Exploited Return

Exploited Return

Postby earthdog70 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:31 am

"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Re: Exploited Return

Postby dave123 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:07 am

I had no idea Wattie had a heart attack on stage. That is insane. Dead Cities is a rager of a tune. I don't ever want to see the Exploited, but I would love to hang out with Wattie for a day.
dave123

Postby captain2man » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:23 pm

dave123 wrote:I had no idea Wattie had a heart attack on stage. That is insane. Dead Cities is a rager of a tune. I don't ever want to see the Exploited, but I would love to hang out with Wattie for a day.

We opened up for the Exploited years ago (Fuck the System tour)....they were a hoot. Really, really cool guys.....including Wattie (who watched our entire set).

The Exploited kicked total ass. After the main part of their set was over, Wattie came down stairs to the band room and starting chatting with my singer (he only understood about every third word). The rest of the band were on stage and started Sex and Violence.....Wattie was almost oblivious to the fact that he had to go back on stage. My singer finally had to interrupt him and say, "uh....Wattie....I think you need to go back upstairs." Wattie stops, listens, and is like, "oh yeah - right mate".....and goes back on stage for the encore.
captain2man

Postby The Snake » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:36 am

Exploited ate the food that was for Black Flag on BF first UK tour, not nice thing to do. :D
The Snake

Postby dave123 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:50 am

The Snake wrote:Exploited ate the food that was for Black Flag on BF first UK tour, not nice thing to do. :D

Not nice, but very punk.
dave123

Postby MXV » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:02 am

I never liked them and always viewed them as the K-Tel of punk rock.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby The Snake » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:51 am

Seriously, Wattie´s advocating violence against the mod fans was just plain stupid. Rollins should kick his ass back in 81.
The Snake

Postby tango fistula » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:15 am

My old band played with them in 1988 and they were incoherent but friendly.

Apparently, the next gig they played was that infamous City Gardens show...where they stood up to a barrage of skinhead spit and hatred and gave no fucks or an inch of ground.

I enjoyed the pics of Wattie with two fingers up covered in spit staring down the knuckleheads and yowling "Fuck The USA" at them.

The skinheads dismantled the Exploited van and punched out all the tires of course but rest assured none of them wanted to fight Wattie one on one....
tango fistula

Postby lewdd » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:43 am

tango fistula wrote:My old band played with them in 1988 and they were incoherent but friendly.

Apparently, the next gig they played was that infamous City Gardens show...where they stood up to a barrage of skinhead spit and hatred and gave no fucks or an inch of ground.

I enjoyed the pics of Wattie with two fingers up covered in spit staring down the knuckleheads and yowling "Fuck The USA" at them.

The skinheads dismantled the Exploited van and punched out all the tires of course but rest assured none of them wanted to fight Wattie one on one....

I think I saw them around 1988 in Allentown and the skinheads sprayed mace in his eyes during a song. He finished the song and then headed off stage.
lewdd

Postby dave123 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:04 am

MXV wrote:I never liked them and always viewed them as the K-Tel of punk rock.

I had this exact viewpoint when I first heard "punks not dead" and "barmy army." That album has a definite goofiness to it. Then, I heard "dead cities", "lets start a war" and the whole Jesus is Dead ep and was converted (well at least to that era of the band). To me, "lets start a war" is similar to Hear Nothing era Discharge, raging full on.
dave123

Postby john stabb » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:22 am

He not only stole Black Flags food, and riled up the punks to attack the mods, but I was told by my friend/x-Half-Life, Mike Lavella, that Wattie cheats at Miniature golf. I don't think he's very punk.
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby dave123 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:45 pm

john stabb wrote:He not only stole Black Flags food, and riled up the punks to attack the mods, but I was told by my friend/x-Half-Life, Mike Lavella, that Wattie cheats at Miniature golf. I don't think he's very punk.

You are right, that's not very punk. Cheating at miniature golf would require an acknowledgement of the rules of mini-golf which would be hard to do if you "believe in anarchy", which Mr. Wattie claims to do. Where is the "chaos" in that. He should have burned that put-put facility to the ground and started a riot (which he is capable of... just ask the fine punks of Montreal). Helping himself to Mr. Rollin's food though fits nicely with Mr. Wattie's so called anarchist beliefs.
dave123

Postby lewdd » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:56 pm

Looking forward to what they have to offer.
lewdd

Postby 77clash » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Heard "Crashed Out" on Marky Ramone's Blitzkrieg today
77clash

Return to daghouse