new Trashcan Sinatras album via PledgeMusic

new Trashcan Sinatras album via PledgeMusic

Postby JGJR » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:24 am

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/trashcansinatras

I somehow missed this when it was first posted in October, but I pre-ordered my copy yesterday. I wanted the vinyl version, but $40 is way too much so I went with the CD (half the price).

I know there are a few other fans on here (earthdog70, maybe someone else?).
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Re: new Trashcan Sinatras album via PledgeMusic

Postby patient_ot » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:55 pm

I dig the first two albums quite a bit, don't have anything beyond that. I should check out some of the others...
patient_ot

Postby JGJR » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:06 pm

patient_ot wrote:I dig the first two albums quite a bit, don't have anything beyond that. I should check out some of the others...

Yes you should! I actually think they got better with every record up to 2004's absolutely brilliant Weightlifting, but generally speaking everything after Cake (their debut) is great. Cake is their most well-known one here in the U.S. and it's full of great songs, but it's misproduced in places (tough to admit that given that Roger Bechirian, one of my favorite engineers/producers ever, worked on it, along with the also great John Leckie). I prefer the acoustic/live versions of some of those songs on albums like Fez.

Oh and it's a real shame that 1996's A Happy Pocket isn't available anywhere. Here's a taste of it (and possibly my favorite TCS song).

JGJR

Postby earthdog70 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:06 pm

Yep JGJR-I am signed up for this pledge campaign (along with too many others :lol: ). I think I just went with the signed CD and a postcard. Looking forward to it :!:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby JGJR » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:30 pm

earthdog70 wrote:Yep JGJR-I am signed up for this pledge campaign (along with too many others :lol: ). I think I just went with the signed CD and a postcard. Looking forward to it :!:

I was thinking about that one, but it sold out, so I just went with the regular CD + download. It was cheaper anyway. That is cool that you got one of them, though!
JGJR

Return to daghouse