2.Goddammit
3.This Addition

Songs
1.Queen Of Pain
2.This Could Be Love
3.One Hundred Stories
4.Crawl
5.Sadie

I was going to be pretentious and put San Francisco, but it doesn't crack that top 5 for me. I wanted to list what I would "etch in stone," but there's other great stuff like Radio, Private Eye, Draculina, Dethbed (must I go on?)

Okay, YOURS....
^v^
WrEtcH

Re: Alkaline Trio

Postby bortlicenseplate » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:55 pm

First 4.5 records are really great. Crimson is just ok in my book but has some really good songs. Alkaline Trio have great b-sides as well. Favorite album would probably be Good Mourning.

Favorite songs include:

1. Hell Yes
2. Warbrain
3. '97
4. Every Thug Needs A Lady
5. Mercy Me
6. Dead And Broken
7. Jaked On Green Beers
8. Dead End Road
9. One Hundred Stories
10. Radio
bortlicenseplate

Postby lewdd » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:59 pm

I think I only remember 2 songs - Jaked and We've Had Enough.
lewdd

Postby bortlicenseplate » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:01 pm

lewdd wrote:I think I only remember 2 songs - Jaked and We've Had Enough.

Fun fact: We've Had Enough features backing vocals from Keith Morris.
bortlicenseplate

Postby WrEtcH » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:35 am

greg pollard, this thread needs you. :lol:
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:30 am

WrEtcH wrote:greg pollard, this thread needs you. :lol:

haha

I played the whole discography (proper albums only) yesterday as some of my FB friends had seen.

I'm partial to the Asian Man Records era of stuff so it goes:

1) Goddamnit!
2) Maybe I'll Catch Fire
3) From Here To Infirmary
4) Good Mourning
5) the rest of the albums

I don't think they have any bad albums, but I always go for the early stuff.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby WrEtcH » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:54 am

thanks for posting that link on Dan rates the ALK3 albums. while no matter how he ranked it, I was intrigued with the topic, but sadden that they hinted on the last album was sort of a break up album. I didn't hear an official announcement that they broke up, but it sounds like it on that article. I'm happy Matt has made a good album with Blink and happy for his success, but I was more of a ALK3 fan. I'm hoping they are just in limbo and leaving it open for a reunion.
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:51 pm

WrEtcH wrote:thanks for posting that link on Dan rates the ALK3 albums. while no matter how he ranked it, I was intrigued with the topic, but sadden that they hinted on the last album was sort of a break up album. I didn't hear an official announcement that they broke up, but it sounds like it on that article. I'm happy Matt has made a good album with Blink and happy for his success, but I was more of a ALK3 fan. I'm hoping they are just in limbo and leaving it open for a reunion.

FWIW, I took "break up" album as lyrically Matt was writing about the dissolution of his marriage.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:00 pm

gregpolard wrote:
WrEtcH wrote:thanks for posting that link on Dan rates the ALK3 albums. while no matter how he ranked it, I was intrigued with the topic, but sadden that they hinted on the last album was sort of a break up album. I didn't hear an official announcement that they broke up, but it sounds like it on that article. I'm happy Matt has made a good album with Blink and happy for his success, but I was more of a ALK3 fan. I'm hoping they are just in limbo and leaving it open for a reunion.

FWIW, I took "break up" album as lyrically Matt was writing about the dissolution of his marriage.

"Hey guys, I have a great idea for a song or album title. I Don't Want to Break Up. It's about my marriage, but it references the Descendents. Isn't it super clever?" :D
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:02 pm

JGJR wrote:
gregpolard wrote:

"Hey guys, I have a great idea for a song or album title. I Don't Want to Break Up. It's about my marriage, but it references the Descendents. Isn't it super clever?" :D

LOL
gregpolard

Postby WrEtcH » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:14 pm

gregpolard wrote:
JGJR wrote:
gregpolard wrote:

LOL

been there done that. :lol:

^v^
WrEtcH

Return to daghouse