Postby Janelle » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:53 pm

...the well ran dry, so pay up while you can
or you'll end up in hell.

:D
When your number's up be what you are
Janelle

Re: god Is Broke

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:40 am

Great song. I was thinking about D.R.I. the other day and that song popped into my mind.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby Janelle » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:22 am

Right on!!
Janelle

Postby The Snake » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:19 pm

That is a great record!

Mad Man is timeless hit!
The Snake

Postby version sound » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:33 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Great song. I was thinking about D.R.I. the other day and that song popped into my mind.

I haven't listened to DRI in 25 years, but that lyric seemed familiar and my first thought was "is that DRI?" It's weird the things that stick with you.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:22 pm

I saw them 3 x as far as I can remember.

2 x with C.O.C. Those 2 bands always went so well together and people lost their f'n minds.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby The Snake » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:18 am

I played with D. R. I. with my old band in 2003.
Spike came to me, introduced himself and said that I´m a very good fast drummer.
Then I told him that Dirty Rotten EP is in my top 10 hc/punk records and that it was the first CD that I´ve ver bought.
We talked some more and he seemed like a nice dude.
The Snake

Postby Janelle » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:40 pm

The Snake wrote:I played with D. R. I. with my old band in 2003.
Spike came to me, introduced himself and said that I´m a very good fast drummer.
Then I told him that Dirty Rotten EP is in my top 10 hc/punk records and that it was the first CD that I´ve ver bought.

Cool!
Yeah, he is nice. I wrote him when they were going to be playing Don Hills in NYC in 2003 as well actually. It was when I first started writing for music mags and I asked him if we could do an interview. He's also originally from Long Island and I thought that was a cool connection or something at the time ha I did that to Dave Dictor too. But anyway, he got me into the show and we went down to the basement and did the interview. I saw them at least twice after that and never paid to get in to one of their shows again because of him. When they played Long Island finally in the town next to mine, towards the end of their set, the bassist saw me and told me to come hang out backstage. He actually quoted from the intro to my article. It was so weird but awesome! It had to be like two years after the fact :P There was hardly anyone at the show so that was disappointing but then backstage they told me to come the next night to the show at the Knitting Factory in NYC and they'd get me in. I was kinda wary that they'd remember but I got in okay. That show was packed though so I didn't get to talk to them but it was cool.
It was sad when Spike was diagnosed with colon cancer - that could totally be a death sentence (I know) but he made a recovery.
Janelle

Postby Welly » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:45 pm

version sound wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:Great song. I was thinking about D.R.I. the other day and that song popped into my mind.

I haven't listened to DRI in 25 years, but that lyric seemed familiar and my first thought was "is that DRI?" It's weird the things that stick with you.

25 years without Dealing It With is just wrong. I reviewed that record in the first issue of my rag.
Welly

Postby The Snake » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:06 pm

Janelle wrote:
The Snake wrote:I played with D. R. I. with my old band in 2003.

Cool!
Yeah, he is nice. I wrote him when they were going to be playing Don Hills in NYC in 2003 as well actually. It was when I first started writing for music mags and I asked him if we could do an interview. He's also originally from Long Island and I thought that was a cool connection or something at the time ha I did that to Dave Dictor too. But anyway, he got me into the show and we went down to the basement and did the interview. I saw them at least twice after that and never paid to get in to one of their shows again because of him. When they played Long Island finally in the town next to mine, towards the end of their set, the bassist saw me and told me to come hang out backstage. He actually quoted from the intro to my article. It was so weird but awesome! It had to be like two years after the fact :P There was hardly anyone at the show so that was disappointing but then backstage they told me to come the next night to the show at the Knitting Factory in NYC and they'd get me in. I was kinda wary that they'd remember but I got in okay. That show was packed though so I didn't get to talk to them but it was cool.
It was sad when Spike was diagnosed with colon cancer - that could totally be a death sentence (I know) but he made a recovery.

Cool story, except for the cancer part.
I almost saw them again in 2013. when they were suposed to play on some festival here in Croatia but they got stoped on the border because they didn´t have some permits for so much merchandise or something like that. Spike probably wouldn´t remember me, but I would approach him anyway if I saw him, ha ha.
At the time when my old band played with D. R. I. we covered Violent Pacification but some band members thought that it would be kind of lame to play it on the show with D. R. I. so we didn´t, I don´t know what was that all about, ha ha.
The Snake

Postby version sound » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:41 pm

Welly wrote:
version sound wrote:

25 years without Dealing It With is just wrong. I reviewed that record in the first issue of my rag.

I downloaded it, probably 10 years ago, but I just wasn't really in the mood at the time. I'll revisit it eventually.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby Stormy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:33 pm

I come home to relax! I don't want to listen to you and these other idiots!
And who's this guy?
Stormy

Postby The Snake » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:35 pm

Stormy wrote:I come home to relax! I don't want to listen to you and these other idiots!
And who's this guy?

But it´s the only time for practice.
The Snake

Postby paul » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Dealing with it is one of my all time favorite records. From start to finish every song is perfect. Great production, high energy, and enough variations in the songs that it doesn't get too stale. I don't really like anything they did after this record too much though.
paul

Postby Stormy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:40 pm

paul wrote:Dealing with it is one of my all time favorite records. From start to finish every song is perfect. Great production, high energy, and enough variations in the songs that it doesn't get too stale. I don't really like anything they did after this record too much though.

I think Crossover is a classic. I stop there though.
Stormy

Return to daghouse