New York roll call for Salad Days

New York roll call for Salad Days

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:39 pm

Nov 14th in Manhattan.

Be there and/or be square. Beer is on Ian.
xxxMidgexxx

Re: New York roll call for Salad Days

Postby drew » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:44 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Nov 14th in Manhattan.

Be there and/or be square. Beer is on Ian.

Where?
drew

Postby drew » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:47 pm

A friend got me tix so Ill be there. :D
drew

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:07 pm

drew wrote:A friend got me tix so Ill be there. :D

Cool. And no drinking before or after.

Ian would not approve.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby drew » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:14 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:

Ian would not approve.

Are you really going? Ill be with Jason. There will be moderate drinking before & heavy drinking after. thats the best I could do......
drew

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:39 pm

drew wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:

Ian would not approve.

Are you really going? Ill be with Jason. There will be moderate drinking before & heavy drinking after. thats the best I could do......

Yes. Me and JT are going. We got the XXX edge
xxxMidgexxx

Postby drew » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:29 am

Midge? Where you there??

I didn't see you dudes. Great time at a very cool flik. I didn't know my buddy was friends with Scott Crawford so It was cool when him & Jim Saah came out to the line to give us our tix. They were super-cool guys. Got to our seats & we sat next to Fred Armisen & Natasha Lyonne. Scott came over to say hello so Fred said hi to us & introduced himself.
The movie is done very professionally, much more money looked like it went into the making of this than of most Rock-Docs out there. Everyone I wanted to see interviewed except Bad Brains members, I guess they figure their story is told in their own movie. The BB movie was good but not on the same level as Salad Days.
I got to see BEEFEATER live footage for the first time ever so I was happy.
Our pal Stabb has a couple of great lines, his personality is so perfect for these music docs he should be interviewed for every punk-rawk film that comes out. Ian is or course the star. Rollins & MArk Sullivan get a lot of screen time also. Totally awesome time at the movies.....
drew

Postby gregpolard » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:54 am

drew wrote:Midge? Where you there??

I didn't see you dudes. Great time at a very cool flik. I didn't know my buddy was friends with Scott Crawford so It was cool when him & Jim Saah came out to the line to give us our tix. They were super-cool guys. Got to our seats & we sat next to Fred Armisen & Natasha Lyonne. Scott came over to say hello so Fred said hi to us & introduced himself.
The movie is done very professionally, much more money looked like it went into the making of this than of most Rock-Docs out there. Everyone I wanted to see interviewed except Bad Brains members, I guess they figure their story is told in their own movie. The BB movie was good but not on the same level as Salad Days.
I got to see BEEFEATER live footage for the first time ever so I was happy.
Our pal Stabb has a couple of great lines, his personality is so perfect for these music docs he should be interviewed for every punk-rawk film that comes out. Ian is or course the star. Rollins & MArk Sullivan get a lot of screen time also. Totally awesome time at the movies.....

Thanks for the review! Can't wait to eventually see it.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby john stabb » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:56 am

Drew, Natasha Lyonne :?: I know Fred's into DC Punk but huhhh :?: Nice review & glad you enjoyed my observations. :D
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby drew » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:13 am

john stabb wrote:Drew, Natasha Lyonne :?: I know Fred's into DC Punk but huhhh :?: Nice review & glad you enjoyed my observations. :D

She looks even better in person & that includes her lezbo scenes in Orange is the new Black.... :lol:

Fred's in the movie too, Ive seen more of his stuff in the trailers so there should be lots of extras on the DVD.
Stabb, you know I'm always happy to see you and/or GI get their due....
drew

Postby john stabb » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:26 pm

Nice to know, Drew. :) And I bet she's quite attractive in person for all the slamming she got on here. ;)
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Return to daghouse