Necros '82 demo

Necros '82 demo

Postby version sound » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 am

Does anyone have it? The only link I could find was dead. The tracklist I found is as follows:

1.No One
2.Take 'Em Up
3.Face Forward
4.Police Brutality
5.Change
6.Conquest For Death
7.Satisfy
8.Your Version
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Re: Necros '82 demo

Postby tad ghostal » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:50 am

If it's available, I'm sure Alona's Dream will release it on 7" one day.
tad ghostal

Postby Matschy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:32 am

Have mp3 and a flac versions which both sound like crap.

Besides the hiss and missing highs it's is speed up which makes
the vocals sound like the chipmunks. Or this was intentional
and common practice to make your bands sound "faster"...

Anyway, i'm uploading the flac version right now!
Matschy

Postby version sound » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:18 am

tad ghostal wrote:If it's available, I'm sure Alona's Dream will release it on 7" one day.

Corey is probably on it, so they probably won't.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby Matschy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:52 am

Matschy

Postby yourenotevil » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:02 pm

does anyone know why these are getting released and not the actual releases?
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby tad ghostal » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:46 pm

version sound wrote:
tad ghostal wrote:If it's available, I'm sure Alona's Dream will release it on 7" one day.

is Corey not on the latest one? I thought he was in the band by then. But I don't know if it matters because Barry owns the tapes. I saw Todd Swalla post a comment on blog about how he had to pay for a copy of these releases.

yourenotevil wrote:does anyone know why these are getting released and not the actual releases?

I wondered that, too, because I supposedly it was Barry who blocked Touch and Go's attempts to reissue that stuff and he seems to be behind the Alona's Dream stuff. Maybe he doesn't want Corey to profit from the old records.
tad ghostal

Postby MXV » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:00 pm

tad ghostal wrote:
version sound wrote:

is Corey not on the latest one? I thought he was in the band by then. But I don't know if it matters because Barry owns the tapes. I saw Todd Swalla post a comment on blog about how he had to pay for a copy of these releases.

yourenotevil wrote:does anyone know why these are getting released and not the actual releases?

I wondered that, too, because I supposedly it was Barry who blocked Touch and Go's attempts to reissue that stuff and he seems to be behind the Alona's Dream stuff. Maybe he doesn't want Corey to profit from the old records.

Basically certain members of the band don't like each other and no one can agree on anything as far as a reissue goes. It won't come out on Touch and Go because Barry doesn't want Corey to get such a big cut and he seems awfully content to lose out on all that money by keeping it out of print and letting the bootleggers profit off his music instead. It makes little sense and at one point years ago I tried to talk him into working something out for us to reissue it in a way that everyone gets an equal split and he didn't want to bother.

Instead the only Necros records you were able to buy in the last 25 years are crappy live recordings and demos recorded in the bathroom on a micro cassette recorder in crappily packaged overpriced singles, neither of which does the band's legacy any justice.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby yourenotevil » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:03 pm

MXV wrote:
tad ghostal wrote:
version sound wrote:

Basically certain members of the band don't like each other and no one can agree on anything as far as a reissue goes. It won't come out on Touch and Go because Barry doesn't want Corey to get such a big cut and he seems awfully content to lose out on all that money by keeping it out of print and letting the bootleggers profit off his music instead. It makes little sense and at one point years ago I tried to talk him into working something out for us to reissue it in a way that everyone gets an equal split and he didn't want to bother.

Instead the only Necros records you were able to buy in the last 25 years are crappy live recordings and demos recorded in the bathroom on a micro cassette recorder in crappily packaged overpriced singles, neither of which does the band's legacy any justice.

the story going round in the mid 90s was that they had all gotten in a room sometime and wanted to go through who actually wrote what songs and re do the writing credits and who would get royalties like that but i have no idea if it is true or not.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby version sound » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Conquest for Death is the only one that sounds decent, demo or not.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby Chris Shary » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:43 pm

As far as I recall Touch 'N' Go reserved their catalog number 69 for CD discography. Funny stuff.
Chris Shary

Postby Knutsen » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:34 pm

I got a vinyl album bootleg compilation with all tracks of
sex drive 7"
IQ32 7"
Conquest for Death album + 7"
Tangled up album
+ some live an unreleased songs.

Sound quality is okayish, and it makes me happy and saved me a lot of money.
Listening to Punk today is like listening to Glenn Miller in 1982.
Knutsen

Postby MXV » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Chris Shary wrote:As far as I recall Touch 'N' Go reserved their catalog number 69 for CD discography. Funny stuff.

I remember when Slint reissued Tweez on Touch and Go they insisted that it be catalog number 138.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Return to daghouse