Suzi Quatro vs Joan Jett

Suzi Quatro vs Joan Jett

Postby clash77 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:36 pm

Joan vs her idol?.hmmmm.interesting..
clash77

Re: Suzi Quatro vs Joan Jett

Postby john stabb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:10 pm

Wow, I had to fight my way in here with all the replies. ;) Loved first few Quatro albums (and she's Joan's biggest influence musically & visually for many years till she cut off her hair & bleached it blonde in mid-90's) but Jett with or w/o the Blackhearts + Runaways - S/T, has put out more records that I dig vs her mentor. Suzi ended up doing really cheesy Disco-pop stuff after her amazing Glam-period. That was probably on the advice of manager, Mike Chapman, but horrible career move. :oops:
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby Gary » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:16 pm

Joan Jett,same reasons as John,although I only really like the first Suzi lp,the second is ok and then the odd good single.

Suzi Quatro is playing here in May,I'm kinda tempted,but it's expensive and could go either way and I feel it could go the wrong way.
Gary

Postby scannest » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:35 pm

Yeah, I thought this was kind of a no-brainer (hence the lack of responses). Suzi ain't in the same league, despite having come first.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:08 pm

scannest wrote:Yeah, I thought this was kind of a no-brainer (hence the lack of responses). Suzi ain't in the same league, despite having come first.

Gotta agree with this; I've only heard one Suzi full-length and it was supposed to be one of her best and it didn't make much of an impression whereas I love The Runaways and the first few Joan Jett/Blackhearts albums.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Return to daghouse