how have COC been live lately?

how have COC been live lately?

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:38 am

i missed them the last two times they came to my town. once they were doing the power of the riff fest and it was free and my friend said the line was long and i would never get in, and the 2nd time they played some tattoo festival that was on the day of another show i went to. regret not seeing them. the videos seem to be varied. any thoughts?
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Re: how have COC been live lately?

Postby FormerLurker » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:58 am

Not nearly enough classic material in the set. It's still kinda cool to see the 3-piece lineup on stage, though.
FormerLurker

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:03 am

FormerLurker wrote:Not nearly enough classic material in the set. It's still kinda cool to see the 3-piece lineup on stage, though.

yeah, looks like for a hometown show they will bust out most of animosity. looks like they play 5 or 6 pre 87 songs at most now. should have seen them in 2010 or 2011, but i went back to the new album recently and i like it a lot more than the first time around. i guess you kind of have to dig the blind era though to be into it.
yourenotevil

Postby MXV » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:08 am

I've liked them the times I've seen them recently but I also love the metal. For the record I despised everything they did in the 90's with Pepper singing.

So the bottom line is if you are into the Animosity record and the new album then you won't be disappointed. If you are looking for that shitty stuff they did in the 90's or the hardcore stuff then you will be disappointed.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:21 am

MXV wrote:I've liked them the times I've seen them recently but I also love the metal. For the record I despised everything they did in the 90's with Pepper singing.

So the bottom line is if you are into the Animosity record and the new album then you won't be disappointed. If you are looking for that shitty stuff they did in the 90's or the hardcore stuff then you will be disappointed.

i liked deliverance. i guess they play one minute of vote with a bullet and dance of the dead, at least right now. i guess i consider animosity and technocracy classic hardcore records. i think the new album has some good songs, but at times the production seems a little too slick for them. i also didn't think the new ep they did for scion was that hot either, but it seemed kind of thrown together.
yourenotevil

Postby MXV » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:46 am

yourenotevil wrote:
MXV wrote:I've liked them the times I've seen them recently but I also love the metal. For the record I despised everything they did in the 90's with Pepper singing.

i liked deliverance. i guess they play one minute of vote with a bullet and dance of the dead, at least right now. i guess i consider animosity and technocracy classic hardcore records. i think the new album has some good songs, but at times the production seems a little too slick for them. i also didn't think the new ep they did for scion was that hot either, but it seemed kind of thrown together.

I haven't heard a new EP, didn't even know there was one! I'll have to check it out sometime.

At the time Animosity and Technocracy were considered more metal or actually "crossover" type records more than hardcore but I guess over time those lines have blurred, especially because that crossover sound is a lot more prevalent in a lot of modern hardcore. They are both good records and I liked them more than I liked their first album which to me was pretty standard fare hardcore and it wasn't something I played very often, especially more than a lot of other hardcore records I liked better.

Either way I believe you will find some enjoyment out of seeing them live so unless the ticket price is really high I think it's a safe gamble of your time and money.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:05 am

MXV wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

I haven't heard a new EP, didn't even know there was one! I'll have to check it out sometime.

At the time Animosity and Technocracy were considered more metal or actually "crossover" type records more than hardcore but I guess over time those lines have blurred, especially because that crossover sound is a lot more prevalent in a lot of modern hardcore. They are both good records and I liked them more than I liked their first album which to me was pretty standard fare hardcore and it wasn't something I played very often, especially more than a lot of other hardcore records I liked better.

Either way I believe you will find some enjoyment out of seeing them live so unless the ticket price is really high I think it's a safe gamble of your time and money.

http://www.scionav.com/collection/1266/ ... -Megalodon

it's a free download. i like the 2nd song, but it def pales in comparison to the last lp, but i haven't listened to it a lot.

yeah, i guess coc were always considered crossover. friends into metal would have at least technocracy or animosity, but they usually picked it up not knowing what it was and preferred the 90's stuff. those two records definitely have a metal edge, but i always did not consider them pure crossover for one reason or another. i guess they are kind of sloppy and have a definite lack of solos that you would find in other stuff like DRI, later suicidal, etc. i like the first record a lot, but i def prefer the mike era better.
yourenotevil

Return to daghouse