Official Daghouse Running Dogs Thread - PART TWO

Re: Official Daghouse Running Dogs Thread - PART TWO

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:02 am

YO! I've had this pull to start jogging again more consistently and then the ONE UP show announcement(s) were the push I needed.

Since last monday (7/5) I have gone every single day but one, and that was on 7/6 because I was so sore after not going for months. I'm up to around 2 miles a day again. I use STRAVA app if anyone wants to be friends on there for motivation. My username is....gregpolard.

I'm getting to the point where I look forward to the daily jog, which is a good thing. I would love for this to become a habit.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:04 am

Oh damn....FLIP!
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:06 am

Hal wrote:
NotBaker wrote:
Anyone else running these days?

Yup! Been running consistently since last season. Doing 4-5 miles about 4 days a week. Starting to get into good form with some positive changes to my diet in the past month or so. I'm not planning on running any races this season. I bought a road bike last spring and I'm much more stoked on riding than I am on running. I try to ride twice a week now (20-45 miles). I consciously made the decision last year to miss out on some prime fall riding in order to train for my half marathon. Not sure that I would do the same this year. That could change though! :lol:

Just picked up a new pair of HOKA Clifton 7's. LOVE these shoes. Game-changer for this aching, almost 50-year-old.

Good luck with your training NotBaker!

Again, if any of you guys are on Strava, look me up: Mike Haller (Avon, CT)

Just seeing this, Hal.

I added you and yo...aren't the HOKA's amazing!? They're not much to look at but I'll be damned if they weren't worth every penny.
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:50 am

Man, starting a new running regime in this weather is not easy. Good luck, Greg!

Just looked at my stats, and I have managed to average 4 miles of walking every day for 2+ years now. I also added some daily yoga and dumbbell weight training around April of last year. So while I've put on about 20 pounds from my all-time low (working 6 feet from my kitchen has not helped), I feel better than ever overall.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby lewdd » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:55 am

One of these days, you guys will be an inspiration to me, but I don't expect it to happen before 2024.
lewdd

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:57 am

scannest wrote:Man, starting a new running regime in this weather is not easy. Good luck, Greg!

Just looked at my stats, and I have managed to average 4 miles of walking every day for 2+ years now. I also added some daily yoga and dumbbell weight training around April of last year. So while I've put on about 20 pounds from my all-time low (working 6 feet from my kitchen has not helped), I feel better than ever overall.

Thank you!
Yeah working at home this last year and a half has been...trying. We just got informed that we are not going back into the office which I'm actually pleased about. Some days I jog on lunch break but lately I've preferred, when time allows, to go after dinner as it cools down a bit.
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:11 am

gregpolard wrote:Yeah working at home this last year and a half has been...trying. We just got informed that we are not going back into the office which I'm actually pleased about. Some days I jog on lunch break but lately I've preferred, when time allows, to go after dinner as it cools down a bit.

I'm not going back before September, but even them it will never be 5 days a week again. Maybe 2-3 times a week, maybe 2-3 a month! Undecided as of yet.
I tend to do an hour at lunch and then another 30-45 minutes in the early evening. On the weekends I've got a record store that's around 2 miles away, so that breaks things up nicely.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:24 am

scannest wrote: On the weekends I've got a record store that's around 2 miles away, so that breaks things up nicely.

HiFi? Or is there another one there now?
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby scannest » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:02 pm

JGJR wrote:HiFi? Or is there another one there now?

No, that's the one. Not a great store, but I'll always find something.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:02 pm

scannest wrote:
JGJR wrote:HiFi? Or is there another one there now?

No, that's the one. Not a great store, but I'll always find something.

That was my impression, too. I've only been there once when I was visiting some friends in Astoria about 4 years ago. I did get a copy of Elliott Smith's Figure 8 there, though!
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:31 pm

JGJR this is a thread about running, not vinyl. Save it for the Last 5 thread!
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:45 am

Ended up skipping out last night to take a day off, first since the prior tuesday.

This morning I got up early to go and boy, I thought I was going to beat the heat and was I wrong? But did my longest distance yet. Here's to tomorrow!
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:55 pm

gregpolard wrote:JGJR this is a thread about running, not vinyl. Save it for the Last 5 thread!

I contain multitudes and more to the point, to quote an interview with James Murphy that I was just listening to earlier today on WTF (Marc Maron's podcast), "I'm a tangential person." :lol:
JGJR

Postby Hal » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:38 pm

gregpolard wrote:Just seeing this, Hal.

I added you and yo...aren't the HOKA's amazing!? They're not much to look at but I'll be damned if they weren't worth every penny.

Totally! Glad you got back out there! Good luck with the training! See ya over on Strava 8-)
Hal

Postby gregpolard » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:47 pm

Hal wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Just seeing this, Hal.

Totally! Glad you got back out there! Good luck with the training! See ya over on Strava 8-)

Trying to increase my pace. It's tough.

Working on getting up earlier not only to prep for when the boys go back to school but also to get jogs in before work, as I find running first thing, on an empty stomach, seems to be best for me. The other day I inadvertently ran a 5K, which for me is a big deal.
gregpolard

Postby Hal » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:16 am

gregpolard wrote:Working on getting up earlier not only to prep for when the boys go back to school but also to get jogs in before work, as I find running first thing, on an empty stomach, seems to be best for me. The other day I inadvertently ran a 5K, which for me is a big deal.

Nice job on the 5k! This is also my routine. Wake>Coffee>Stretch>Run. Best way to start the day. I'm exhausted when I get home from work. I always seem to pull muscles if I run later in the day.
Hal

Previous

Return to daghouse