Daghouse Nog Dogs

Daghouse Nog Dogs

Postby version sound » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:31 am

You noggin' this season? I put nog in my coffee this morning. Not as great as you might think.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Re: Daghouse Nog Dogs

Postby gregpolard » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:21 am

I love Silk Nog.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby version sound » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:58 am

I had a fancy pants almond milk nog last year that was excellent, but as a non-vegan I can't really justify the price on a regular basis, so I'm making do with 365 brand nog.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby scannest » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:04 pm

Nog is acceptable as a booze delivery device. Without the booze it's pointless and kinda gross.

This one, however, is one of my favorite novels of all-time:

"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby yourenotevil » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:11 pm

egg nog? nope
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby version sound » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Not rules. You guys are weird.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Nog, fattening.

Plus boring since I don't drink anymore.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby JGJR » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:56 am

version sound wrote:You noggin' this season? I put nog in my coffee this morning. Not as great as you might think.

Eww. Half and half only for me and if it ain't available, whole milk.

But yes, I nog. Anyway the best nog we ever had was from this place in central PA called Hail's Family Farms that used to come to the Clark Park Farmers Market in West Philly (the one by our old place). The guy said that his neighbor made it, but then stopped and I have no idea why. To this day, I have never tasted any nog as good. It was incredible. Most commercially-produced (and even small-batch) nog has a medicinal flavor that I really can't stand, but this was different and much better. Unfortunately, it hasn't been made for years.

After YEARS of trying to find a suitable replacement around this time of year, my wife came upon some nog at Whole Foods a few weeks ago that's almost as good and we had it recently. I forget the brand name, but when I find out, I will share!
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:56 am

gregpolard wrote:I love Silk Nog.

I'm afraid of this, but kind of curious.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:57 am

scannest wrote:Nog is acceptable as a booze delivery device. Without the booze it's pointless and kinda gross.

That's because 99% of the nog has that medicinal aftertaste. If you're combining it with booze, I guess that doesn't matter nearly as much.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:30 am

I've never drank, so I don't know what it tastes like combined w/ alcohol but I love the taste of nog.

Midge, Silk Nog is great and wayyyyy less fattening if you are in the mood.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby version sound » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:02 pm

JGJR wrote:
scannest wrote:Nog is acceptable as a booze delivery device. Without the booze it's pointless and kinda gross.

That's because 99% of the nog has that medicinal aftertaste. If you're combining it with booze, I guess that doesn't matter nearly as much.

You got bad nog. I've never had any with a medicinal aftertaste.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:15 pm

Update: I'm about to pick up some more nog! Hopefully, I can find the stuff we had before that neither of us remember the brand name of.
JGJR

Postby jaybird » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:40 pm

JGJR wrote:

These men speak truths.
jaybird

Postby johnnotkathi » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:34 am

love nog.....Southern Comfort makes a nice version you can get at a lot of grocery stores. For me - no booze needed. Its just good!!
johnnotkathi

Postby dave123 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:00 am

JGJR wrote:Update: I'm about to pick up some more nog! Hopefully, I can find the stuff we had before that neither of us remember the brand name of.

I hope you guys can remember/find the nog you found at Whole Foods. We got some there the other day, and it was far from good. I want to like the nog. I tried the 365 brand and was not stoked.
dave123

Postby JGJR » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:47 pm

dave123 wrote:
JGJR wrote:Update: I'm about to pick up some more nog! Hopefully, I can find the stuff we had before that neither of us remember the brand name of.

I hope you guys can remember/find the nog you found at Whole Foods. We got some there the other day, and it was far from good. I want to like the nog. I tried the 365 brand and was not stoked.

I posted it yesterday, yet my post seems to have completely disappeared (same with one in another thread). It's called Traderspoint Creamery. I'm almost done with the container! It might be the best nog I've ever had aside from the other stuff I mentioned earlier that's not being made anymore.

JGJR

Postby dave123 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:53 pm

JGJR wrote:
dave123 wrote:

I posted it yesterday, yet my post seems to have completely disappeared (same with one in another thread). It's called Traderspoint Creamery. I'm almost done with the container! It might be the best nog I've ever had aside from the other stuff I mentioned earlier that's not being made anymore.

Awesome. Thanks for posting (twice). Hopefully, the Whole Foods down here carries it.
dave123

Postby JGJR » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:25 pm

Good luck, Dave, and let me know what you think of it if they have it!
JGJR

Postby johnnotkathi » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:14 pm

people not liking egg nog is irritating..... :evil:
johnnotkathi

Postby dave123 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:52 pm

JGJR wrote:Good luck, Dave, and let me know what you think of it if they have it!

Nog Update - stopped by Wholefoods last night. Very low selection of nog in general, which was surprisin. I asked the guy about the nog you recommended, and he confirmed your assessment that the stuff is amazing. Unfortunately, he said they only got a small batch of it, and it sold out weeks ago. Oh, well. There is always next year.
dave123

Postby Mark T. » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:15 pm

Yes, I like me some SNOG, especially this one:

Projeckt Daghouse:
PDIV - Thousand Days - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVX7w2iNIfw
Mark T.

Postby JGJR » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:13 am

dave123 wrote:
JGJR wrote:Good luck, Dave, and let me know what you think of it if they have it!

Nog Update - stopped by Wholefoods last night. Very low selection of nog in general, which was surprisin. I asked the guy about the nog you recommended, and he confirmed your assessment that the stuff is amazing. Unfortunately, he said they only got a small batch of it, and it sold out weeks ago. Oh, well. There is always next year.

I have a similar update, unfortunately. We went shopping there a few days ago and I didn't see any on the shelf. I feel really lucky that we got several containers of it before. And yeah, the nog selection in general was pretty limited. Here is their site.

http://www.tpforganics.com/products/our-eggnog/
JGJR

Postby version sound » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:17 pm

JGJR wrote:
dave123 wrote:

I have a similar update, unfortunately. We went shopping there a few days ago and I didn't see any on the shelf. I feel really lucky that we got several containers of it before. And yeah, the nog selection in general was pretty limited. Here is their site.

No need to resort to fancy nogs. 365 nog is quite good.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:51 pm

version sound wrote:
JGJR wrote:
dave123 wrote:

No need to resort to fancy nogs. 365 nog is quite good.

Sorry, but like I said, most nogs just don't do it for me because they taste too medicinal. If you can get past that, fine (kinda wish I could) but for me I will always compare it to Hail's or Traderspoint or anything else that passes muster. It's pointless otherwise, at least for me. That stuff is quite caloric, so I only want to bust it out on special occasions anyway (and it's seasonal).
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:52 pm

With all that said, I'm not sure if I've ever had the straight-up 365 stuff, but I would be curious to try it. I've had lots of others and most of them are meh at best.
JGJR

Postby dave123 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:03 pm

I tried the 365 stuff a few weeks ago, and I couldn't do it. The dude at WH did say the nog you recommended is heads above anything else they have and, as a result, is why they sold out right away.
dave123

Postby johnnotkathi » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Try the Southern Comfort version.....regular, not vanilla.....
johnnotkathi

Postby version sound » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:50 pm

Nog snobs, weezil was right.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby dave123 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:12 pm

version sound wrote:Nog snobs, weezil was right.

I might be a nog snob or I may hate all nog equally. I will have to wait and see.
dave123

Postby JGJR » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:00 pm

dave123 wrote:I tried the 365 stuff a few weeks ago, and I couldn't do it. The dude at WH did say the nog you recommended is heads above anything else they have and, as a result, is why they sold out right away.

He knows his nog. The dude at my WF (though he was super nice enough to give it to me FOR FREE after they couldn't locate the price after he overcharged me several dollars for it and I brought it up) didn't seem to know what it was.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:01 pm

version sound wrote:Nog snobs, weezil was right.

It's not snobbishness. Seriously. There are some (OK many) foods for which I'll happily eat just OK versions and they're still good to me, but I just don't like most nog for reasons I outlined earlier.
JGJR

Postby version sound » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:51 pm

You haven't even tasted 365 nog.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:57 pm

version sound wrote:You haven't even tasted 365 nog.

And I admitted as much. As I said before, I'm curious to try it. I've tasted a lot of other lesser nogs, though, so it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.
JGJR

Postby version sound » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Why do you assume it's lesser? Just because it's not ridiculously expensive? It's a quality nog.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:32 pm

version sound wrote:Why do you assume it's lesser? Just because it's not ridiculously expensive? It's a quality nog.

Because I have had only 2 nogs ever that I have really enjoyed. I hope I'm wrong, of course, if I end up getting it.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:32 pm

#nogsnob
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:16 pm

gregpolard wrote:#nogsnob

I'll wear it proudly! :lol:
JGJR

Postby jason powell » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Nog in coffee is grosser than the idea sounds. But its a treat I'll get this time of year.

Im a little upset though because two years ago I discovered Sugar Cookie eggnog and no one is carrying it this year.
jason powell

Postby johnnotkathi » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:31 am

Had some Turkey Hill nog last night....not the best but not bad!! ;)
johnnotkathi

Return to daghouse