The Smiths

Postby version sound » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:29 pm

My generation's Beatles.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Re: The Smiths

Postby gregpolard » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Can't argue with that. I'll go one step further (and I love the Beatles) but...better than the Beatles.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:20 pm

gregpolard wrote:Can't argue with that. I'll go one step further (and I love the Beatles) but...better than the Beatles.

Agreed on both counts, actually.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:13 am

i can respect the beatles, even if i do not care for most of their songs. i find nothing appealing about the smiths at all, esp morrisey. those dorky hc kids who wear smiths meat is murder shirts with the thick black glasses are even worse.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby gregpolard » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:51 am

yourenotevil wrote:i can respect the beatles, even if i do not care for most of their songs. i find nothing appealing about the smiths at all, esp morrisey. those dorky hc kids who wear smiths meat is murder shirts with the thick black glasses are even worse.

You're funny. Maybe this happened in 1998 or something but I haven't seen anyone dressed like that at a show in at least a decade.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:56 am

gregpolard wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:i can respect the beatles, even if i do not care for most of their songs. i find nothing appealing about the smiths at all, esp morrisey. those dorky hc kids who wear smiths meat is murder shirts with the thick black glasses are even worse.

You're funny. Maybe this happened in 1998 or something but I haven't seen anyone dressed like that at a show in at least a decade.

pretty common at so cal hc shows, there is at least one guy dressed like that at any given show.
yourenotevil

Postby gregpolard » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:58 am

Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch. hah
gregpolard

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:09 am

gregpolard wrote:Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch. hah

the whole crop is plagued in this matter.
yourenotevil

Return to daghouse