CH3 - May 12 - Philly

CH3 - May 12 - Philly

Postby johnnotkathi » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:31 am

at Kung Fu Necktie - planning on going!!
johnnotkathi

Re: CH3 - May 12 - Philly

Postby johnnotkathi » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:10 am

getting close.....
johnnotkathi

Postby MXV » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:07 am

Tell Mike and Kimm I say hello. Two of the nicest guys in punk rock and such a good band.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby Marc M » Thu May 12, 2016 5:45 pm

Don't break a hip in the pit.
Marc M

Postby JGJR » Fri May 13, 2016 8:27 am

How was the show?
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby Welly » Fri May 13, 2016 8:57 am

MXV wrote:Tell Mike and Kimm I say hello. Two of the nicest guys in punk rock and such a good band.
Welly

Postby johnnotkathi » Sat May 14, 2016 6:04 am

What a great time, as expected. Got into Philly in the late afternoon. Met up with Mike and the gang from CH3 and had some drinks and snacks. We then got the gear and drove over to Kung Fu Necktie - which I thought was a really cool place. Small but good vibe.

When we got there Sonic Screemers were up and I liked them a lot. Droogettes were up next and also a lot of fun.

Bowhead was great, really hard and tight sound. Singer Gunner (from Kraut) and the rest of the band were super cool and we had a lot of fun before and after their set hanging out and talking, etc.

As usual, CH3 was awesome. I had forgotten not only how great they are and how many classic songs they have, but just how solid and effortlessly they play. Rock solid. In a total surprise, Mike called me up to the stage to take lead vocals on Wet Spots - YES!!! Now that was fun - not to say it went off perfectly but it was awesome to be up with those guys and get to sing a fave song of mine.

After the show was a lot more hanging out at (and outside) the club and then was a drive through Philly looking for some late night food.

All in all, an amazing night with the coolest of friends. Also made some new friends. Just plain fun.

They play tonight in New Haven CT for any New England Dagsters out there - I guarantee you will have fun!!
johnnotkathi

Postby johnnotkathi » Sat May 14, 2016 6:33 am

Marc M wrote:Don't break a hip in the pit.

Marc, came away virtually unscathed except a sore achilles of all things.... :D
johnnotkathi

Postby lewdd » Sun May 15, 2016 10:30 am

Damn, I hope they come back next year and play on a Fri/Sat. Looks like I missed a lot of fun.
lewdd

Postby JGJR » Mon May 16, 2016 10:00 am

johnnotkathi wrote:What a great time, as expected. Got into Philly in the late afternoon. Met up with Mike and the gang from CH3 and had some drinks and snacks. We then got the gear and drove over to Kung Fu Necktie - which I thought was a really cool place. Small but good vibe.

When we got there Sonic Screemers were up and I liked them a lot. Droogettes were up next and also a lot of fun.

Bowhead was great, really hard and tight sound. Singer Gunner (from Kraut) and the rest of the band were super cool and we had a lot of fun before and after their set hanging out and talking, etc.

As usual, CH3 was awesome. I had forgotten not only how great they are and how many classic songs they have, but just how solid and effortlessly they play. Rock solid. In a total surprise, Mike called me up to the stage to take lead vocals on Wet Spots - YES!!! Now that was fun - not to say it went off perfectly but it was awesome to be up with those guys and get to sing a fave song of mine.

After the show was a lot more hanging out at (and outside) the club and then was a drive through Philly looking for some late night food.

All in all, an amazing night with the coolest of friends. Also made some new friends. Just plain fun.

They play tonight in New Haven CT for any New England Dagsters out there - I guarantee you will have fun!!

What did you all end up eating afterwards? I could've given you some tips!
JGJR

Postby johnnotkathi » Sat May 21, 2016 6:25 am

JGJR wrote:
johnnotkathi wrote:What a great time, as expected. Got into Philly in the late afternoon. Met up with Mike and the gang from CH3 and had some drinks and snacks. We then got the gear and drove over to Kung Fu Necktie - which I thought was a really cool place. Small but good vibe.

We drove to South St for a cheesesteak and everything was closed. Ended up at some fried chicken place near the Terminal Mkt....
johnnotkathi

Postby JGJR » Fri May 27, 2016 7:53 am

johnnotkathi wrote:
JGJR wrote:

We drove to South St for a cheesesteak and everything was closed. Ended up at some fried chicken place near the Terminal Mkt....

Jim's was closed? It must have been a late night. No Lorenzo's? There used to be a Maoz (falafel chain) there, too, but it closed some years ago. I've had many a late night snack there.
JGJR

Return to daghouse