Dr. Strange

Dr. Strange

Postby Janelle » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:20 pm

I was just looking for inspiration in interviews I've done with other labels cos I have to interview head of Relapse like in a half-hour and came across this one and it was just fun to do and we talked about so many great bands he put out. A link, if anyone's interested:

http://newnoisemagazine.com/label-spotl ... e-records/
When your number's up be what you are
Janelle

Re: Dr. Strange

Postby MXV » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:31 am

I've been friends with Bill Strange for years and he's one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Good interview!
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby john stabb » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:46 am

Even though we've never met in person - Bill's a sweetheart and prince of a guy :!: I truly hope that Dr. Strange gets itself out of the "too many distributors up & folding" rut so GI and the label begin to recoup. Tom Lyle and I have faith in Bill & the label so we've stuck by their side.
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby The Snake » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Cool interview!
I am fan of some Dr. strange bands and records like The Bollweevils or Gameface - Three To Get Ready which is one of my favorite pop punk albums. I have some of these stuff on original tapes and CDs. Also some cool re-releases from Dr. Strange. GI for example.
The Snake

Postby The Snake » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:29 pm

Oh crap, I forgot about great Brown Lobster Tank (later The Tank) and Mandingo, love that pop punk era!
The Snake

Postby Neal » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:00 pm

i miss 90's dr. strange. sinkhole is one of my faves. i used to mailorder out of his huge catalog once every couple months in the mid 90's. and my friend (the only person who pretty much shares my exact same taste in pop punk) and i happened to coincide in l.a. at the same time about 10 years ago and made it a priority to visit the store.
Neal

Postby lewdd » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:23 pm

I visited the store a few times back in 2000 or so when I lived in Chula Vista. Cool place. Glad he is still in business. I bought an Ill Repute "Omellete" LP from him.
lewdd

Postby Janelle » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:11 pm

The Snake wrote:Cool interview!
I am fan of some Dr. strange bands and records like The Bollweevils or Gameface - Three To Get Ready which is one of my favorite pop punk albums. I have some of these stuff on original tapes and CDs. Also some cool re-releases from Dr. Strange. GI for example.

Thanks! :)

Oh and John Stabb note when he mentions The Freeze,... then GI retrospective, I'm like, "Oh. I have that " haha!!

I still love the Cheifs. "Are you kidding me?!!!!!" Then he was like, do you want me to send you stuff? I already had a Dr. Strange t-shirt from like the '90s when one thing I ordered wasn't in so they sent that but he sent me another one after this and the Cheifs on vinyl!!!!!!!!! (I only had the thing from Clash77's CD) and he sent me the newer Threats CD, though I had that so I gave it to Matt.
Janelle

Postby Janelle » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Oh, and for what this post was kind of about too, Relapse, that interview went well. The owner was a really nice dude and fun talking to him.
Janelle

Postby The Snake » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:04 am

Janelle, cool that Dr. send you all that stuff.
Most of the Dr. Strange records that I have, I bought direct from some Polish distros on some festivals or tours.
The Snake

Postby version sound » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:04 am

Janelle wrote:Oh, and for what this post was kind of about too, Relapse, that interview went well. The owner was a really nice dude and fun talking to him.

There used to be a Relapse store in Philly. The dudes who worked there were always nice. Don't know if the owner was one of them or not.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Return to daghouse