Voivod

Voivod

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Dimension Hatross is the one.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Re: Voivod

Postby Michele » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:01 am

don't know, so many great albums to choose among....
"Punker": Damnit, your english is confusing!
"Version Sound": Damnit, your english is amazing!
"Cischord": Damnit, my English is confusing!
Michele

Postby WrEtcH » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:27 am

xxxHunterxxx wrote:Dimension Hatross is the one.

definitely my "go to" album, but there's a lot of other good stuff like Michele mentioned.
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:49 am

'Outer Limits' gets a lot of play on my iPod.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby Gary » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:52 am

First three are godlike,after that I didn't care for anything.

The demos lp Alternative Tentacles did a few years ago was killer.

Watched some recent live footage on youtube a while back and they looked great live these days.
Gary

Postby drew » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:07 am

"Killing Technology" is my fave but this last year or so I listen to "To The Death '84" the most. Totally raw & awesome.
drew

Postby MXV » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:53 am

xxxHunterxxx wrote:Dimension Hatross is the one.

Without a doubt! I love that album and still listen to it regularly.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:38 am

drew wrote:"Killing Technology" is my fave but this last year or so I listen to "To The Death '84" the most. Totally raw & awesome.

yeah KT is def the best album, lost interest in them after 90 or so.
Last edited by yourenotevil on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby Michele » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:54 am

rrroooaaarrr had such an impact on my life, I was super shocked by that album and we also named our zine as a tribute to that album!
btw, I guess they are beside celtic frost my fave bands in extreme metal
"Punker": Damnit, your english is confusing!
"Version Sound": Damnit, your english is amazing!
"Cischord": Damnit, my English is confusing!
Michele

Postby MXV » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:55 am

I pretty much liked enough on all of their albums with Snake singing that made them all worth having. I really loved their cover of "the Nile Song" too. I didn't like anything they did with that other guy singing when Snake left and I was glad when he returned to the band. I listened to that new album on Spotify recently and it was quite good.
MXV

Postby JGJR » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:49 am

MXV wrote:I pretty much liked enough on all of their albums with Snake singing that made them all worth having. I really loved their cover of "the Nile Song" too. I didn't like anything they did with that other guy singing when Snake left and I was glad when he returned to the band. I listened to that new album on Spotify recently and it was quite good.

I knew they covered "Astronomy Domine" on one of their albums (Nothingface, perhaps?), but didn't know they did "The Nile Song," too. Very cool. I'll have to check that out.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:41 am

JGJR wrote:
MXV wrote:I pretty much liked enough on all of their albums with Snake singing that made them all worth having. I really loved their cover of "the Nile Song" too. I didn't like anything they did with that other guy singing when Snake left and I was glad when he returned to the band. I listened to that new album on Spotify recently and it was quite good.

I knew they covered "Astronomy Domine" on one of their albums (Nothingface, perhaps?), but didn't know they did "The Nile Song," too. Very cool. I'll have to check that out.

yeah, it was nothingface, great album. this was a band i pieced together mostly from used tapes. i got angel rat once and was horrified at how bad it was. i don't thinki ever bothered with the eric stuff as i heard it sucked. is the stuff since piggy died any good? i just never really check it out.
yourenotevil

Postby WrEtcH » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:52 am

just to add, I saw 'em last year opening up for NEUROSIS and they still are great live.
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:05 pm

does anyone know if there are more remasters being planned? i know war and pain got the deluxe treatment but it seems like they never did anything else. discogs says dimension was remastered in 2005 or so by sanctuary. has anyone heard any direct comparison of the cds> i only have the older version.
yourenotevil

Postby Gary » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:24 pm

Gary wrote:First three are godlike,after that I didn't care for anything.

I'm gonna have to take that back,I'm listening to the Dimension Hatross lp now and it's killer,way better than I remembered.
Gary

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:11 pm

Kronik is a good album of oddities with 'the other guy' on vocals.

Snake is much better, but 'Nannoman' and their hard techno- headache drum and bass stuff has its moments. No, the fans obviously did not embrace this direction.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby MXV » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:52 pm

I'm listening to all the Voivod albums on the Spotify today. And by all I mean only the ones with Snake singing. I'm on Nothingface right now. I LOVE their cover of Astronomy Domine which is far superior to the Pink Floyd original - but theirs is great too. I really liked the progression of this band from thrash metal to some sort of science fiction metal that was very unique. Dimension Hatross and Nothingface being my two favorites and their peak of greatness.
MXV

Postby yourenotevil » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:25 pm

MXV wrote:I'm listening to all the Voivod albums on the Spotify today. And by all I mean only the ones with Snake singing. I'm on Nothingface right now. I LOVE their cover of Astronomy Domine which is far superior to the Pink Floyd original - but theirs is great too. I really liked the progression of this band from thrash metal to some sort of science fiction metal that was very unique. Dimension Hatross and Nothingface being my two favorites and their peak of greatness.

i think KT and dimension are great. i like nothingface but i don't think it is as good as those two other albums. pretty hard to say any of those 80s albums are not worth checking out though.
yourenotevil

Postby WrEtcH » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:19 pm

BTW, r.i.p. Piggy who passed away today 8 years ago
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:28 pm

MXV wrote:I LOVE their cover of Astronomy Domine which is far superior to the Pink Floyd original.

This.
xxxMidgexxx

Return to daghouse