Anyone read Al Jourgensen's book out there?

Anyone read Al Jourgensen's book out there?

Postby john stabb » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:48 pm

My ELLAYpunkrocksoulbrother, Tim posted this on the dark side aka Facebook about this new book that sounds like it may be ghost written by Steve Blush. So much mis-information, typos, etc.. :roll: ---

I just finished a book on the band Ministry called..."Ministry - The Lost Gospels To Al Jourgensen" By Al Jourgensen with Jon Wiederhorn. Some fan boy who helped write it. Man, I don't know if Al is full of shit??? Or just can't remember anything after the massive drugs the dude has taken? First off...There are many typos and the chain of events are not correct or are all over the place! Here are examples... 1. Ian Curtis the singer from Joy Division didn't kill himself in 1978! He did in 1980! JD changed their name from Warsaw to JD in that year though.
2. He talks about the punk rock scene at the beginning in Colorado and how he was there with Jello Biafra, and the Wax Traxx record owners before they moved to Chicago. For one thing there were no mohawks until 1980. And people were pogoing not slamming back then.
3. The song "Voices Carry" by the Boston band Till Tuesday from the 80's is supposedly about him and Aimee Mann's "let's do it in the bushes after jogging" relationship? Ok...I need to look into that one Al! LOL!
4.And when he did Pailhead with Ian MacKaye from Minor Threat and Fugazi frontman he got him all drunk on some cheap beer, which probably was malt liquor??? Because Ian knew how fucked up they were and wanted to hang with them? Say what? HA!
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Re: Anyone read Al Jourgensen's book out there?

Postby The Snake » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:55 am

It seems that this Al is full of it.
Especially that part with Ian cracks me up.
The Snake

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:39 am

i wish that part with ian was true. ian and al buying some malt liquor at the corner store and recording
those six songs all drunk.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby earthdog70 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:48 am

Almost all the songs on that 'Til Tuesday record were about Aimee's relationship with Jules Shear ("J is for Jules"). Maybe they were having that "jogging" relationship instead :lol:

On music related books, just finished a book on The Doors by Greil Marcus that was pretty cool. Next up-John Taylor's book. All FREE from the library :!:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby MXV » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:12 am

I'd like to read it even though I know it is full of errors, fiction, and revisionist history.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby JGJR » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:29 am

earthdog70 wrote:Almost all the songs on that 'Til Tuesday record were about Aimee's relationship with Jules Shear ("J is for Jules"). Maybe they were having that "jogging" relationship instead :lol:

On music related books, just finished a book on The Doors by Greil Marcus that was pretty cool. Next up-John Taylor's book. All FREE from the library :!:

That song is on Everything's Different Now, the 3rd and final Til Tuesday album and that was 4 years after "Voices Carry." Are you saying that she and Jules had been dating for that long?

I've also been checking out a lot of music bios from the library lately. I read the Alex Chilton biography, Morrissey's autobiography and one other I can't remember right now recently. I actually had Jourgensen's autobiography in my possession for weeks, but didn't have a chance to read it. I'd like to, though.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby earthdog70 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Oops-may have gotten my records mixed up. Thanks JGJR, I have no idea how long they dated :oops:
earthdog70

Postby JGJR » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:15 pm

earthdog70 wrote:Oops-may have gotten my records mixed up. Thanks JGJR, I have no idea how long they dated :oops:

I don't either or I forgot, truthfully, but my impression is that it was closer to when Everything's Different Now came out and it was shorter-lived than 4 years.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby john stabb » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:49 am

e-dog, is there a spicy chapter in Taylor's bio about "bad hair days". Or Semen LeBone breaking a nail :lol: Hey, I dig old DD but I can't see that book being very interesting.
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby earthdog70 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:05 am

Andy Taylor's book was pretty interesting. I really only like DD if he is involved.

I will let you know if there are some cool JT stories about Power Station once I dig in :!:
earthdog70

Return to daghouse