Click: Dead

Click: Dead

Postby pedro » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Tom Magliozzi, the iconic host of "Car Talk" for nearly 35 years, died Monday at the age of 77, after a battle with Alzheimer's disease, NPR announced.

Magliozzi and his brother, Ray, better known as "Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers," were the Peabody Award-winning hosts of the long-running auto advice radio talk show. The famed duo became the comedic voices behind the show in 1977, with its inception as a local program on Boston's WBUR, and together led it to become NPR's top rated entertainment broadcast. In 2012, the pair announced that they were calling it quits after 25 years with the network.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/0 ... 95892.html
Hello.
pedro

Re: Click: Dead

Postby scannest » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:29 pm

I'm not the only person to says this, but I'll say it anyway - I could give a shit about cars, but I could listen to those guys talk cars for hours on end. Loved the show. Sad news.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby version sound » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:37 pm

RIP Tom. I've been listening to these guys since I was a kid, thanks to my dad. I still listen to the syndicated show every week.

On the bright side, PEDRO'S BACK!!!!!! I don't have high hopes that he'll stick around, but even a quick cameo every now and then is better than nothing.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby obik » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:39 pm

version sound wrote:PEDRO'S BACK!!!!!!

That's the real news here.

I don't have high hopes that he'll stick around, but even a quick cameo every now and then is better than nothing.

Being blessed by his light for even a post or two now and then is preferable to masturbating in the darkness.
and i cried
aloud to heaven
and i knelt
on all six legs
and vowed a vow
of vengeance
obik

Return to daghouse