JON BUNCH philly TRIBUTE

JON BUNCH philly TRIBUTE

Postby BAIN » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:52 pm

TLA on 6/25

no info yet, but you heard it here first
BAIN

Re: JON BUNCH philly TRIBUTE

Postby gregpolard » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:47 pm

Saw this last night via the Go Fund Me email. cannot wait!!!
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:07 am

This was a really fun time btw. I missed Smalley's set because I was outside, but the tribute to Sense Field was just the way it should've been. So much love and positivity in the room that night.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:38 pm

gregpolard wrote:I missed Smalley's set because I was outside...

Do you mean "I hadn't gotten to the venue yet" or, literally, "I was standing outside the TLA during Dave's set." If it's the latter, I suggest a Moderator ban you from any further posts on the Dagboard.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:49 pm

scannest wrote:

Do you mean "I hadn't gotten to the venue yet" or, literally, "I was standing outside the TLA during Dave's set." If it's the latter, I suggest a Moderator ban you from any further posts on the Dagboard.

I know the feeling of getting caught up talking outside even during an opening band/artist I wanted to see and I suspect you do as well. It happens.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:52 pm

scannest wrote:

Went out to feed the meter with a friend, who then wanted water ice (or wooder ice as they say round these parts) so I chose to hang out and chat w/ others who were outside. Sunny hate5six recorded the whole thing so I'll be able to catch it that way. No worries.
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:11 pm

JGJR wrote:I know the feeling of getting caught up talking outside even during an opening band/artist I wanted to see and I suspect you do as well. It happens.

It's simple math:
If My Desire to See the Opener > My Desire to Catch up with a Friend, then I GO INSIDE AND WATCH THE OPENER.
In this case:
Greg's Desire to Eat Wooder Ice and Chat > Greg's Desire to See Dave Smalley's Set

I stand by my statement.
scannest

Postby lewdd » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:19 pm

gregpolard wrote:
scannest wrote:

Went out to feed the meter with a friend, who then wanted water ice (or wooder ice as they say round these parts) so I chose to hang out and chat w/ others who were outside. Sunny hate5six recorded the whole thing so I'll be able to catch it that way. No worries.

lmk when that recording may be available somewhere
lewdd

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:20 pm

scannest wrote:
JGJR wrote:I know the feeling of getting caught up talking outside even during an opening band/artist I wanted to see and I suspect you do as well. It happens.

It's simple math:
If My Desire to See the Opener > My Desire to Catch up with a Friend, then I GO INSIDE AND WATCH THE OPENER.
In this case:
Greg's Desire to Eat Wooder Ice and Chat > Greg's Desire to See Dave Smalley's Set

I stand by my statement.

Oh I stand by this, you're correct. I just don't have any regrets. If it was Dave singing for Dag Nasty, different story. Dave singing for a cover band...it's no disrespect to him at all but it didn't seem essential to me. Sorry?
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:21 pm

lewdd wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
scannest wrote:

lmk when that recording may be available somewhere

Absolutely!
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:23 pm

gregpolard wrote:Sorry?

np
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:27 pm

scannest wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Sorry?

np

I did hear from outside, they did "Wrong Again" in addition to Dag tunes.
gregpolard

Postby lewdd » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:35 pm

I need to get Dave booked to play a show at the venue near me.
lewdd

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:45 pm

lewdd wrote:I need to get Dave booked to play a show at the venue near me.

And maybe EC can play too and then, I promise, I won't stand outside lol
gregpolard

Return to daghouse