Fans of Ian MacKaye

Fans of Ian MacKaye

Postby Chris Shary » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:38 pm

As long as I've been into punk music (since 84) Ian MacKaye has been an important figure to me. I did a Sharpie drawing of him a couple years ago as kind of a tribute to his vastly influential work, and I even gave him a copy of the drawing last year when the Evens played Sacramento. I went out on a limb and asked if Ian would mind me making some shirts of that image, and he agreed to it! So Bifocal Media is handling everything, and It'll be a very limited run of 300 shirts. If you're into it, check it out...

http://www.bifocalmedia.com/Bifocal_Med ... SHIRT.html

If you're so inclined please help pass this along to folks who you think would appreciate something of this nature.

I feel pretty honored to be working with Ian.
Chris Shary

Re: Fans of Ian MacKaye

Postby FlexMyHead » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:01 pm

FlexMyHead

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:53 am

Thanks very much fro the purchase! I think it turned out great and I am, again, so honored and pleased that Ian believed in helping push my art, and that's really why he agreed to it. He's a solid dude and I look forward to showing my respect by wearing his image. Minor Threat, Embrace, Fugazi all HUGE bands in my world. Super into the Evens lately as well.
Chris Shary

Postby drew » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:27 pm

I wore my KEITH MORRIS shirt in San Diego last week & had a few ppl stop me to say how cool it was and a couple who asked if was John Lennon?!?! Someone asked if it was "old" John Lennon and I said "No, he never got old, remember?" I totally bummed out that dude.....oh, well. 8-)
drew

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:02 pm

That's rad Drew. Yeah I have a tendency to bum people out on accident a good deal. Oh well. I really love how that Keith shirt turned out. Keith has the original drawing I did for it. He REALLY liked it.
Chris Shary

Postby neutral knieval » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:21 pm

i've had compliments on my melvins/warriors shirt a few times.
neutral knieval

Postby neutral knieval » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:24 pm

oh yeah now that i think about it, you put one of my friends in one of the manchild comics. i'd have to dig it out but it was the melvins one and you commented about running across a black guy that listens to RKL.
neutral knieval

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:55 pm

Neutral, I think you're confusing me with Brian Walsby. Brian does Manchild and works for the Melvins. Not a bad dude to be confused with! Brian and I both do art for Bifocal but I'm primarily doing Sharpie sketches for these shirts. Having said that, Bifocal is doing a TSOL shirt I drew, and there's a nice plug from John Stabb in the description as well.
Chris Shary

Postby neutral knieval » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:14 pm

Walsby, oh yeah. my brain dont work so good
neutral knieval

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:27 pm

Easy mistake. Hey if you haven't checked out the great Brian Walsby shirts that are on Bifocal, you may want to. Just wonderful work!
Chris Shary

Return to daghouse