Grohlhouse.com

Grohlhouse.com

Postby earthdog70 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:12 pm

Ok-let's get down to brass tacks and realize the site name needs to be changed. There's nothing else really going on other than Sir Grohl's activities in music. :bag:

I will start with some topics once the name change goes thru:

Who's going to the Concert for Valor in D.C. next week:Grohl, The Boss and Metallica (in order of importance).
11/11:

http://www.theconcertforvalor.com/

Busy that holiday? Don't worry-mark your calendars now for July 4th 2015:

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=814782

Foo Fighters, Joan Jett and LL Cool J (in order of importance).

Can't wait to see everyone on the new board, where it will be all GROHL, all the time :lol:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Re: Grohlhouse.com

Postby john stabb » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:27 am

Yu said it, brother. :roll: I just read the ad in WCP for the Rock & Grohl show on the 4th @ RFK w/ blues musicians, Buddy Guy, Gary Clark Jr. & Trombone Shorty (anyone else sense that U2 trying to jam w/ B.B. King moment from Rattle my Bum?), Joan Jett (fresh from getting her Punk clothing line into Hot Topic :o ), Heart (Dreamboat Davie or Bara-FOO-da?), LL Cool J (taking time off from bad action vehicles - Mama said knock Foo out) & Trouble Funk (watch Dave attempt the infamous "pocket beat"-ha!)

I had no idea he was playing a concert with Bruce (perhaps another jam of "London Calling" w/ Dave) + Metallica (Enter Grohlman-baby :!: )

Are you making yr way back to Chocolate City to see these, e-dog :?: Love to hang with you but going nowhere near these events.
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby lewdd » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:02 pm

john stabb wrote:Yu said it, brother. :roll: I just read the ad in WCP for the Rock & Grohl show on the 4th @ RFK w/ blues musicians, Buddy Guy, Gary Clark Jr. & Trombone Shorty (anyone else sense that U2 trying to jam w/ B.B. King moment from Rattle my Bum?), Joan Jett (fresh from getting her Punk clothing line into Hot Topic :o ), Heart (Dreamboat Davie or Bara-FOO-da?), LL Cool J (taking time off from bad action vehicles - Mama said knock Foo out) & Trouble Funk (watch Dave attempt the infamous "pocket beat"-ha!)

I had no idea he was playing a concert with Bruce (perhaps another jam of "London Calling" w/ Dave) + Metallica (Enter Grohlman-baby :!: )

Are you making yr way back to Chocolate City to see these, e-dog :?: Love to hang with you but going nowhere near these events.

Buddy Guy rocks!
lewdd

Postby Welly » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:56 pm

Fuck it.
Last edited by Welly on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welly

Postby lewdd » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:09 pm

well he did play in a punk rock band
lewdd

Postby Gary » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:23 pm

Welly wrote:So, has anyone seen any of these Sonic Highways documentaries?

I've watched the Chicago, DC and Austin so far and there's a lot of punk rock in there.

Only saw the first two. Considering who most of the audience will likely be,I thought they were decent.
Gary

Postby earthdog70 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:29 pm

Lewdd's right-I forgot he played in Them Crooked Vultures :roll:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby JGJR » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:40 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby john stabb » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:39 am

The Times critic pretty much nailed him on points. I'd forgotten that (in talking about Nashville's C & W roots) he foolishly spoke something to the effect of: "I really didn't know that it all goes back to the gospel" Huhhhh :?: :!: I remember watching & saying "Shocking :!: :? That's news to me :!: " Man, I think any child knows that. What a statement to live with on film.

Waiting to hear the reviews of a few friends who attended the Concert of Valor went in DC. Did he join Eminem on "I'm the real Slim Davey" :?: And everyone knows how supportive rappers are of the troops. Eminem wrote a lot about this between fantasy songs about killing his mom. Rhiana knew nothing about the soldiers till she did "Battleship". ;)
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Return to daghouse