Lurker post.

Lurker post.

Postby william » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:20 am

Come out and say hi.
I just did.
william

Re: Lurker post.

Postby lewdd » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:21 am

do you have any active bands you are playing in?
lewdd

Postby william » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:02 am

Kind of - Still doing Singing Bridges on a small scale.
Do you want to be in a band?
william

Postby lewdd » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:55 am

william wrote:Kind of - Still doing Singing Bridges on a small scale.

Haha, I have no musical skills.
lewdd

Postby Mark T. » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi William. Great to hear Singing Bridges is still active.
Projeckt Daghouse:
PDIV - Thousand Days - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVX7w2iNIfw
Mark T.

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:58 pm

hi
xxxMidgexxx

Postby obik » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:02 pm

lewdd wrote:

Don't let that stop you.
and i cried
aloud to heaven
and i knelt
on all six legs
and vowed a vow
of vengeance
obik

Postby lewdd » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:16 pm

obik wrote:
lewdd wrote:

Don't let that stop you.

i tried the kazoo one time but couldnt figure out how to get it in tune
lewdd

Postby dave123 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi William. Stoked on all of your bands... 76%, CIA, Reflex from Pain, and Perfection of Desire.
dave123

Postby danny » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:19 am

obik wrote:
lewdd wrote:

Don't let that stop you.

never stopped me!
danny

Postby JGJR » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:14 am

dave123 wrote:Perfection of Desire.

You mean that brief time when you were in Shelter? Were they actually called that at one point?
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby dave123 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:07 pm

JGJR wrote:

You mean that brief time when you were in Shelter? Were they actually called that at one point?

No, I was half asleep and threw in the album title instead of the band name, but, yes, I am stoked on the Shelter album William plays on.
dave123

Postby gregpolard » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:30 pm

JGJR wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. I love Shelter up to 1995 or so. Hell, sometimes "Mantra" is actually my favorite!
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:08 pm

dave123 wrote:
JGJR wrote:

No, I was half asleep and threw in the album title instead of the band name, but, yes, I am stoked on the Shelter album William plays on.

Gotcha. I really like the "In Defense of Reality" 7", which I think is from that time period, too.
JGJR

Postby dave123 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:20 pm

JGJR wrote:
dave123 wrote:
JGJR wrote:

Gotcha. I really like the "In Defense of Reality" 7", which I think is from that time period, too.

That 7" is a little later and a different line up. Vic (Beyond, Inside Out) was on guitar at that point. I like that record a lot as well. Vic always added something special to every band he was in.
dave123

Postby JGJR » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:42 pm

dave123 wrote:That 7" is a little later and a different line up. Vic (Beyond, Inside Out) was on guitar at that point. I like that record a lot as well. Vic always added something special to every band he was in.

Truth. I really like the Inside Out 7" especially of all of his bands/records.
JGJR

Postby dave123 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:27 pm

JGJR wrote:
dave123 wrote:That 7" is a little later and a different line up. Vic (Beyond, Inside Out) was on guitar at that point. I like that record a lot as well. Vic always added something special to every band he was in.

Truth. I really like the Inside Out 7" especially of all of his bands/records.

I am with you on that. The Inside Out 7" is a stellar piece of perfection. I loved the Beyond LP and the early 108 records, but I am always blown away by how amazing the Inside Out 7" sounds. I just wonder how good an LP could have been. Vic remains one of the best live guitar players, so nuts yet so good at the same time.
dave123

Postby The Snake » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:50 am

Hey William!

I´m too fan of 76 % Uncertain, CIA, Reflex From Pain and the first Shelter.

I like some Shelter material including Mantra, everything after Mantra was never much interested for me.
Speaking of Shelter, I watched them in some village here in Croatia in 2001.
They put on a really good show and Ray seemed like a nice dude and they actually gave some of their share money to one band from Austria who also played.
The Snake

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:28 am

shelter was so hit and miss. i like the hc stuff better. vic is like the eddie van halen of hardcore and one of the most talented in the scene. he seems a little crazy and seems to have bouts of ego, but i enjoy his work. i try not to think about the what if's for inside out, but all of those unrecorded songs they did live were pretty good. 108 were one of the few hc bands that got back together because they wanted to play again and actually put out good records and toured a lot.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby gregpolard » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:15 am

yourenotevil wrote:shelter was so hit and miss. i like the hc stuff better. vic is like the eddie van halen of hardcore and one of the most talented in the scene. he seems a little crazy and seems to have bouts of ego, but i enjoy his work. i try not to think about the what if's for inside out, but all of those unrecorded songs they did live were pretty good. 108 were one of the few hc bands that got back together because they wanted to play again and actually put out good records and toured a lot.

I never heard the second 108 reunion album but I remember enjoying that first one that came out on Deathwish.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:03 am

dave123 wrote:I am with you on that. The Inside Out 7" is a stellar piece of perfection. I loved the Beyond LP and the early 108 records, but I am always blown away by how amazing the Inside Out 7" sounds. I just wonder how good an LP could have been. Vic remains one of the best live guitar players, so nuts yet so good at the same time.

No argument on any of that! I once saw 108 (opening for SNFU of all bands at City Gardens) destroy their equipment (or maybe it was Vic destroying his guitar) after his set, etc.
JGJR

Postby Gary » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:26 am

First Shelter lp and couple of ep's were great,after that,no thanks.

Beyond lp,and Inside Out 7" are both great,I seem to recall chanting putting me off the first 108 lp and then never bothering after that.
Gary

Postby dave123 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:16 pm

gregpolard wrote:I never heard the second 108 reunion album but I remember enjoying that first one that came out on Deathwish.

Check out the second, it's not quite as memorable as the first reunion record, but it's close. I wish I could have seen 108 during that initial reunion era, as they seemed to have reignited the early spark really well. Rob Fish is a great front man.

I only saw 108 one time backing up Shelter and I think World's Collide opened up. It was crazy. They played No Spiritual Surrender and my head nearly exploded. I have no idea how Vic can play as well as he does going off that hard. The whole evening was cool. Ray accidentally round housed some kid who got too close but everything was too crazy to stop. I remember there was a big kirtan before they played and tonnes of krishnas, young and old, were in attendance. I remember meeting Ray and Porcell that night and talking about going to India with them (never happened), they were both super cool. Shelter and 108 are still two of my favorite bands. The second to last Shelter record (the purpose the passion) was a surprising return to hardcore form.

Hopefully, William will chime back in with some good Shelter stories.
dave123

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:22 pm

i only saw 108 in their reunion stage as i think they had broken up by the time i started going to shows. i am not krshna, but you need to check out that band if you like vic's guitar playing. they have some great records.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Return to daghouse