Minecraft

Minecraft

Postby gregpolard » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:08 pm

Anyone else's kids obsessed with this game?
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Re: Minecraft

Postby scannest » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:36 pm

Oh yeah, big time. Milo watches YouTube videos with all sorts of mods and cheats on one screen and then puts them into the game he is playing on another. I feel as lost as my dad probably did when I started going on about KISS or some other band.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:42 pm

scannest wrote:Oh yeah, big time. Milo watches YouTube videos with all sorts of mods and cheats on one screen and then puts them into the game he is playing on another. I feel as lost as my dad probably did when I started going on about KISS or some other band.

It's worse with two of them into it. They play it on the Xbox and seemingly get along...then the arguments start.

And man, those Youtube videos. If you would've told me when I was a kid that kids would be entertained watching OTHER people play video games, I'd have thought you were insane. God, I'm old. hahaha
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby earthdog70 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:12 pm

Yes-Earthpuppy is all about this now (about to turn 9 next month).

He dressed up as a Minecraft dude for Halloween (just a cardboard box thing :lol: )

Videos on youtube on how to play it have to be monitored, those gamers like to drop the f-bomb every once and awhile. :roll:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby scannest » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:21 pm

earthdog70 wrote:Videos on youtube on how to play it have to be monitored, those gamers like to drop the f-bomb every once and awhile. :roll:

We find that Tobuscus plays it pretty clean (and I think he's kinda funny at times), but Pewdiepie is off limits.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby tad ghostal » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:36 pm

My oldest (turns 9 next month) was really into until late last year. Played it at school, watched the YouTube videos all the time, talked about it incessantly. Then, this fall, he told me he was kind of bored with it (he was more obsessed with Star Wars). However, he got one of the Lego Minecraft sets for Xmas and now he's back into it.
tad ghostal

Postby lewdd » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:13 pm

be sure to by some minecraft products in the trading card section at Walmart to help a brother out ;)
lewdd

Postby FlexMyHead » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:27 pm

My nephew loves Minecraft, he watches streams and youtube also. I babysat him one night and while he was asleep I spent about 4 hours building a scaled down version of his own home in the game and I was all proud of myself and when I showed it to him he was all "meh, check out this 12 story castle my 8 year old friend and I made". DOH. I don't know what architects use now, but when I was in college, it looks a lot like CADKEY, so the game could be getting a bunch of kids inspired to be kick-ass architects of the future. I've also noticed that many ASD/ADHD kids seem to love the "endless" nature of it and can play for 8 hours without interruption.
FlexMyHead

Postby jason powell » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:18 am

I actually like plying it myself. I also play it with my cousin and his family on a server, which is cool because its like a group phone call but we are playing a video game.
jason powell

Return to daghouse