lewdd

Re: Direction Reaction Creation

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:04 pm

Do you like the Jam?
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby lewdd » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:09 pm

I like their earlier recordings, but haven't given their latter material much of a listen.
lewdd

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:17 pm

The box set will give you all the studio albums and all the singles, which is great because a lot of the Jam's best songs weren't on any of their Lps. I'd buy the box set in a heartbeat but the Jam are my favorite band.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby JGJR » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:24 pm

I own their 3 best albums (All Mod Cons, Setting Sons, Sound Affects) in multiple formats (including an expanded version of Setting Sons), the 1st 2 on vinyl as well as Extras and Snap! (and Dig the New Breed, too, along with some other odds and ends) so I don't really feel like I need it though I love them.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby patient_ot » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:40 pm

It is absolutely worth getting. It doesn't have everything, but damn near. You can probably snag it for around $40 and you get a ton of great material in there. Seriously, out all the songs on there, maybe there are 3-4 weak ones. The Jam were that good. The boxset was my intro to them maybe 4-5 years ago and I wondered, "why did I wait so long to get into this band?" Since then I've picked up old pressings of some of their albums on vinyl...I even have a UK 1st press of In the City on the way. I will probably pick up the vinyl boxset as well at some point. There are even super deluxe editions of some of the individual albums coming out on CD, but they're really expensive.

In other words - GET IT!
patient_ot

Return to daghouse