Field Day

Re: Field Day

Postby kevin » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:40 pm

Flippy flip
kevin

Postby kevin » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:42 pm

Can’t believe you guys left this thread wide open for two weeks with one post to go. I show up after a hiatus and single post. Boom. Flipped it goes.
kevin

Postby Mark T. » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:32 am

Hook, line and sinker you took the bait. Hi Kevin.
Projeckt Daghouse:
PDIV - Thousand Days - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVX7w2iNIfw
Mark T.

Postby scannest » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:54 am

I don't know the secret of the FLIP. Whaddaya do, count the number of posts on a page? Is there a set number?
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:56 am

Seeing Field Day the band finally on 12/3 at John & Peters in New Hope, PA. Only bummer is I'm told they allow smoking indoors there (unless the band requests not....hoping that happens) which is gross.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:11 pm

gregpolard wrote:Seeing Field Day the band finally on 12/3 at John & Peters in New Hope, PA. Only bummer is I'm told they allow smoking indoors there (unless the band requests not....hoping that happens) which is gross.

I hope to see them here the night before at Market Hotel and am also hoping that venue doesn't allow smoking (never been there). I doubt it, but that's one draconian provision I admittedly don't mind and prefer. I think about how much second-hand smoke I inhaled until it was banned in 2003/2004 (depending on the state) or so.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:11 pm

Just noticed that Field Day is playing in Allentown on a Saturday night at a small club where I first saw Don't Sleep....too bad I will be in Pittsburgh that weekend.
lewdd

Postby JGJR » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:29 pm

lewdd wrote:Just noticed that Field Day is playing in Allentown on a Saturday night at a small club where I first saw Don't Sleep....too bad I will be in Pittsburgh that weekend.

You could've recreated the Field Day Lp cover art glory that will forever be yours. :lol:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:40 am

Where are the reviews from those who were at the Boston show last night?
lewdd

Postby FlexMyHead » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:59 am

Wonder if they will make it down to Floriduh? I was "suppose" to see them March 14th in Orlando when COVID Rose Garden fuck-fest happened on March 13th!
Guess I'll have to go see Pennywise instead!
FlexMyHead

Postby Hal » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:12 pm

lewdd wrote:Where are the reviews from those who were at the Boston show last night?

It was a very good time. Well worth the drive up from CT through some ridiculous torrential rain, thunder and lightning. I brought my 18-year-old son with me. This was my first time at the Middle East Club since seeing Descendents there in 1996. Very surreal standing about 20 yards away from the old TT the Bears Place where I saw Dag (& Moving Targets) for the first time, 34 years ago. I forget the name of the alt-country opening band, but they were solid. I struck up a conversation with new(er) Field Day guitarist Shay before MT went on. Super nice guy. We got along famously. Also, was able to catch up with Edog for the first time since the pandemic started. He was healthy and in great spirits! Moving Targets put on a good set. They played a handful of their 80's hits between songs from their recent releases. Field Day was on fire, per usual. Fun setlist that included all of the old records, a handful of originals and some covers. They covered SSD's "Glue" mid-set and closed with 12XU. Peter gave a stage shoutout to Edog and Daghouse. Post set, I was able to introduce Peter to my son and had a chat. He sends his regards out to everybody here at Daghouse. I picked up the new "Why?" 7" at the merch table, #14 of 150 (haven't listened to it yet). Finished the evening with some good conversation with Mark McKay (Slap Shot) and Rev. Hank, who were handing out flyers for their upcoming "Slapnot" karaoke show next weekend. Much nicer drive back to CT. I like these early shows, we were home by 11:30p. Special night with my son, he had a blast.
Hal

Previous

Return to daghouse