So we're opening for the Misfits

So we're opening for the Misfits

Postby captain2man » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:53 pm

Sorry for the self-promotional band spam.....but we (Two Man Advantage) got the direct support slot opening for the Misfits at the Paramount in Huntington, NY (Long Island) on Friday, February 13th.

In the 17 years and 600-something shows we've done, I don't think we've ever played a place that had a 1500 capacity....so kind of a big deal for us.

I know not too many of you live in the NYC/LI area - or would be inclined to see the modern-day version of the Misfits....but - if you are so inclined - buying tix through this link would help us a lot.

It's not pay to play (we have a guarantee), but it's how they track the people who we brought in and I figure it couldn't hurt to have as many people as possible buy tix through it.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/venueartist/1280/735666?Camefrom=CFC_PARAMOUNT_THEATER_MISFIT2MAN
captain2man

Re: So we're opening for the Misfits

Postby FlexMyHead » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:41 pm

Well, at least you get to see Dez!

It's not pay to play (we have a guarantee), but it's how they track the people who we brought in and I figure it couldn't hurt to have as many people as possible buy tix through it.

Was not even aware that was a thing/possible, I'd use it if I had planned on going!
FlexMyHead

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Congrats man. That rules!
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby clash77 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:59 pm

A great thing for a great bunch of guys!!..Congrats Jeff!
clash77

Postby Janelle » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:08 pm

Very cool Jeff!
When your number's up be what you are
Janelle

Postby captain2man » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:12 pm

clash77 wrote:A great thing for a great bunch of guys!!..Congrats Jeff!

Thanks.....hope to see you & Janelle there for a little pre-Valentine's Day punk rock?

You two are actually the only ones on this board I'm aware of that are even from L.I.
captain2man

Postby earthdog70 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:24 pm

Congrats to 2 Man :!:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby MXV » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:47 am

You forgot the quotes around "the misfits" for The Misfits they are not.

But that aside, it is still a good gig for you and there should be a decent amount of marks there so you'll be playing to a new audience, which could be good for your band as I'm sure you will easily upstage the Jerry Only Experience.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby aquaman » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:39 pm

Congrats I have to say even for 17 years 600 shows seems like a lot...35 a year, 3 a month? Don't doubt you but even when I was playing regularly that did not seem like a possibility to get booked, what sort of places were you playing?
aquaman

Postby captain2man » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:28 pm

aquaman wrote:Congrats I have to say even for 17 years 600 shows seems like a lot...35 a year, 3 a month? Don't doubt you but even when I was playing regularly that did not seem like a possibility to get booked, what sort of places were you playing?

We've been around since 1997 and have toured across the country several times. 35 shows a year isn't all that much when you tour.....some years we did that over the course of just a few months.

To be honest - it's probably not quite 600....but it's close. Our website has a page that has almost all of the shows we've ever played.....we are missing a few in the earliest years of the band.

http://twomanadvantage.com/thepastgames2.html

(yes - the website sucks)

As far as types of places? A bit of everything.....punk rock bars, clubs, more "professional" type venues, VFW halls.....whatever. We played the Continental in NYC about 30 times, Trash Bar in Brooklyn about 20 or so.....CBGB about a dozen, I'd guess.

We played a barn in Elko, Nevada once. That was probably the only barn.
captain2man

Return to daghouse