Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:31 pm

This record is really good. You can listen to it for free on Bandcamp.
Author. Adventurer. Bon vivant.
xxxHunterxxx
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:56 am

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby gregpolard » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:34 pm

Jade Tree put it out, too.

I dug what I heard of the 7".
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3528
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:43 pm

gregpolard wrote:Jade Tree put it out, too.

I dug what I heard of the 7".


You should check it out, Grelg. It seems like it would be right up your alley. I suspect JGJR would like it as well.
Author. Adventurer. Bon vivant.
xxxHunterxxx
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:56 am

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby gregpolard » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:44 pm

xxxHunterxxx wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Jade Tree put it out, too.

I dug what I heard of the 7".


You should check it out, Grelg. It seems like it would be right up your alley. I suspect JGJR would like it as well.


I'll be "that guy" and state too that Sharkey (the singer) is a long time friend of mine. I should.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3528
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby patient_ot » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:37 pm

Couldn't get into this band at all, mainly due to the vocals.
patient_ot
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:47 am

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:42 pm

patient_ot wrote:Couldn't get into this band at all, mainly due to the vocals.


I think the vocals are the best part. Diff'rent strokes . . . .
Author. Adventurer. Bon vivant.
xxxHunterxxx
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:56 am

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:32 pm

The more I listen, the more I like it. This has JGJR written all over it.
Author. Adventurer. Bon vivant.
xxxHunterxxx
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:56 am

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby dave123 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:15 pm

I just picked up the Jade Tree 7", but I haven't spun it yet. I am sure I am going to really like this band, and I am really stoked it is on Jade Tree.
dave123
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:14 pm

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby gregpolard » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:18 pm

Good call, xxxHxxx

I bought the mp3s.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3528
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby JGJR » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Thanks for the tip, guys. I do like this quite a bit so far. I hear a lot of Interpol/Paul Banks. I don't know why I slept on them as they're local and I even get e-mails from them when they were Puerto Rico Flowers, but I didn't make the connection as to who they are until I saw their FB page.
yourenotevil wrote:we've been wasting a lot of time on here then!
User avatar
JGJR
 
Posts: 6459
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:27 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:11 pm

At first it sounded like poorly written goth, but the guitars add something good to it.
User avatar
xxxMidgexxx
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby gregpolard » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:20 am

YO. I'm really into this.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3528
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 am

gregpolard wrote:YO. I'm really into this.


Me too. I just ordered the cd.
Author. Adventurer. Bon vivant.
xxxHunterxxx
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:56 am

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby gregpolard » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:02 am

xxxHunterxxx wrote:
gregpolard wrote:YO. I'm really into this.


Me too. I just ordered the cd.


I want the vinyl if I see it. The 7" is good too.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3528
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby JGJR » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:56 pm

2nd listen now. This may be a late addition to my favorites of the year if it continues to grow on me like it's doing now.
yourenotevil wrote:we've been wasting a lot of time on here then!
User avatar
JGJR
 
Posts: 6459
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:27 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby gregpolard » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:20 pm

JGJR wrote:2nd listen now. This may be a late addition to my favorites of the year if it continues to grow on me like it's doing now.


Same!
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3528
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:36 pm

gregpolard wrote:
JGJR wrote:2nd listen now. This may be a late addition to my favorites of the year if it continues to grow on me like it's doing now.


Same!


Don't forget, I discovered them.
Author. Adventurer. Bon vivant.
xxxHunterxxx
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:56 am

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby Jeremy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:00 pm

This is a great record. Been listening to it a ton over the past few weeks. They played in Philly the day after thanksgiving but I missed them. I'll hopefully catch them soon.
User avatar
Jeremy
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:16 pm

Jeremy wrote:This is a great record. Been listening to it a ton over the past few weeks. They played in Philly the day after thanksgiving but I missed them. I'll hopefully catch them soon.


You coming down for either of the shows this weekend?
Author. Adventurer. Bon vivant.
xxxHunterxxx
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:56 am

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby gregpolard » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:32 pm

xxxHunterxxx wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
JGJR wrote:2nd listen now. This may be a late addition to my favorites of the year if it continues to grow on me like it's doing now.


Same!


Don't forget, I discovered them.


Oh, I know. I know.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3528
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby gregpolard » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Ordered the vinyl bundle for $13 something.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3528
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby Jeremy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:52 pm

Hunter, I'll be there saturday. very excited. Lets catch up. Saw Peter the other day too.
User avatar
Jeremy
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby gregpolard » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:31 pm

Been listening to this album and the 7"s basically every day. Did your CD come yet, Hunter?

I got my vinyl last week.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3528
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:11 pm

gregpolard wrote:Been listening to this album and the 7"s basically every day. Did your CD come yet, Hunter?

I got my vinyl last week.


Yep. The songs are great. Packaging is nothing to write home about though the cover photo is cool.
Author. Adventurer. Bon vivant.
xxxHunterxxx
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:56 am

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby gregpolard » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:47 am

Popped this on for the first time in a couple months and still loving it. That is all.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3528
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby gregpolard » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:23 am

The new song is freaking great. I cannot stop listening to it.

I'm at work or else I'd link the YouTube clip. just search "Dark Blue - Never Wanted To Hurt You"

I preordered the LP
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3528
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby version sound » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:49 am

I like the music, but the vocals sound a bit too much like Interpol for my tastes.
Rave down
User avatar
version sound
 
Posts: 4933
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:08 am

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby gregpolard » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Album has been on steady rotation for the last couple weeks.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3528
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby JGJR » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:13 am

Greg was kind enough to send me his spare copy of their new one Start of the World and I received it in the mail yesterday. I'm a big fan. I ordered their first album, too, and have going through their whole catalog on bandcamp this morning. Highly recommended. I regret sleeping on this band until now.
yourenotevil wrote:we've been wasting a lot of time on here then!
User avatar
JGJR
 
Posts: 6459
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:27 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby gregpolard » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:40 am

JGJR wrote:Thanks for the tip, guys. I do like this quite a bit so far. I hear a lot of Interpol/Paul Banks. I don't know why I slept on them as they're local and I even get e-mails from them when they were Puerto Rico Flowers, but I didn't make the connection as to who they are until I saw their FB page.



You slept on them back then according to this, too :lol:
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
User avatar
gregpolard
 
Posts: 3528
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 am
Location: Ambler, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby JGJR » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:55 am

gregpolard wrote:
JGJR wrote:Thanks for the tip, guys. I do like this quite a bit so far. I hear a lot of Interpol/Paul Banks. I don't know why I slept on them as they're local and I even get e-mails from them when they were Puerto Rico Flowers, but I didn't make the connection as to who they are until I saw their FB page.



You slept on them back then according to this, too :lol:


I like sleeping. :D
yourenotevil wrote:we've been wasting a lot of time on here then!
User avatar
JGJR
 
Posts: 6459
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:27 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Dark Blue - Pure Reality

Postby MikeD » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:43 pm

THIS is my favorite song

MikeD
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:09 pm


Return to daghouse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FlexMyHead and 2 guests