Detox

Detox

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 am

Anybody have either/both of their records in Mp3 form? If so, feel like sharing?
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Re: Detox

Postby MXV » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:56 am

I have them all on vinyl (at least I think I do, I know I have the 7" and at least one LP) but no digital. Someday in the future I'll get around to digitizing it.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:03 am

MXV wrote:I have them all on vinyl (at least I think I do, I know I have the 7" and at least one LP) but no digital. Someday in the future I'll get around to digitizing it.

There was talk of a cd anthology about 5 years ago but that never materialized.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby MXV » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:57 am

Correction, I have the 7" and the one LP. What was the second one called? I may not have even known of it, that or I just never came across one.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby version sound » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:04 am

Have not heard them since the '80s. I liked them at the time. Do they hold up?
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby matt » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:17 am

I've been in detox. Does that count?
matt
Site Admin

Postby JGJR » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:53 am

matt wrote:I've been in detox. Does that count?

Honestly, that's what I thought this thread would be about. In all seriousness, congratulations on your sobriety (and on the new digs).
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:10 am

MXV wrote:Correction, I have the 7" and the one LP. What was the second one called? I may not have even known of it, that or I just never came across one.

We Don't Like You Either. Looks like you can score a new copy on Amazon for $10.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:12 am

version sound wrote:Have not heard them since the '80s. I liked them at the time. Do they hold up?

It's good SoCal punk. Not life changing, but cool.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:13 am

Did you actually go through alcohol withdrawal? That's hardcore.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:43 am

xxxHunterxxx wrote:

yeah, i am curious as well. DT"s always sounded horrible, like almost as bad or worse than heroin.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby the mean » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:08 pm

Anyone know who "PK" from this band is?
the mean

Postby matt » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:39 pm

yourenotevil wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:

yeah, i am curious as well. DT"s always sounded horrible, like almost as bad or worse than heroin.

Yep, it's gnarly. Alcohol withdrawal is actually one of the most dangerous because of the risk of seizures and heart attack. Trying to dry out on my own led to some ugly, ugly days and nights. After my last drunk, I spent six days in a sedated haze in detox. Not fun. So not fun that I haven't had a drink since (that was almost 28 months ago).

xxxTRUExxxTILLxxxTOMORROWxxx
matt
Site Admin

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:19 pm

matt wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:

Yep, it's gnarly. Alcohol withdrawal is actually one of the most dangerous because of the risk of seizures and heart attack. Trying to dry out on my own led to some ugly, ugly days and nights. After my last drunk, I spent six days in a sedated haze in detox. Not fun. So not fun that I haven't had a drink since (that was almost 28 months ago).

I was a binge drinker. I could go long stretches without drinking but once I started, I couldn't stop until I ran out of booze or fell over unconscious. I still cringe when I think about what it was like to wake up, have no idea where I was, and try to piece together the events of the night before (which always involved mortifyingly bad behavior on my part). And that was 20 fucking years ago.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:35 pm

xxxHunterxxx wrote:
matt wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:

I was a binge drinker. I could go long stretches without drinking but once I started, I couldn't stop until I ran out of booze or fell over unconscious. I still cringe when I think about what it was like to wake up, have no idea where I was, and try to piece together the events of the night before (which always involved mortifyingly bad behavior on my part). And that was 20 fucking years ago.

damn man, that's hardcore. how much/what were you guys drinking a night, if it isn't getting too personal. i have known some hardcore drunks in my time. once i was crashing on my friend's couch. he was like a fucking ironman, always working hard at his job(sold cars) and never complained about shit. i always wondered how he kept it together. it didn't take long to find out, as he would drink at least 12 beers a night, sometimes up to 15. he would black out, but he somehow always got up for work and never seemed sick in the morning, but it was obviously a huge fucking problem.

i knew another guy through work that would drink those 64 oz things of OE. he would leave them sitting for hours, pass out and start drinking in the morning or whenever he got up. one night he goes to the ER b/c his liver is all fucked and he couldn't move except to lie in a fetal position. he had some kind of surgery and the doc was like, "if you drink again, you are going to die." my friend picked him up from the hospital and first thing he wanted was to get OE.
yourenotevil

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:51 pm

yourenotevil wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:
matt wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:

damn man, that's hardcore. how much/what were you guys drinking a night, if it isn't getting too personal.

I stuck to beer for the most part. It's hard to say how much because I almost always blacked out at some point in the evening. When I was 17 and still holding it together reasonably well, I drank 28 beers one night and was relatively sober. As my alcoholism progressed, I developed a reverse tolerance and would get really drunk on a small amount of alcohol.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:17 pm

There's a download of the Detox album here:

http://wilddevilrules.blogspot.com/2012/05/detox-st-lp-1985.html
xxxHunterxxx

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:23 pm

I went through detox.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby yourenotevil » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 pm

xxxHunterxxx wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:
matt wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:

damn man, that's hardcore. how much/what were you guys drinking a night, if it isn't getting too personal.

I stuck to beer for the most part. It's hard to say how much because I almost always blacked out at some point in the evening. When I was 17 and still holding it together reasonably well, I drank 28 beers one night and was relatively sober. As my alcoholism progressed, I developed a reverse tolerance and would get really drunk on a small amount of alcohol.

damn man, that is a high tolerance. how many hours was that spread out over? i have seen few episodes of intervention where the guy will drink 30 beers, but that is over the course of a full day.
yourenotevil

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:35 pm

Like 5 or 6 hours. Apparently, Wade Boggs drank 70 beers a day while playing baseball.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby pedro » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:11 pm

xxxHunterxxx wrote:Like 5 or 6 hours. Apparently, Wade Boggs drank 70 beers a day while playing baseball.

While official documentation is hard to find, the story goes that Boggs would drink around 50 Miller Lights on a typical cross country flight. Supposedly his record was 64.

Boggs has stated that these numbers are inflated.

Hello.
pedro

Postby yourenotevil » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:02 pm

pedro wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:Like 5 or 6 hours. Apparently, Wade Boggs drank 70 beers a day while playing baseball.

While official documentation is hard to find, the story goes that Boggs would drink around 50 Miller Lights on a typical cross country flight. Supposedly his record was 64.

miller lite is 4.2 abv and weak sauce though. i am sure i could drink 30 of those and it would be like drinking 10 or 12 high craft IPAs or something. i think i would rather just piss for four hours straight than actually drink all of those miller lites.
yourenotevil

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:48 am

yourenotevil wrote:
pedro wrote:

miller lite is 4.2 abv and weak sauce though. i am sure i could drink 30 of those and it would be like drinking 10 or 12 high craft IPAs or something. i think i would rather just piss for four hours straight than actually drink all of those miller lites.

But can you hit major league pitching?

On another note, the Detox Lp is cool. Kinda like DI.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby JGJR » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:54 am

yourenotevil wrote:miller lite is 4.2 abv and weak sauce though. i am sure i could drink 30 of those and it would be like drinking 10 or 12 high craft IPAs or something. i think i would rather just piss for four hours straight than actually drink all of those miller lites.

My thoughts exactly.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby yourenotevil » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:09 am

xxxHunterxxx wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
pedro wrote:

But can you hit major league pitching?

On another note, the Detox Lp is cool. Kinda like DI.

jamie moyer- yes, anybody else-nope.
yourenotevil

Return to daghouse