All-Star Games

All-Star Games

Postby lewdd » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Maybe I am just getting old and grumpy, but so far I have been disappointed by the NHL and NFL all star games today.
lewdd

Re: All-Star Games

Postby WrEtcH » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:28 pm

they all don't matter except for the MLB all star game
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:23 am

even the MLB game shouldn't count for home field advantage. one of selig's worst decisions as commish. i have always been bored by the pro bowl. the NBA all star game used to be cool, but not for a long time.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby WrEtcH » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:04 am

yourenotevil wrote:even the MLB game shouldn't count for home field advantage. one of selig's worst decisions as commish.

I agree, but compared to the other 3 or 4 all star games, at least the MLB is the most competitive where as the Pro Bowl and NHL, they're just trying to avoid being on IR
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:40 am

WrEtcH wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:even the MLB game shouldn't count for home field advantage. one of selig's worst decisions as commish.

I agree, but compared to the other 3 or 4 all star games, at least the MLB is the most competitive where as the Pro Bowl and NHL, they're just trying to avoid being on IR

i think olbermann said it , like when he was a kid the MLB all star game was awesome because you never saw the two leagues playing against each other, but since they have done inter league games the purpose of it is pointless. the nfl really tried to make it relevant by having it before the superbowl, but that game was always boring. now they have two ex players pick the teams. the NBA was cooler when the real stars used to do the dunk contest and everything, but now most of them skip it.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby WrEtcH » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:12 pm

yourenotevil wrote:
WrEtcH wrote:

i think olbermann said it , like when he was a kid the MLB all star game was awesome because you never saw the two leagues playing against each other, but since they have done inter league games the purpose of it is pointless. the nfl really tried to make it relevant by having it before the superbowl, but that game was always boring. now they have two ex players pick the teams. the NBA was cooler when the real stars used to do the dunk contest and everything, but now most of them skip it.

If yer talking about the skills competition, those are probably the best part of any all star game (except the pro bowl which still sucks.)
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby JGJR » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:29 pm

I agree with what everyone wrote about the Pro Bowl, MLB All-Star Game and NBA All-Star Game (of course I still remember Jordan in the dunk contest, etc.) and would go further re: inter-league play by saying that it's just pointless in the regular season unless it's in-town rivalries (Mets/Yankees or Cubs/Sox, for example).
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Return to daghouse