any thoughts on Carducci's Dementia(new book)?

any thoughts on Carducci's Dementia(new book)?

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:25 pm

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/201 ... ds_leg.php

seems like a mash up of different styles of his work. this one flew under the radar for me, as i just heard of it. it looks more interesting than Rock and the Pop Narcotic(which was very dry is some places) and the Naomi book was great. Did anyone check this one out? Can't find any real reviews of it online.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Re: any thoughts on Carducci's Dementia(new book)?

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:14 am

I haven't read it. I thought "Rock and the Pop Narcotic" was unreadable but had good photos and a few interesting SST anecdotes buried in the muck. I liked "Enter Naomi" a lot more. Carducci's prose is kinda leaden at times but he seems like a smart, interesting guy.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby jaybird » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:25 am

RATPN is not something to really sit down and read, but it is a pretty good reference book - like an encyclopedia of underground rock from the 50s to the 90s.
jaybird

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:39 am

jaybird wrote:RATPN is not something to really sit down and read, but it is a pretty good reference book - like an encyclopedia of underground rock from the 50s to the 90s.

that's true. i think i gave up trying to read it in one sitting, and may have even skipped a few parts here and there. carducci is best left to brevity, but this book seems to be more like an anthology, so maybe i'll just buy it.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Return to daghouse