JAWBOX "Scrapbook" on vinyl…...

JAWBOX "Scrapbook" on vinyl…...

Postby Chris Shary » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:18 am

http://arcticrodeorecordings.com/?page_id=2913
Not sure if you guys saw this, but it looks lovely (yes expensive, but it's coming from Germany). Perhaps some of you will be pleased you saw this before the pre-order cutoff of the 5th of January. Yes I ordered a set with the t-shirt.
Chris Shary

Re: JAWBOX "Scrapbook" on vinyl…...

Postby gregpolard » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:23 am

Love this collection. The R.E.M. cover is one of my favorite cover songs.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:28 am

gregpolard wrote:Love this collection. The R.E.M. cover is one of my favorite cover songs.

I really like their version of "Low," though the other covers on there are hit and miss (their Minutemen cover is meh, but the Big Boys cover is nice). The ultimate, though, is their cover of "Airwaves Dream" (Buzzcocks). That might be one of my favorite covers by anyone ever, similar in greatness to their cover of Joy Division's "Something Must Break" on Grippe.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby scannest » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:32 am

That label puts out lots of interesting records but the prices are prohibitive for me, especially when you throw in international shipping charges.

I suspect Jawbox threw them a bone with this one as they were originally scheduled to do a re-issue of the final record (Jawbox on Atlantic) when it was announced that Dischord/DeSoto was going to do it instead. Plus, the original 2x CD set was packaged really nicely with beautiful color booklets. I see no need to double-dip on this one. I could use a new Jawbox t-shirt, however. Anyone know if they still sell merch via some website?
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:33 am

scannest wrote:That label puts out lots of interesting records but the prices are prohibitive for me, especially when you throw in international shipping charges.

Ditto; I have this collection on CD, so I think I'll skip it. I do wanna pick up that vinyl reissue of Novelty one of these days and maybe FYOSS, too (I got the reissue of Grippe).
Last edited by JGJR on Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby Chris Shary » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:33 am

I always have liked these odds and ends compilations and this one in particular. It just shows who they are and where they have come from what's not to love about that? Jawbox is one band who's b-sides and unreleased songs were on par with everything else they did. Love them to no end.
Chris Shary

Postby Gary » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:56 am

Would like it,but have most of the songs on ep's etc and already have the cd. Probably would have ordered if I could have got the Burning Airlines lp's too,but they are sold out. Ah well.
Gary

Postby john stabb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:57 pm

It's my favorite of their entire catalog.
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby BAIN » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:57 am

Whoever is running that site was super cool enough to sell me the t shirt only. Been looking for one to rep since I first saw them in 93. $30.00 but the shirt looks killer.
BAIN

Return to daghouse