my family spam?

Postby Michele » Thu May 26, 2016 3:01 pm

Ok, I'll cut it short, my brother Josh is starting a new adventure, a documentary about hunting who they started to film just on these days.
today he was at the Italian Senate to interview a senator for the movie.
here it is the link to the website and some few infos:
http://www.onthewildsideinitiative.com/

if you're on FB, please, take a moment to like the page to keep updated
https://www.facebook.com/onthewildsideinitiative/

Also Greg from Trial is onboard as the narrator.

Hunting is the act of trapping and killing animals. On the Wild Side is a feature-length documentary aiming to develop several themes related to different types of hunting including, but not limited to, trophy, sport, and subsistence hunting. This film is the first of its kind.
On The Wild Side will bring viewers on a journey around the world to meet people carrying on work against hunting. The film will show different approaches that the anti-hunting movement uses to defend animals. Anti-poaching entities, hunt saboteur, direct action organizations, educational groups, and single individuals as well will be highlighted, in addition to local laws and law enforcement branches that are dedicated to monitor hunting and address poaching.
"Punker": Damnit, your english is confusing!
"Version Sound": Damnit, your english is amazing!
"Cischord": Damnit, my English is confusing!
Michele

Re: Did you miss my family spam?

Postby Jimmy Heartburn » Thu May 26, 2016 4:41 pm

So is this doc against ALL forms of hunting? I agree that sport and trophy hunting is wrong, but there are people who still hunt for food like indigenous people in northern remote areas for example. My dad used to go hunting every fall and more times than not, he would come home empty handed. I don't know about other countries, but hunting in British Columbia is very regulated. They call it a draw, where you can only hunt certain species in certain places during the season. I remember when I lived about 6 hours north of Vancouver during my teenage years, I used to see deer and moose almost every day on the bus ride to school. Except during hunting season, it's like the animals knew when to be scarce. When my dad did shoot something, he would have a deep freeze of meat lasting for a quite a while.

That being said, it's pretty cool your bro is doing this though, Michele. I would totally watch it.
My stupid music blog http://melonvillehc.blogspot.ca
Jimmy Heartburn

Re: Did you miss my family spam?

Postby Michele » Thu May 26, 2016 11:50 pm

Well, my brother's position is of course against hunting, but I also think the documentary will try to see the situations under different point of view and with an approach able to make people think, I mean is suopposed not to be the typicall radical vegan product unable to spread outside the vegan community, if you know what I mean. It's more an attempt to have people re-thinking the problem.
I guess, Cowspiracy was quite an influence on him, due to this different approach not based on shocking images, but more on rational bases.
"Punker": Damnit, your english is confusing!
"Version Sound": Damnit, your english is amazing!
"Cischord": Damnit, my English is confusing!
Michele

Return to daghouse