Debts are overwhelming: GI RECORDS MUST GO!

Debts are overwhelming: GI RECORDS MUST GO!

Postby john stabb » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:29 am

Okay, due to lack of employment issues and too much recent debt piling up before GI plays (what could be a very profitable festival in Houston this Feb!), I guess it was coming sooner than later. I wanted to put it up here for anyone interested before hitting up my friend Matt of SMASH RECORDS to place on Ebay for me.

Legless Bull EP. Dischord No 4. Used Great condition w/ OG Picture slv & lyric sheet containing my parents (RIP) old home address for booking/info. :oops: Probably the most valuable record in my collection but it's only vinyl and I have it on "The Year in Seven Inches" LP + OG demo CD-r.

Finale. 2-Record Official Bootleg. Lost & Found Records. Used/Great condition Black Vinyl. LIVE CONCERT AT THE RITZ NEW YORK CITY FEBRUARY 5TH, 1988 Side A + Side B LIVE OVER KFJC - FM CALIFORNIA, USA OCTOBER 11TH, 1988 Side C + Side D

LIVE ON MYSTIC PRESENTS GOVERNMENT ISSUE LIVE. Used/Great condition Cherry Red Vinyl 1985

BEST OF GOVERNMENT ISSUE. MYSTIC RECORDS. Mint. White Vinyl. 2009. w/LIVE + GIVE US STABB OR GIVE US DEATH EP (Combined on 1 LP)
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Re: Debts are overwhelming: GI RECORDS MUST GO!

Postby captain2man » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:03 pm

Pretty cool when the most valuable record in your collection is one you're on.

I'd offer you $100 for it, but I know that would be an insult and you can probably get 3-4 times that amount for it (median price on Discogs is about $350, and the highest it's sold is a little over $400).

Like you said, it's only vinyl and I have the music as well.....so take care of business and get what you can for it.
captain2man

Postby john stabb » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:47 am

Thanks, Captain :!:
john stabb

Postby captain2man » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:22 am

Besides - I'd listen to my test pressing of 'You' far more often anyway!
captain2man

Postby JGJR » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:04 pm

captain2man wrote:Besides - I'd listen to my test pressing of 'You' far more often anyway!

Are there any notable differences between the test pressing and the released version?

And good luck with your sale, stabb. I hope LB in particular nets you a ton.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby captain2man » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:38 pm

JGJR wrote:
captain2man wrote:Besides - I'd listen to my test pressing of 'You' far more often anyway!

Are there any notable differences between the test pressing and the released version?

And good luck with your sale, stabb. I hope LB in particular nets you a ton.
\

I honestly have never even listened to the test pressing.

The only format I ever had 'You' on (other than the Complete Discography CDs), was on store bought cassette! I'm not even sure I still have it - I probably wore it out (although I still have my store-bought cassette copy of 'Crash').
captain2man

Postby yourenotevil » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:33 pm

sorry, you have to sell these man. hope it gets you some money.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby john stabb » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 pm

:) :cry: THANKS EVERYBODY. The very most been offered (even through great friend) for LB has been $250 but they know I am trying to get more.
john stabb

Postby fiestaware » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:14 pm

captain2man wrote:
JGJR wrote:

I honestly have never even listened to the test pressing.

Listen to it! If it was a 'rejected' test with sound is different enough from the final release: digitize it, charge $X.xx per download - all proceeds to the John Staab Debt Kidney Foundation.

"Did you lose a kidney? We found one! We're the Kidney Foundation."
fiestaware

Postby FlexMyHead » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:10 am

Stabb,
I already have the 7" or I'd make an offer. Right now there is one on Ebay, from my experience, I'd either wait till it goes down and/or see if he auto-reposts it before you put yours up. If he is selling it for cheaper than you'd like, it could influence who bids on what. When I see two items, sometimes there is mad bidding on 1st item, then people that didn't get it will just bid on 2nd item, even if it's more expensive, so having two up could be a good thing, or people could think "Meh, I'll get it later for cheaper".

As cheesy as it might be, I'd for sure mention that it is coming from your collection and maybe offer to personalize the sleeve or write a note or something. That could make it stand out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISCORD-NO-4-KBD-PUNK-HARDCORE-GOVERNMENT-ISSUE-PUNK-HARDCORE-JOHN-STABB-/251790770577?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3a9fe64191

On a side note, are people in favor of having the cover signed by a band member? If you were the one to have them sign it, I think it does increase the connection to the record or whatever, but if it's like "To Sally, thanks for coming to Cleveland to see us on a rainy day" is that the same? I admit that when I list my collection I do note if the band signed the record or included a note or something. I think I prefer for them to sign the white inner sleeve thing because that doesn't alter the "artwork", which in this day and age, that's what vinyl is, an artifact that can be used to play music as well.

FlexMyHead

Postby version sound » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:36 pm

Jeff Nelson and Chuck Dukowski definitely got way more for the stuff they sold than the average seller would have.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby john stabb » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:26 am

Thanks, Flex :!: Decided to get my friend @ SMASH RECORDS/X-Crispus Attux/now in Blockhead), friend, Matt Moffat, to place it + other GI vinyl, etc on ebay. He thinks based on CollectorsFrenzy.com that I could command as much as $750 for LB. We shall see.... Also have the very rare (cover sleeve only) mistake BOYCOTT STABB reverse cover (black on white). Has anyone ever seen it :?: Think there were only 50 mistake in the factory covers. May start @ $100
Those will be sold separate.

Other stuff to sell in one big pile: A few of the Doctor Strange Reissues (Joyride, Fun, S/T), Reflex Records reissue of YOU, and others. That whole shebang may go for starting bid: $600, perhaps.

And I'll sign anything, add new GI stickers, whatever. Will post ebay auction when added. :D
john stabb

Return to daghouse