Positive Thoughts/Prayers needed for John Stabb

Positive Thoughts/Prayers needed for John Stabb

Postby plucky » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:32 pm

John is back in the hospital. I just talked with his lady and John just left to go into the OR for emergency surgery. Please send as many positive thoughts as you possibly can right now.
plucky

Re: Positive Thoughts/Prayers needed for John Stabb

Postby soulforce » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:56 am

"You" and "Joy Ride" will be on constant repeat on my player today.
soulforce

Postby plucky » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:29 am

His better half wanted me to let the daghousers know. John loves his Daghouse family. John is out of surgery. Much healing to be done. Continue to keep John in your hearts
plucky

Postby Gary » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:42 am

Hope it's just a check up or something.
Gary

Postby plucky » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:28 am

It was not a check up. It was major surgery. He is recovering now and has a long road ahead. Keep the positive vibes going his way
plucky

Postby lewdd » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:04 am

get well soon Stabb
lewdd

Postby Mark T. » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:11 am

Thoughts are with you John. Keep us posted.
Projeckt Daghouse:
PDIV - Thousand Days - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVX7w2iNIfw
Mark T.

Postby plucky » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:45 am

Just a positive post to let you know John is thinking about you guys. Photo was from his stay in the hospital last week that I meant to post but too busy shoveling snow all week.

plucky

Postby wALLton » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:00 pm

Great pic! Though obviously not such a great place to be to have your picture taken. Wishing Sir Stabby a speedy recovery while sending posi-core vibes in his direction.
wALLton

Postby Michele » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:21 pm

just heard about this on FB, all my positive thoughts to Stabby, get well soon!
"Punker": Damnit, your english is confusing!
"Version Sound": Damnit, your english is amazing!
"Cischord": Damnit, my English is confusing!
Michele

Postby clash77 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:41 pm

Get well soon John!!!..
clash77

Postby bortlicenseplate » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:23 pm

Hang in there Stabb!
bortlicenseplate

Postby tango fistula » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:20 am

Heal quickly and painlessly Mr Stabby!
tango fistula

Postby The Snake » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:28 am

Get better Stabb!!!
The Snake

Postby the mean » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:56 pm

Come back soon, Stabb.
the mean

Postby drew » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:50 am

Get well soon, Mr. Stabb! PMA!
drew

Postby sonofa » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:47 pm

Get well - Dag Nasty is coming up!
sonofa

Postby earthdog70 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:56 pm

Feel better sir :!:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby Hal » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:42 am

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Sir Stabb!
Hal

Postby fiestaware » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:47 pm

This should be at the top.
fiestaware

Postby Marc M » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:10 pm

Get better soon, John. There's been enough heartbreak in the music world already this year. Especially today.
Marc M

Postby johnnotkathi » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:27 am

top- hope he continues to heal...
johnnotkathi

Postby gunter1976 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:58 am

All my best, Mr. Stabb
gunter1976

Postby plucky » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Whatever positive thoughts, energy or prayers you can muster up right now for John, please send. He needs it more than ever. He has a long road ahead of him. He loves the people on Daghouse. Please keep sending healing energy his way.
plucky

Postby lewdd » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:26 pm

I hope they are letting him wear one of his belted sweaters while he stays in there. He needs to get out soon so he can have a GI set at one of the PRB club show in NJ.
lewdd

Postby version sound » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:16 pm

All of Facebook seems to have heard a diagnosis of stomach cancer. FUCK. Hang in there John. We are all pulling for you. You can beat this bullshit.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby lewdd » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:49 pm

version sound wrote:All of Facebook seems to have heard a diagnosis of stomach cancer. FUCK. Hang in there John. We are all pulling for you. You can beat this bullshit.

Thanks for the insight. Go get em John. You can beat it.
lewdd

Postby Welly » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:51 pm

version sound wrote:All of Facebook seems to have heard a diagnosis of stomach cancer. FUCK. Hang in there John. We are all pulling for you. You can beat this bullshit.

WTF?!
Welly

Postby wALLton » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:55 pm

From Red Die Number Nine on Facebook:
An update on Stabb's condition. After having successful surgery to remove two intestinal tumors, he's now been diagnosed with stomach cancer. We wish him and his all the best in fighting this. Now's the time to send some love and support to one of hardcore's real originators.

I knew it was serious but had no idea it was this kind of serious! Positive vibes continue.
wALLton

Postby Welly » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:06 pm

wALLton wrote:From Red Die Number Nine on Facebook:
An update on Stabb's condition. After having successful surgery to remove two intestinal tumors, he's now been diagnosed with stomach cancer. We wish him and his all the best in fighting this. Now's the time to send some love and support to one of hardcore's real originators.

I knew it was serious but had no idea it was this kind of serious! Positive vibes continue.

Ah, shit.
Welly

Postby JGJR » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:18 pm

wALLton wrote:From Red Die Number Nine on Facebook:

This at least until I saw the news this morning. Just so fucking awful. I'm pulling for him as he's one of my favorite people on here and a great person all around.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby kb-bollen » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:52 pm

Get well John! You are a G.I. , you can do this!
kb-bollen

Postby Gary » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:58 pm

Fuck cancer!!!

We're all rooting for you John.
Gary

Postby Mark T. » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:30 pm

Hang in there John! We were all here for you many years ago during your rough times and the Daghouse will be here again, in full force, to make sure you make it thru these tough times! We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Projeckt Daghouse:
PDIV - Thousand Days - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVX7w2iNIfw
Mark T.

Postby The Snake » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:53 pm

Fuck, that is bad news.
John Stabb, beat the crap out of cancer, you can do it!
The Snake

Postby Chris Shary » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:05 pm

John, I know you enjoy the attention, but this is just silly. Get well and we can shower you with attention for your music and mischief instead of something lame like cancer. Seriously though, I wish you all the best. Let me know if I can do anything to help. Really.
Chris Shary

Postby lewdd » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:20 pm

Chris Shary wrote:John, I know you enjoy the attention, but this is just silly. Get well and we can shower you with attention for your music and mischief instead of something lame like cancer. Seriously though, I wish you all the best. Let me know if I can do anything to help. Really.

You should make some Stabb Cancer tshirts.
lewdd

Postby fiestaware » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:47 pm

This is how badass John Stabb is: GI has one of their 2015 shows in the middle of July, in an overheated Brooklyn club with a scarcely-functioning air conditioner which spits out more water than cold air. This guy gets on stage *in layers* - because the wardrobe is crucial - and proceeds to jump around & yell at the top of his lungs for a full, high-energy set. Absolutely gave his all.

So, afterwards - instead of retreating to a quiet room with lots of drinking water and proper AC, as he should do - he goes out front of the club and is the most cordial, social fellow you could ever hope to meet. It's obvious he has heatstroke (lightheadedness, nausea) and exhaustion, but somehow he doesn't let that stop him from chatting with all his old friends. On the way out to the subway, I walk up to thank him for the show and then join the small chorus of folks trying to encourage him to go rest. Instead, he starts talking to me - introducing me to his pals (nice to meet you, Bruce from AOD) and engaging me in conversation.

Now, I'm a disabled guy. I sat through the show, and now I'm walking with the help of a cane. And just from the ambient temperature and this minimal activity alone, I'm a total wreck: can barely think straight, can barely stand. But at that very moment John is in far worse shape than I am. He has just pushed himself very nearly to the physical limit. And while I'm standing there silently whimpering to myself, Stabb is being so engaging, polite, and gregarious with a total strangers - it absolutely astonished me (and put me to shame, lol). It's something I'll never forget.

That's how tough John Stabb is. A couple aberrant cells don't stand a chance.
fiestaware

Postby lewdd » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:16 pm

great story
lewdd

Postby wALLton » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:49 am

lewdd wrote:
Chris Shary wrote:John, I know you enjoy the attention, but this is just silly. Get well and we can shower you with attention for your music and mischief instead of something lame like cancer. Seriously though, I wish you all the best. Let me know if I can do anything to help. Really.

You should make some Stabb Cancer tshirts.

I like the "Boycott Cancer" slogan included with photos of John that is taking over Facebook at the moment.
wALLton

Postby bortlicenseplate » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:29 am

Stabb rules! Fuck Cancer!

We're all pulling for you, John.
bortlicenseplate

Postby plucky » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:25 am

Everyone, the fight John is up against is very serious. Continued details will be released at a time and level of John and his family's consent. Remember how much John loves this board. Continue to tell stories and share happy/funny moments surrounding John and GI. John loves happy happy people. Laughter has an amazing effect at times, and can be a powerful medicine in the process of healing. Also take the time to remember all those you love that are in your life. Life is very short and we never know when life will be gone. Don't waste a moment. If you are a religious or spiritual person, I hope you continue to keep John and his fight in your prayers. If you are not, I hope you believe in the power of positive energy. Please send it. He needs it.
plucky

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:57 am

Trying to stay positive. Wanted to go visit this coming weekend but he's not in any condition yet as per Mina. He needs prayers. For many of us it works better than just thoughts.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby gregpolard » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:36 am

Thinking of you, Stabb! Awful news, but I have faith he will kick its ass.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby the mean » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:59 am

Hang in there Stabb.

I sat behind Stabb at the Salad Days premiere in DC. Despite everyone saying that BB's "later nerds" was the funniest part of the film, Stabb definitely laughed the hardest at Stabb.
the mean

Postby drew » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:33 am

PMA for Mr. Stabb. Fuck Cancer!
drew

Postby lewdd » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:42 am

I remember watching the Evens at Ft Reno with John, Plucky, Earthdog and my wife. It was the first time I had met all of them. After the event, out of nowhere, John said come on, I will introduce you to Ian. I would never have asked him to do that, but he did it out of the kindness of his own heart. It meant a lot to me, and I will never forget that moment...Then we went and had some margaritas!

Let's get this t-shirt thing going, Shary! And if someone has the means to do it, maybe we should get something going to get The Stabb Experience cassette reissued with additional tracks to highlight John's entire singing career and all of the band he has touched.

Plucky, thanks for continuing to be there for John. I know you have helped him on several occasions in the past too.
lewdd

Postby gregpolard » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:47 am

lewdd wrote:I remember watching the Evens at Ft Reno with John, Plucky, Earthdog and my wife. It was the first time I had met all of them. After the event, out of nowhere, John said come on, I will introduce you to Ian. I would never have asked him to do that, but he did it out of the kindness of his own heart. It meant a lot to me, and I will never forget that moment...Then we went and had some margaritas!

Let's get this t-shirt thing going, Shary! And if someone has the means to do it, maybe we should get something going to get The Stabb Experience cassette reissued with additional tracks to highlight John's entire singing career and all of the band he has touched.

Plucky, thanks for continuing to be there for John. I know you have helped him on several occasions in the past too.

Ian drank a margarita?!!?!?!?
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby plucky » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:59 am

Standby in the next few days for a gofund campaign to be released. Not only prayers and positive energy but there is a financial toll to all of this. Just a small amount from many people can go a long ways. I'll post information once it is active.
plucky

Postby lewdd » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:02 am

gregpolard wrote:
lewdd wrote:I remember watching the Evens at Ft Reno with John, Plucky, Earthdog and my wife. It was the first time I had met all of them. After the event, out of nowhere, John said come on, I will introduce you to Ian. I would never have asked him to do that, but he did it out of the kindness of his own heart. It meant a lot to me, and I will never forget that moment...Then we went and had some margaritas!

Ian drank a margarita?!!?!?!?

Just me, my wife, Edog, and Stabb...and then Henry Rollins almost bowled me over exiting the elevator at the hotel.
lewdd

Next

Return to daghouse