Slap Shot (movie)

Slap Shot (movie)

Postby Janelle » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:23 am

Ok, so Clash77 told me he had put up something like is the movie or "band" better on here! And I watched the movie w/ him and it was funny. '77 obviously a male-oriented film but funny nonetheless. I was just in awe that Paul Newman would be in such a thing. I'm like, I thought he was so classy ha. But Matt said the director is the same that did 'The Sting' so he knows a thing or two about directing :) Damn just a quick glance at imdb shows Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid too he directed so I guess he had a thing for Paul Newman.

Anyway, a good hockey flick if anyone wants to add some insight!
When your number's up be what you are
Janelle

Re: Slap Shot (movie)

Postby jaybird » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:43 pm

Great movie, and the inspiration of one of the greatest in-joke bands in punk rock history:

jaybird

Postby JGJR » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Great, great, great movie. I like Slapshot (the band) up to Step On It and maybe Sudden Death Overtime (which is OK), but it's the movie all the way for me.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby scannest » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:52 pm

Didn't realize until recently that a woman wrote the screenplay for Slapshot. Kinda unexpected.
Always loved that Maxine Gayle song from the soundtrack.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:45 pm

scannest wrote:Didn't realize until recently that a woman wrote the screenplay for Slapshot. Kinda unexpected.
Always loved that Maxine Gayle song from the soundtrack.

I love it, too.

JGJR

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:53 pm

i love certain parts of melinda dillon in this movie.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby JGJR » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:07 pm

yourenotevil wrote:i love certain parts of melinda dillon in this movie.

Ditto. I found the video last night and just watched it again (warning: it is definitely NSFW but awesome and not just for the above but the dialogue is great as well; it's actually a romantic scene; kind of).

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkdf9q ... ot_redband
JGJR

Postby yourenotevil » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:14 pm

JGJR wrote:

Ditto. I found the video last night and just watched it again (warning: it is definitely NSFW but awesome and not just for the above but the dialogue is great as well; it's actually a romantic scene; kind of).

it was such a small part too. i don't get why she fell off so hard. she was in some big 70s movies and had two oscar noms for close encounters and absence of malice. after that movie she faded into obscurity(i know she did xmas story but that is more of a cult movie). the rest of her career is not so hot. she wasn't like classic hollywood beautiful but she definitely had a distinctive look. i don't want to use the girl next door cliche, but something like that, i.e. the attractive 70s wife.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby jaybird » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:51 am

yourenotevil wrote:
JGJR wrote:

it was such a small part too. i don't get why she fell off so hard. she was in some big 70s movies and had two oscar noms for close encounters and absence of malice. after that movie she faded into obscurity(i know she did xmas story but that is more of a cult movie). the rest of her career is not so hot. she wasn't like classic hollywood beautiful but she definitely had a distinctive look. i don't want to use the girl next door cliche, but something like that, i.e. the attractive 70s wife.

Also the mom of the abducted toddler in Close Encounters of the Third Kind... I only realized that a few years ago.
jaybird

Return to daghouse