Coke Bust

Coke Bust

Postby JGJR » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:27 pm

I know some of you are fans. I finally checked them out today after years of hearing about how good they are. The demo 7" is awesome. I can't believe that a band was able to capture the spirit and sound of early Infest that effectively, just like something right out of '87 or '88. I didn't like the "Fuck Bar Culture" 7" nearly as much. It's recorded all weird ad doesn't have the same impact. How is the rest of their stuff? Is anything else as good as the demo?
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Re: Coke Bust

Postby john stabb » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:22 am

I've not only had the pleasure of seeing these young talented men tear a room apart with their brilliant harDCore but was honored to join them for their fine rendition of "Teenager in a Box" (@ WMUCFM ) & Pentagram's (and they don't speed it up one bit!) "Forever my Queen" (@Dead City Fest). If nobody else is familiar with Coke Bust --- go get their records/see them live because they're the best group doing h/c on the planet. :idea: And I personally thought I was getting burned out on bands trying to be hardcore. The CB boys have renewed my interest. :o
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Re: Coke Bust

Postby Gary » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:29 am

My band got drafted in last minute to replace another band to open for them a while back. I'd never heard them before but was impressed and bought a bunch of 7"s.

Killer drummer.
Gary

Return to daghouse