Nebraska

Nebraska

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Anyone see this film?

I thought it was depressing for the most part.
xxxMidgexxx

Re: Nebraska

Postby lewdd » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:17 pm

Great football team in the 80s. Turner Gill and Jarvis Redwine were my favorite players. I saw a game in Lincoln back in the early 90s.
lewdd

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:21 pm

i thought it was good, not great. i didn't think the dude from SNL was anything special and everyone was really going apeshit about his performance. it was cool to see bruce dern get a good part after years of doing shit.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby lewdd » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:46 pm

Is this about the Springsteen LP?
lewdd

Postby john stabb » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:27 am

On my Netflix list but Dern was awesome in BIG LOVE recently, yne 8-) :evil:
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby yourenotevil » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:33 am

john stabb wrote:On my Netflix list but Dern was awesome in BIG LOVE recently, yne 8-) :evil:

i am sure there are some things i overlooked, but in general he fell off hard after the 70s like peter fonda, although they both had the academy nomination comeback and semi return to better parts.
yourenotevil

Postby JGJR » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:54 am

lewdd wrote:Is this about the Springsteen LP?

That was my first thought, too!
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:44 pm

JGJR wrote:
lewdd wrote:Is this about the Springsteen LP?

That was my first thought, too!

:roll:

Have you guys, in the 10 + years of posting on this board ever known me to like Bruce Springsteen?
xxxMidgexxx

Postby lewdd » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:47 pm

remember that time when you were in a band with scanny and you did a cover of bruce covering the who?
lewdd

Postby scannest » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:47 am

lewdd wrote:remember that time when you were in a band with scanny and you did a cover of bruce covering the who?

I would happily own up to this lewdd, but I have no idea what you are talking about.
For the record, the covers I've done with Midge are Cheap Trick, Monsula, Iron Maiden, and Napalm Death.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby 77clash » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:00 am

scannest wrote:
lewdd wrote:remember that time when you were in a band with scanny and you did a cover of bruce covering the who?

I would happily own up to this lewdd, but I have no idea what you are talking about.
For the record, the covers I've done with Midge are Cheap Trick, Monsula, Iron Maiden, and Napalm Death.

Maybe it was a dream of mine. ;) You guys should get the band back together and do a new cover for a single on multiple versions of colored vinyl.
77clash

Postby scannest » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:48 am

77clash wrote:You guys should get the band back together and do a new cover for a single on multiple versions of colored vinyl.

If you're talking Sleeper/Serpico, they are back together. I am not involved, however. And for good reason.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby 77clash » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:03 pm

scannest wrote:
77clash wrote:You guys should get the band back together and do a new cover for a single on multiple versions of colored vinyl.

If you're talking Sleeper/Serpico, they are back together. I am not involved, however. And for good reason.

Blues Brothers joke
77clash

Postby john stabb » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:52 am

I finally saw NEBRASKA the other night. Very quiet and subtle acting by Bruce Dern, Will Forte, and others but June Squibb steals the entire thing as Dern's old, outspoken, no-bullshit, ballsy wife! One of the funniest performances I've seen a character actor knock out in ages. :lol: Not a great movie but really good. June Squibb seriously kicks butt and should've won last an Oscar but that whole awards ceremony has been a sad joke for a while now. :x
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby JGJR » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:21 am

john stabb wrote:I finally saw NEBRASKA the other night. Very quiet and subtle acting by Bruce Dern, Will Forte, and others but June Squibb steals the entire thing as Dern's old, outspoken, no-bullshit, ballsy wife! One of the funniest performances I've seen a character actor knock out in ages. :lol: Not a great movie but really good. June Squibb seriously kicks butt and should've won last an Oscar but that whole awards ceremony has been a sad joke for a while now. :x

I finally added this one to my Netflix queue. I can't wait to see it. Big fan of Alexander Payne's stuff.
JGJR

Postby drew » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:28 pm

JGJR wrote:
john stabb wrote:I finally saw NEBRASKA the other night. Very quiet and subtle acting by Bruce Dern, Will Forte, and others but June Squibb steals the entire thing as Dern's old, outspoken, no-bullshit, ballsy wife! One of the funniest performances I've seen a character actor knock out in ages. :lol: Not a great movie but really good. June Squibb seriously kicks butt and should've won last an Oscar but that whole awards ceremony has been a sad joke for a while now. :x

I finally added this one to my Netflix queue. I can't wait to see it. Big fan of Alexander Payne's stuff.

He did "About schmidt" right? that movie was so bad I wanted to throw my beer thru the screen.
drew

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:40 pm

drew wrote:
JGJR wrote:

He did "About schmidt" right? that movie was so bad I wanted to throw my beer thru the screen.

yeah, he did. he has had an erratic career. definitely did good things in election and sideways, but i found the descendants to be pretty boring, aside from the breakout performance of shaileene woodley.
yourenotevil

Postby JGJR » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:24 pm

yourenotevil wrote:
drew wrote:
JGJR wrote:

yeah, he did. he has had an erratic career. definitely did good things in election and sideways, but i found the descendants to be pretty boring, aside from the breakout performance of shaileene woodley.

I thought it was great.
JGJR

Return to daghouse