D.O.A-Firehouse 13-Providence,RI-9/13/13

D.O.A-Firehouse 13-Providence,RI-9/13/13

Postby earthdog70 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:52 pm

Thought I would post about this a couple days late, since this is Shithead's last tour-(at least with D.O.A.).

Got to the venue around 8:15. 8:30 the first band-Burn Burn Burn from Seattle played. They were decent. The sound guy was having trouble with the vocals, but they carried on. The overhead lights were on thru their set, which was weird. They fixed this problem later. Solid set.

Next was Held Hostage, from Providence. They borrowed the idea of wearing hockey jerseys on stage (hmm-where have I seen that before :? ). Ok-but nothing that really blew me away.

Next was Drunk Robb and The Shots. One of the girls up front decided to take her top off during their set. The crowd didn't seem to mind her dancing around in her bra :lol: They were pretty entertaining.

Then came The F.U.'s. I had not seen them in awhile. I believe they had Steve on 2nd guitar ("imported from Texas" John Fox said). I enjoyed their set but I just wish there had been one less band before them. I also wish they would find another song to cover besides "American Band" :bag: I did like John Fox's Loverboy style headband however.

Finally D.O.A took the stage. I had not seen them with their latest drummer. He was very capable, but I missed Floor Tom a bit. Fantastic set-covered all the area. Sad to see these punk legends pack it in.

Spoke to Joe afterwards. Always gracious, signed my copy of I Shithead and posed for pics. D.O.A.-Smash The State :!:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Re: D.O.A-Firehouse 13-Providence,RI-9/13/13

Postby Michele » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:58 pm

last time I've seen them few years ago they did a great show.
"Punker": Damnit, your english is confusing!
"Version Sound": Damnit, your english is amazing!
"Cischord": Damnit, my English is confusing!
Michele

Return to daghouse