Void - Potion for Bad Dreams

Void - Potion for Bad Dreams

Postby version sound » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:51 am

Can someone hook a brother up? I lost my copy in one of a series of iPod and hard drive crashes.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Re: Void - Potion for Bad Dreams

Postby john stabb » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:55 pm

Even as a fan of VOID, it boggles the mind why anyone would want this. Just a bad idea that came to vinyl, my friend.
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby version sound » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:24 pm

It never came to vinyl, actually. It's also not really that metal.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby Chris Shary » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:06 pm

I too love VOID, but much like the Star Wars Holiday Special, the idea is far more fun than that actual item.
Chris Shary

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:49 am

check your email
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby version sound » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:05 am

Thanks, yne. I already secured two versions, but might check yours out too to see if it's yet another version.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:38 am

version sound wrote:Thanks, yne. I already secured two versions, but might check yours out too to see if it's yet another version.

no prob. there is one track that says rough mix, but i don't know if it is any different. think that is the first track. do you mean different in quality or did someone try to remaster/boost the sound?
yourenotevil

Postby version sound » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:00 am

Sounds like the version I got from obik. That one has better sound, but the titles are all mixed up, "Beautiful Yet Dangerous" cuts out a minute too soon, and the song labelled "Lose My Cool" isn't. "Lose My Cool" isn't actually on that version.

I was listening to PFBD last night, and I really do love it. It often gets dismissed as their "metal record", but I find that description woefully inaccurate. First of all, it's waaaay too fucked up and weird to be the kind of metal record that bands like SSD and DYS made. It reminds me more of GISM, who always had metal elements in their sound, but were never metal. I played some GISM for a metalhead friend once, and he was adamant that they were NOT metal. I have a feeling he would be even more horrified at the suggestion that PFBD is metal. The main thing that puts this head and shoulders above most under-the-influence-of-metal records is the vocals. John never tries to sing like Springa and Dave did, and it's that singing that really ruins those records for me. John still sounds like he's pissed and/or crazy and doesn't attempt to sound like Bon Scott for even a second.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:25 am

never did much for me. like i said in the other thread, i like the live versions of the songs better. probably need to check it out again though. as for GISM, that 2nd lp is pretty metal to me.
yourenotevil

Postby JGJR » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:52 am

version sound wrote:Thanks, yne. I already secured two versions, but might check yours out too to see if it's yet another version.

If you need yet another, I can hook you up tonight. Let me know.

Someone I know just via FB once described this record as Motley Crue played by 15 year old mental patients. I think that it's a pretty apt description, actually. I've never warmed up to it fully, to be honest, but I do like it more than most of the records it gets (maybe unfairly) compared to.
Last edited by JGJR on Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby version sound » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:55 am

JGJR wrote:

How many tracks you got?
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:11 am

version sound wrote:
JGJR wrote:

How many tracks you got?

Dunno off-hand. I have to check it at home, but I will let you know.
JGJR

Postby patient_ot » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:54 pm

Haven't heard this since the late 90s. Remember getting a bootleg CDR from some shady distro and being pissed when it showed up. Whatever version that was sounded like shit, I think it cut off at the end early too.
patient_ot

Postby Gary » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:01 pm

I'm really surprised this has never been bootlegged. Regardless of opinion on it.
I think it's ok.
Gary

Postby Stormy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:07 pm

Here's the best version i've heard. Maybe a rip from the master tapes were posted a while back? Anyway, it's on this discog i made. I know the other shit's in print. Don't spread it around i guess

bg.firstpress.net/Void%20complete%20studio%20discography.zip
Stormy

Postby version sound » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Stormy wrote:Here's the best version i've heard. Maybe a rip from the master tapes were posted a while back? Anyway, it's on this discog i made. I know the other shit's in print. Don't spread it around i guess

Muchas gracias. I've bought every Void record at least twice, so I'm not stealing anything. I won't pass it on to anyone else, though.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:03 am

version sound wrote:
Stormy wrote:Here's the best version i've heard. Maybe a rip from the master tapes were posted a while back? Anyway, it's on this discog i made. I know the other shit's in print. Don't spread it around i guess

Muchas gracias. I've bought every Void record at least twice, so I'm not stealing anything. I won't pass it on to anyone else, though.

Well, it's not like Bubba will ever let it get released. This and the Necros stuff are things I don't ever to expect to see officially released.
JGJR

Postby yourenotevil » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:08 am

JGJR wrote:
version sound wrote:

Well, it's not like Bubba will ever let it get released. This and the Necros stuff are things I don't ever to expect to see officially released.

it's not like his music career would take a hit. anything i have heard him do since 84 is fucking horrible.
yourenotevil

Postby JGJR » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:11 am

yourenotevil wrote:
JGJR wrote:
version sound wrote:

it's not like his music career would take a hit. anything i have heard him do since 84 is fucking horrible.

I forgot what he's done. He was in Soundgarden for a bit, right?
JGJR

Postby yourenotevil » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:26 am

JGJR wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
JGJR wrote:
version sound wrote:

I forgot what he's done. He was in Soundgarden for a bit, right?

discogs has him listed as being on the last soundgarden record, but he isn't in the credits. maybe it was some backing guitar tracks? he played with moby live and did this horrible goth/industrial band in the 90s called earth 18.
yourenotevil

Postby Gary » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:52 am

Didn't he play on a tune on the Probot record?
Gary

Postby yourenotevil » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:56 am

Gary wrote:Didn't he play on a tune on the Probot record?

yeah, but i was focusing on his actual bands. nothing much to speak of since void.....
yourenotevil

Postby Chris Shary » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:00 am

Bubba, if I'm not mistaken, was a touring guitarist for Moby.
Chris Shary

Return to daghouse