Top of the Food chain..Make NY proud!!
clash77

Re: Carnivore

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:18 pm

no
xxxMidgexxx

Postby deadreckoning » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:27 pm

i saw carnivore once at L'Amours. A big haired girl got hit full on in the face with a whole chicken.
deadreckoning

Postby gregpolard » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:48 pm

Love this band, clash77. Retaliation is hard as hell.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby clash77 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:58 pm

gregpolard wrote:Love this band, clash77. Retaliation is hard as hell.

Greg, you're the smart one here so far.Cheers!
clash77

Postby clash77 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:00 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:no

So whats your argument ??..At least give me that...
clash77

Postby gregpolard » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:20 pm

clash77 wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Love this band, clash77. Retaliation is hard as hell.

Greg, you're the smart one here so far.Cheers!

Self titled rules too, but I’m partial to Retaliation by a hair.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby drew » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:42 am

no.

They were terrible and started the downfall of NYHC and the awful L'Amour-style of NYcrapCore
drew

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:43 pm

drew wrote:no.

They were terrible and started the downfall of NYHC and the awful L'Amour-style of NYcrapCore

Plus racists. Musically they were OK, but I hated their crowd.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby lewdd » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:54 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:

Plus racists. Musically they were OK, but I hated their crowd.

Agnostic Front style racism or Skrewdriver style racism?
lewdd

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:00 pm

AF were not racist
xxxMidgexxx

Postby lewdd » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:06 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:AF were not racist

some folks think they had a song that was
lewdd

Postby clash77 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:37 pm

what did they have to do with NYHC?..You're the same guy that told me Biohazard were Nazis( even though half the band are Jews)..With that being said, Were you there Drew?..I was.And your facts are wrong..Sorry, I cant take you seriously..
clash77

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:44 am

I interviewed Carnivore on WSIA radio and they brought Biohazard. It was a nightmare. Yes, they are (were?) indeed racist.

I WAS THERE.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby gregpolard » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:21 am

I never really got the whole “racist” thing....I think so many of those lyrics were just for shock value. (Carnivore)
gregpolard

Postby Michele » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:33 pm

fact is Pete Steele wrote some lyrics for Cause For Alarm so it's not surprise you can find some Carnivore style topics ont his album.
Btw and not digging their political approach, I must say I like Retaliation quite a lot ;)
to em they were not a true hc band, more a crossover one....
"Punker": Damnit, your english is confusing!
"Version Sound": Damnit, your english is amazing!
"Cischord": Damnit, my English is confusing!
Michele

Postby the mean » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:06 pm

They just sang racist songs.
the mean

Postby yourenotevil » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:23 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:I interviewed Carnivore on WSIA radio and they brought Biohazard. It was a nightmare. Yes, they are (were?) indeed racist.

I WAS THERE.

those guys were total hams and i am sure they brought their A game to a radio interview. biohazard were nothing but a shitty carnivore clone(at least on their demos), taking it a step further with having nazi themed lyrics on 2 songs or something. and yes, evan seinfeld was jewish, so they obviously weren't nazis. i am not a pete steele expert, but he said in american hardcore that he believed and stood by those lyrics he wrote on cause for alarm. i think you can probably go out on a limb and say he was conservative politically in some respects. i have heard others talk about how he was really proud of his scandinavian heritage, but was in no way an out and front racist. Carnivore was pretty much all about shocking their audience and just fucking with them in general. He carried that over into Type O Negative as well. You just really never knew what that guy was really thinking, but it is pretty much all based on a darkly comic personality. They toured with Hatebreed before he died and when he did pass he was definitely given the proper sentiments by the metal community and no one said anything about him being a racist. I know he had drug problems(but was sober at his time of death) and could be an asshole, but i think that was the extent of it. for the record, carnivore was great. i like the first type o record, but that is pretty much the third carnivore album as they changed their sound drastically after that lp. kind of lost interest after that.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby version sound » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:50 am

I don't know shit about Pete Steele or Biohazard, but people are saying they were racist, not Nazis. You can be both Jewish and racist. I don't really care if it was schtick to get a reaction. If you put that shit into the world, you are responsible for it whether you mean it or not. In short, fuck all those guys.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:00 am

the mean wrote:

Like what? Be specific.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:02 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
the mean wrote:

Like what? Be specific.

And provide lyrics.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby yourenotevil » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:05 am

version sound wrote:I don't know shit about Pete Steele or Biohazard, but people are saying they were racist, not Nazis. You can be both Jewish and racist. I don't really care if it was schtick to get a reaction. If you put that shit into the world, you are responsible for it whether you mean it or not. In short, fuck all those guys.

i am disputing both points though. biohazard get labeled as nazis sometimes, but the singer was jewish and loved rap. the band did a popular crossover song rap song with Onyx for the Judgement Night soundtrack and had Sen Dog from Cypress Hill on one of their albums. i think they would probably say they are embarrassed by their first demo if anything. pete steele had some conservative lyrics, but nothing that ever proved to me that he was a racist.
yourenotevil

Postby version sound » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:25 am

I know plenty of racists who have black friends. Also, there are definitely white rap fans who are also racists. The two are definitely not mutally exclusive. Again, I don't know shit about these guys in particular, I'm just talking generally.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby the mean » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:26 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
the mean wrote:

Like what? Be specific.

And provide lyrics.

How come it's minorities who cry
Things are too tough
On TV with their gold chains
Claim they don't have enough
I say make them clean the sewers
Don't take no resistance
If they don't like it go to hell
And cut their public assistance
the mean

Postby obik » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:46 am

It's not racist if it's against minorities.
and i cried
aloud to heaven
and i knelt
on all six legs
and vowed a vow
of vengeance
obik

Postby JGJR » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:01 pm

version sound wrote:I don't know shit about Pete Steele or Biohazard, but people are saying they were racist, not Nazis. You can be both Jewish and racist. I don't really care if it was schtick to get a reaction. If you put that shit into the world, you are responsible for it whether you mean it or not. In short, fuck all those guys.

Pretty much this; I never liked the music of any of those bands, but given the neighborhood that Pete Steele (and Biohazard, though I am honestly a lot less familiar with their lyrics) came from, I would bet that those stupid lyrics on Cause for Alarm weren't for shock value.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:57 pm

the mean wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
the mean wrote:

Like what? Be specific.

And provide lyrics.

Things are too tough
Don't take no resistance

Isn't Roger a minority?
xxxMidgexxx

Postby the mean » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:26 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
the mean wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
the mean wrote:

Like what? Be specific.

And provide lyrics.

Things are too tough
Don't take no resistance

Isn't Roger a minority?

Come on. You don't think the "gold chains" reference is targeted towards a specific minority? Add in the pro Bernard Goetz song, and I think it's pretty obvious.
the mean

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:55 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
the mean wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
the mean wrote:

Like what? Be specific.

And provide lyrics.

Things are too tough
Don't take no resistance

Isn't Roger a minority?

roger's cuban if i remember correctly. might be puerto rican too.
yourenotevil

Postby gregpolard » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:48 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
the mean wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
the mean wrote:

Like what? Be specific.

And provide lyrics.

Things are too tough
Don't take no resistance

Isn't Roger a minority?

It's pronounced "Ro-hair"
gregpolard

Postby drew » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:01 pm

clash77 wrote:

what did they have to do with NYHC?..You're the same guy that told me Biohazard were Nazis( even though half the band are Jews)..With that being said, Were you there Drew?..I was.And your facts are wrong..Sorry, I cant take you seriously..

Yes, I was there. I said they were nazis because the fans did those right-arm-salute thing that the nazis do. Regardless of being Jewish, I don't get it either. A lot of ppl new to HC in the 80's went the route of racism because they thought it was part of being a skinhead. Most saw that wasn't true and stopped with that shit.

Agnostic Front were not racist. Like Pete Steele most NYHC guys were from Queens and came from a very blue-collar background They were not like the left wingers of DC & San Fran.......
drew

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:57 pm

I have no issue with that Bernie Goetz song either. It's not bad lyrically.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby clash77 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Drew, I hear you to a point..You're referring to "the fans".You mean the DMS bags..Yea , I remember those clowns.But, did they speak for the bands?..I think not
clash77

Postby clash77 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:19 pm

Lets not forget they fucked one toothed crack whores from the park..Enough said.. :D
clash77

Postby JGJR » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:55 am

drew wrote:Agnostic Front were not racist. Like Pete Steele most NYHC guys were from Queens and came from a very blue-collar background They were not like the left wingers of DC & San Fran.......

Pete Steele (as well as everyone in Type O and Biohazard IIRC) were from Bensonhurst Brooklyn and not Queens. Generally, though, you are correct and that's one of the biggest issues I have with NYHC (not the blue-collar background but the politics). But yeah, Roger didn't write those lyrics on Cause for Alarm, so I wouldn't blame him for those, either.
JGJR

Postby drew » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:03 pm

JGJR wrote:
drew wrote:Agnostic Front were not racist. Like Pete Steele most NYHC guys were from Queens and came from a very blue-collar background They were not like the left wingers of DC & San Fran.......

Pete Steele (as well as everyone in Type O and Biohazard IIRC) were from Bensonhurst Brooklyn and not Queens. Generally, though, you are correct and that's one of the biggest issues I have with NYHC (not the blue-collar background but the politics). But yeah, Roger didn't write those lyrics on Cause for Alarm, so I wouldn't blame him for those, either.

I know Pete was from Brooklyn, I said that wrong. I meant more of the blue-collar type of guy. Some were from LI & some from Connecticut.
Funny story, my band recorded our demo with Josh from Type O at his house in BK & he lived across the street from Pete. I wanted Pete to come hang with us so I brought pizza with me to lure him out but he answered the door & before I could say anything he took the pizza and slammed the door in my face......
drew

Postby JGJR » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:17 pm

drew wrote:
JGJR wrote:

I know Pete was from Brooklyn, I said that wrong. I meant more of the blue-collar type of guy. Some were from LI & some from Connecticut.
Funny story, my band recorded our demo with Josh from Type O at his house in BK & he lived across the street from Pete. I wanted Pete to come hang with us so I brought pizza with me to lure him out but he answered the door & before I could say anything he took the pizza and slammed the door in my face......

Gotcha. Anyway, I thought all of those guys were from Bensonhurst or at least Josh. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected. That's a pretty typical Pete story, unfortunately, from everything I've ever heard about the guy. It's a great story, though!
JGJR

Postby dave123 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:49 am

Carnivore - great records.
dave123

Postby dave123 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:52 am

drew wrote:I wanted Pete to come hang with us so I brought pizza with me to lure him out but he answered the door & before I could say anything he took the pizza and slammed the door in my face......

This is an awesome story.
dave123

Postby drew » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:08 am

dave123 wrote:
drew wrote:I wanted Pete to come hang with us so I brought pizza with me to lure him out but he answered the door & before I could say anything he took the pizza and slammed the door in my face......

This is an awesome story.

We played with them quite a bit early on and Pete turned out to be a cool guy. He loved to talk music. And Type O would always let us use their gear so we would sound like the sky was falling. Had lots of good times with those dudes.
drew

Postby gregpolard » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:22 am

drew wrote:
JGJR wrote:

Drew, that rules. Honestly, I was really upset when he died. It still makes me upset to think about it. It seems like he was really in a good place in his final days from the interviews I have read/watched, though.
gregpolard

Postby MikeD » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:46 am

Carnivore was fucking awesome.. Retaliation is one of my all time favorite records.. Peter was one of the nicest guys I ever met.

It's pointless to talk about anything like this here because most of these smarmy motherfuckers have to go buy a new box of depends to fill up once it's mentioned.
MikeD

Return to daghouse