New Joykiller album

New Joykiller album

Postby The Snake » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:59 am

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Joyk ... 3167436166

If anyone cares, new Joykiller is on the way!
The Snake

Re: New Joykiller album

Postby earthdog70 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:45 am

Waiting for my download-YEAH 8-)
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby captain2man » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:36 am

The three Joykiller records that came out in '90s are three incredibly underrated records - I love each & every one of them.

Really looking forward to this.
captain2man

Postby The Snake » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:53 am

captain2man wrote:The three Joykiller records that came out in '90s are three incredibly underrated records - I love each & every one of them.

Me too!

I still don´t have those tracks from Ready, Sexed, Go compilation.
The Snake

Postby captain2man » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:13 pm

The Snake wrote:
captain2man wrote:The three Joykiller records that came out in '90s are three incredibly underrated records - I love each & every one of them.

Me too!

I never listened to them a tremendous amount - but I do have that comp - and felt that those songs were not on par with the rest of the catalog.

With that said, "Three" took a few listens to really sink in, and I never gave those songs the same chance.

I also think (not 100% sure on this) that some of those songs weren't really meant to be Joykiller songs. At some point in the '90s, aside from Joykiller, Jack had his hands in a few different things. I know there was a band called The Go (not the same band from Detroit who put out a record on Subpop)...and maybe another project too....nothing that ever got off the ground - and some of those songs may have been written for those projects, but ended up getting recorded as Joykiller songs instead.
captain2man

Postby The Snake » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:23 pm

captain2man wrote:
The Snake wrote:

Me too!

I never listened to them a tremendous amount - but I do have that comp - and felt that those songs were not on par with the rest of the catalog.

With that said, "Three" took a few listens to really sink in, and I never gave those songs the same chance.

I also think (not 100% sure on this) that some of those songs weren't really meant to be Joykiller songs. At some point in the '90s, aside from Joykiller, Jack had his hands in a few different things. I know there was a band called The Go (not the same band from Detroit who put out a record on Subpop)...and maybe another project too....nothing that ever got off the ground - and some of those songs may have been written for those projects, but ended up getting recorded as Joykiller songs instead.

Actually, I have 3 songs from those bonus tracks from comp and I also heard that those songs were meant to be for some other project of Jack. The song Someone To Love is cool, other two are OK, don´t know how the rest sounds.
But all 3 records are great in my opinion. "Three" is kind of different than the first two but also a great record.
The Snake

Return to daghouse