UK Subs A-Z

UK Subs A-Z

Postby lewdd » Wed May 04, 2016 3:33 pm

Well, Charlie finally made it to letter Z with their last album release of all time, Ziezo. The CD arrived a few days ago, and my set of 26 badges and fan t-shirt arrived today. LP and exclusive 7in are on backorder due to Record Store Day clogging up the pressing plants.

Anyone on here give Ziezo a listen yet? What are your thoughts?
lewdd

Re: UK Subs A-Z

Postby drew » Thu May 05, 2016 6:28 am

That's very cool, Lewdd. I def dont have all of the albums but I have a few and they are all good. Is Charlie retiring or just going to put out stuff under his own name? How old is he? 75?
drew

Postby lewdd » Thu May 05, 2016 7:18 am

They said they will still make recordings but not full albums and plan to continue to tour. They have a Canadian tour in September, but unfortunately no USA dates. It has been close to 15 years since I have seen them play. Charlie turned 72 a few weeks ago.
lewdd

Postby lewdd » Thu May 05, 2016 7:23 am

lewdd

Postby danny » Thu May 05, 2016 1:39 pm

that is awesome. had i the $$$, i would have invested in this as well. i was a huge uk subs fan up to the letter G - then kind of lost track for a while.

i have a few connections to them that will always make them very near and dear to my heart:
a friend of mine used to cut hair in the same place as chas harper. she hipped me to them when they first started out, and hooked me up with a pass to see them during their first shows in the U.S., at Hurrah's in NYC (Madness where hanging around after the show, oddly enough). I struck up a bit of a friendship with them which led to Nicky giving me his famous spiky leather jacket. Later on, my band at the time did some support slots with them (including the 9:30 club) - and, somehow, i wound up (in a collage) on the cover of their live lp, gross out usa.

would love to see them come back to the states. harper is an inspiring figure. and nicky was one of my favorite guitarists of that time. (mike hampton used to remind me of him.)
danny

Postby lewdd » Sat May 07, 2016 6:07 pm

Cool stories as always, Danny.

Well, Charlie didn't wait long. Monday he gets the original Urban Dogs lineup into the studio to record a new LP. I'm looking forward to this as it sound like they may go back to sound like the first release.
lewdd

Postby Welly » Tue May 10, 2016 12:50 pm

I got up to D.
Welly

Postby lewdd » Tue May 10, 2016 8:56 pm

Welly wrote:I got up to D.

A-Z on CD and a few others

I am missing a few on vinyl and several have never been issued on vinyl.
lewdd

Postby lewdd » Thu May 26, 2016 1:02 pm

The signed LP came in the mail today. The vinyl is a cool tri-color similar to the album cover - black, orange, and a grayish color.

lewdd

Postby JGJR » Fri May 27, 2016 8:09 am

I really like H and I personally though they're not very well-regarded. I just happened to find a cassette of I at a county fair when I was 16 and that's how I got into them. Of course, later on I heard the Nicky Garrett era and realized that the live versions of those songs on I weren't nearly as good, but I still have a soft spot for it.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Return to daghouse