Grant Hart & Band, 23. 11. Močvara Club, Zagreb, Croatia

Grant Hart & Band, 23. 11. Močvara Club, Zagreb, Croatia

Postby The Snake » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:17 am

OK, I went yesterday to Grant Hart show here in Zagreb.
Most of the audience were older than me which was interesting because on most of the shows I go, I´m one of the oldest.
It wasn´t too crowded, so I think there weren´t more than 60 to 70 people.

First Grant played few songs solo on guitar and then for the rest of the show (except for last encore where he came alone again) he played with back up band which was consisted of some dudes from Zagreb that played in some indie/post something bands that I don´t know anything about, so I won´t drop any names here. But, they played really good and you could see they are Husker Du/Grant fans and they were really enjoying in playing this show.

They played lots of Husker Du songs like: Never Talking To You Again, Pink Turns To Blue, The Girl Who Lives On Heaven Hill, Terms Of Psychic Warfare, Green Eyes, Flexible Flyer, Keep Hanging On, Don't Want To Know If You Are Lonely, No Promise Have I Made, Back From Somewhere & She Floated Away.
I didn´t follow Grants solo work that much (I´m more of Bob Mould fan), but they played lots of songs from his last album - The Argument and some more his solo stuff. I liked those songs too, so I will check out Grants solo work again, maybe now I´m ready for it, ha ha.
They played almost two hours and I enjoyed the whole show. Except for great performing, Grant also has good sense of humor.
That´s it. I was there yesterday, I had fun & no one else from dagboard was there, ha ha!
Last edited by The Snake on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Snake

Re: Grant Hart & Band, 23. 11. Močvara Club, Zagreb, Croatia

Postby captain2man » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:36 am

Nice review....thanks. I'm a huge Grant Hart fan (as well as Mould and Husker).....and his solo work is definitely worth checking out. I haven't heard The Argument yet - but his other albums (as well as the Nova Mob albums) all have tons of quality stuff on them. His first solo album (Intolerance) is an incredible piece of work.

The only time I've ever seen Grant Hart play with a band surrounding him was back in the Nova Mob days. I've seen him twice solo, and it was just him and his acoustic. Not sure if that's by choice or if he's just not the easiest guy in the world to work with....but I would love to see him do a full band tour at some point.

Just looking at that list of songs - it makes you realize how significant Hart's contributions were to Husker Du, even though in post-Husker life, Mould's profile has been several magnitudes higher than Hart's.

And - if you haven't already - check out the documentary that just came out about him - 'Every Everything'......a true must see for any Grant Hart fan.
captain2man

Postby earthdog70 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:54 am

Thanks for the review. Last time he was around here the show was announced like 2 weeks before and I had a conflict.

Hope he comes back soon, The Argument is one I need to pick up, along with the movie :bag:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby scannest » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:05 am

The Snake wrote:They played lots of Husker Du songs like: Never Talking To You Again, Pink Turns To Blue, The Girl Who Lives On Heaven Hill, Terms Of Psychic Warfare, Green Eyes, Flexible Flyer, Keep Hanging On, Don't Want To Know If You Are Lonely, No Promise Have I Made, Back From Somewhere & She Floated Away.

Good gravy, that's a remarkable batch of songs there.

Nice review. Thanks for sharing.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby The Snake » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:18 pm

Thanks, glad to share it with all of you.

I will definitely check out Grants solo /Nova Mob stuff.

It was definitely impressive to hear all these Husker songs on one show, I didn´t expect that much, so that was really cool.
He really enjoyed being in Zagreb again so his (and the bands) performance was great.
The Snake

Postby drew » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:57 am

Wow. He plays way more Husker tunes than Bob does.......The Argument is really good. I've been digging it since it came out. Grants post HD stuff has been excellent.

I have the EVERY EVERYTHING dvd signed by him. One of the better rock-docs. Same guys who made the COLOR ME OBSESSED one about The Replacements.
drew

Return to daghouse