"New" Raygun video

"New" Raygun video

Postby earthdog70 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:16 am

Recently posted, from 1991:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrBl5WJHS9w

Interesting comments by the uploader, that songs credited to Camilo Gonzalez were edited out. Anyone know the backstory-was there a falling out :?:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Re: "New" Raygun video

Postby MXV » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:02 pm

Camilo has been a whiny bitch lately and getting things taken down for songs he wrote when he was in the band that HE LEFT! He says they have been ripping him off and he never gets royalties for them.

He isnt' getting them because he never registered said songs with whoever you need to in order to get your publishing royalties. I forget the exact details as they were told to me second hand but the short of it is that he is the reason he doesn't get paid and he's jealous that the band HE LEFT continues and is enjoying small success without him.

To sum it up - petty jealousy because nothing he did after that ever was as popular as Naked Raygun.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:30 pm

MXV wrote:Camilo has been a whiny bitch lately and getting things taken down for songs he wrote when he was in the band that HE LEFT! He says they have been ripping him off and he never gets royalties for them.

He isnt' getting them because he never registered said songs with whoever you need to in order to get your publishing royalties. I forget the exact details as they were told to me second hand but the short of it is that he is the reason he doesn't get paid and he's jealous that the band HE LEFT continues and is enjoying small success without him.

To sum it up - petty jealousy because nothing he did after that ever was as popular as Naked Raygun.

Registered or not, the songs that he wrote are copyrighted works. It surprises me that you would criticize him for refusing to allow others to post his creations online without his permission.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby gregpolard » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:40 pm

Welcome back, Hunter. 10/10
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby obik » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:48 pm

He just can't quit you, Greg.
and i cried
aloud to heaven
and i knelt
on all six legs
and vowed a vow
of vengeance
obik

Postby lewdd » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:10 pm

interesting considering a few years ago he played with the band at the Oz Reunion show
lewdd

Postby obik » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:27 pm

lewdd wrote:interesting considering a few years ago he played with the band at the Oz Reunion show

Napalm Death, Oi Polloi, Youth Brigade, Julie Ocean, and now Naked Raygun. There's no end to Hunter's talents.
and i cried
aloud to heaven
and i knelt
on all six legs
and vowed a vow
of vengeance
obik

Postby JGJR » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:13 pm

gregpolard wrote:Welcome back, Hunter. 10/10

Perfect.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:14 pm

obik wrote:
lewdd wrote:interesting considering a few years ago he played with the band at the Oz Reunion show

Napalm Death, Oi Polloi, Youth Brigade, Julie Ocean, and now Naked Raygun. There's no end to Hunter's talents.

You forgot Dag Nasty!
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Return to daghouse