Red Hare sighting

Red Hare sighting

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Just saw Jason on 28th Street in Manhattan. Said hello. Apparently they practice in NYC.

Nice.
xxxMidgexxx

Re: Red Hare sighting

Postby version sound » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:39 pm

They have another show coming up in Brooklyn...unless it already happened, that is. They're also recording again...
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:41 pm

version sound wrote:They have another show coming up in Brooklyn...unless it already happened, that is. They're also recording again...

He said it was in New York. I assumed Manhattan. Guess hipster Brooklyn is their hotspot. Whatevs.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:52 pm

i think that show is thu.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby scannest » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:11 pm

yourenotevil wrote:i think that show is thu.

It's a free show in Williamsburg with Kid Dynamite but the RSVP list is CLOSED. It's a 'House of Vans' event.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby clash77 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:30 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Just saw Jason on 28th Street in Manhattan. Said hello. Apparently they practice in NYC.

Nice.

Just saw the Backstreet Boys on the 28th st in Manhattan..Said hello.Apparently they visit Midgexxxx in NYC.
clash77

Postby gregpolard » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:39 am

Would LOVE to go to that show. Kid Dynamite, Red Hare, Swearin'
Great lineup.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby yourenotevil » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 am

gregpolard wrote:Would LOVE to go to that show. Kid Dynamite, Red Hare, Swearin'
Great lineup.

gonna be KD's last US show, if anyone was on the fence about it.
yourenotevil

Postby gregpolard » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:40 am

yourenotevil wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Would LOVE to go to that show. Kid Dynamite, Red Hare, Swearin'
Great lineup.

Last show until 3 years from now when another "benefit" comes up.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby yourenotevil » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:44 am

gregpolard wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
Great lineup.

they wrote some sappy open letter about it. yeah, i highly doubt when any band says "last show ever," esp a hardcore band. unbroken might be the kings of this bullshit.
yourenotevil

Postby gregpolard » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:15 am

yourenotevil wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
Great lineup.

they wrote some sappy open letter about it. yeah, i highly doubt when any band says "last show ever," esp a hardcore band. unbroken might be the kings of this bullshit.

Couldn't agree more. Just don't make any big deal about it and go out quietly. That way, in a few years when the band inevitably plays a reunion at some fest, or does a tour, or all of the above AND a new record...no one can call them on it.
gregpolard

Postby fiestaware » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:51 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:He said it was in New York. I assumed Manhattan. Guess hipster Brooklyn is their hotspot. Whatevs.

Where exactly would you expect them to play in Manhattan? Radio City Music Hall?
fiestaware

Postby JGJR » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:23 pm

clash77 wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:Just saw Jason on 28th Street in Manhattan. Said hello. Apparently they practice in NYC.

Nice.

Just saw the Backstreet Boys on the 28th st in Manhattan..Said hello.Apparently they visit Midgexxxx in NYC.

I once saw and walked right by P Diddy (or whatever he calls himself these days) around that area (maybe on 32nd St; it was close to Penn Station and Herald Square) as I walking to the PATH train. This would have been some time in the early '00s. It looked like they were filming something, but I couldn't tell for sure.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:25 pm

yourenotevil wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
Great lineup.

Yeah last KD show until next year's TIH or something. They reunite like every few months or so it seems like (sorry Dave and Dan!). :lol:

In any case, I agree with Greg. That is a very stellar lineup. I love both Red Hare and Swearin'.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby version sound » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:29 pm

JGJR wrote:
clash77 wrote:

Nice.

I once saw and walked right by P Diddy (or whatever he calls himself these days) around that area (maybe on 32nd St; it was close to Penn Station and Herald Square) as I walking to the PATH train. This would have been some time in the early '00s. It looked like they were filming something, but I couldn't tell for sure.

PFFFT. My friend met Biz Markie on the streets of DC and got a picture with him. Top that.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby wALLton » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:03 am

version sound wrote:
JGJR wrote:
clash77 wrote:

Nice.

PFFFT. My friend met Biz Markie on the streets of DC and got a picture with him. Top that.

I once gave Canadian rapper SNOW a dirty look in a mall car park, which was rightfully returned. So there!
wALLton

Postby pedro » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:38 am

Jason's backing vocals on the Red Hare record freak me out a bit. Not that they are bad or anything, they sound good. It's just that I'm not expecting them. I'm pretty sure the only backing vocals on a Swiz record are on the Damned cover and it's a chorus (Jason, Nathan, Alex, Dave and me!) Live, he may have had a mic at the end, but he really never did back ups.
Hello.
pedro

Postby version sound » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:34 am

wALLton wrote:
version sound wrote:PFFFT. My friend met Biz Markie on the streets of DC and got a picture with him. Top that.

I once gave Canadian rapper SNOW a dirty look in a mall car park, which was rightfully returned. So there!

That's pretty sweet.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Return to daghouse