Channel 3 - tonight - New Haven CT

Channel 3 - tonight - New Haven CT

Postby johnnotkathi » Sat May 14, 2016 6:35 am

Go!!
johnnotkathi

Re: Channel 3 - tonight - New Haven CT

Postby captain2man » Thu May 19, 2016 3:29 pm

They were GREAT in Brooklyn last Friday.

I've heard mixed reviews in recent years...something about one of the guys being so tanked he could barely play. Definitely was NOT the case on Friday....a very solid set of great songs.
captain2man

Postby johnnotkathi » Sat May 21, 2016 6:27 am

captain2man wrote:They were GREAT in Brooklyn last Friday.

I've heard mixed reviews in recent years...something about one of the guys being so tanked he could barely play. Definitely was NOT the case on Friday....a very solid set of great songs.

Wow, have never heard that.....but agreed, they were absolutely fantastic in Philly too...
johnnotkathi

Postby tango fistula » Sat May 21, 2016 9:30 am

I've seen em plenty since 1983...and they were occasionally drunk but always fun and always tight.

In fact they are tighter now then back then.

Social Distortion, on the other hand, were ALWAYS awful back them and I stupidly
kept hoping someday they will sound tight and together. NOPE. Always out of tune and sloppy.
tango fistula

Postby JGJR » Fri May 27, 2016 8:52 am

I didn't see them on this current tour, but I must concur with captain2man, tangofistula and johnnotkathi. I saw them in 2005 at CBs and in 2010 at Bell House (they were part of The Big Takeover's 30th anniversary festival) and they were FANTASTIC both nights, especially in 2010. I know that their alcohol consumption is legendary, but I've never heard a bad word said about either them as people or their performances.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby Chris Shary » Fri May 27, 2016 11:18 am

CH3 are indeed some of the nicest dudes in punk rock. Totally out of the blue, Mike Magrann sent me a metal worked Joe Strummer piece he did, just because. It hangs above our front door, and is a really rad piece of art. I love those guys a whole bunch, and they are indeed amazing live. I see them every chance I get!
Chris Shary

Postby johnnotkathi » Fri May 27, 2016 2:49 pm

Chris Shary wrote:CH3 are indeed some of the nicest dudes in punk rock. Totally out of the blue, Mike Magrann sent me a metal worked Joe Strummer piece he did, just because. It hangs above our front door, and is a really rad piece of art. I love those guys a whole bunch, and they are indeed amazing live. I see them every chance I get!

I got one as well - super cool!!!
johnnotkathi

Return to daghouse