The Damned Colored Vinyl Re-Issues

The Damned Colored Vinyl Re-Issues

Postby 77clash » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:08 pm

I want to publicly thank mxv for spending my retirement money by posting these great reviews about The Damned re-issues.

http://www.punkvinyl.com/2014/11/13/the ... l-reissue/
#446/500

http://www.punkvinyl.com/2014/11/05/the ... l-reissue/
#978/1000

I will post links to his articles and not copies of his photos ;)

My package was sitting at my door in the below zero wind chills when I got home tonite. I need to hold these pieces of plastic close to get them warm before I play them.
77clash

Re: The Damned Colored Vinyl Re-Issues

Postby MXV » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:31 am

I was glad I could help :)
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby JGJR » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Thanks for the reviews, mxv. I'm so tempted to get these even though I own MGE on cassette (the Emergo/Roadrunner version; it didn't come out on vinyl here, mxv?) and a remastered CD from the late '00s which honestly doesn't sound that great and I also have an original UK version of The Black Album on vinyl and a remastered CD from the late '00s. I love both of these albums (your reviews are spot-on, mxv). I was impressed with Drastic Plastic's reissue of The Gun Club's The Las Vegas Story (just played it the other night, actually), but don't have any of their other reissues as of yet.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby patient_ot » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:40 pm

I have a few Drastic reissues, maybe 3-4? They're good, but the prices have been creeping up and I can't justify it for stuff I already own on CD. The last batch are priced at $26.99 each at local shops. For that kind of money I'm expecting audiophile grade mastering from the original tapes, which doesn't happen with Drastic AFAIK.
patient_ot

Postby john stabb » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:53 am

Great review of Black Album, MXV. Still I'm sad ... that I don't have the OG or could afford the Re-Issue of my 2nd favorite (Strawberries is it!) DAMNED album.

Saw the Thunders doc at a screening in a DC theater and really wasn't thrilled about it. The filmmakers other one on The Clash was so much better. That one really got in-depth about how much of a mistake it was to carry on the name with new line-up and very heartfelt some of the new players felt about it. Found the Johnny footage was stuff that's been floating around for years so nothing new or exciting and surprised they didn't have any x-Dolls interviewed but Sylvain. They couldn't get Johansen to talk on film :?: Or Wayne Kramer of Gang War :?: Sure Arthur & Jerry died but c'mon. Also the part about Johnny's ex claiming to be roughed up by him for a welfare check. :? Thunders could barely stand up all junked out so how could he push her around :?: Overall, very disappointing to me. Left a lot to be desired walking out of the screening. The small gathering who showed up really didn't feel like sticking around to being part of the Q & A so the filmmaker seemed bummed and left for drinks. I guess like latter f'd up half-performances of Thunders, it was kind of a drag. :cry:
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby JGJR » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:51 am

john stabb wrote:Great review of Black Album, MXV. Still I'm sad ... that I don't have the OG or could afford the Re-Issue of my 2nd favorite (Strawberries is it!) DAMNED album.

Saw the Thunders doc at a screening in a DC theater and really wasn't thrilled about it. The filmmakers other one on The Clash was so much better. That one really got in-depth about how much of a mistake it was to carry on the name with new line-up and very heartfelt some of the new players felt about it. Found the Johnny footage was stuff that's been floating around for years so nothing new or exciting and surprised they didn't have any x-Dolls interviewed but Sylvain. They couldn't get Johansen to talk on film :?: Or Wayne Kramer of Gang War :?: Sure Arthur & Jerry died but c'mon. Also the part about Johnny's ex claiming to be roughed up by him for a welfare check. :? Thunders could barely stand up all junked out so how could he push her around :?: Overall, very disappointing to me. Left a lot to be desired walking out of the screening. The small gathering who showed up really didn't feel like sticking around to being part of the Q & A so the filmmaker seemed bummed and left for drinks. I guess like latter f'd up half-performances of Thunders, it was kind of a drag. :cry:

Did they talk to Waldo?
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby john stabb » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:17 pm

I think they did but just couldn't get over the thing being so dull.
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Return to daghouse