New Dot Dash CD

New Dot Dash CD

Postby pedro » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:21 pm

I figured I would post this here because Terry probably hasn't let Hunter and Danny know yet. I just received and email from Wally. The new Dot Dash CD is available here: http://thebeautifulmusic.com/

While I haven't heard it (or even ordered yet) I am confident this will end up in my Top 3 or 4 of 2013. It all depends on if I ever get around to sending Sal some money for his CD.
Hello.
pedro

Re: New Dot Dash CD

Postby gregpolard » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:26 pm

Oh wow! Thanks. Can't wait to hear. Will definitely snag the digital version.

Also, highly recommend sending Sal the $ for the Thirteen album. It's really awesome.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby danny » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:02 pm

funny. i was just talking with terry about this...this is just the pre-order. i think it drops next tuesday (or thereabouts).
danny

Postby wALLton » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Just received an email as well. Sweet deal that as a previous Dot Dash supporter he'll throw in two extra CDs of my choice plus a free label sampler if I preorder the new CD for $11. I was already mightily impressed when I bought the last two and got some free discs, a bunch of literature on the bands and no extra charge for international shipping. That Wally is one stand-up dude, running a label for all the right reasons (the pure love of music). How could I not buy it?
wALLton

Postby JGJR » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:31 pm

gregpolard wrote:Oh wow! Thanks. Can't wait to hear. Will definitely snag the digital version.

Also, highly recommend sending Sal the $ for the Thirteen album. It's really awesome.

Agreed very much, but isn't it vinyl and digital only?

http://wearethethirteen.com/
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby version sound » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:02 pm

wALLton wrote:Just received an email as well. Sweet deal that as a previous Dot Dash supporter he'll throw in two extra CDs of my choice plus a free label sampler if I preorder the new CD for $11. I was already mightily impressed when I bought the last two and got some free discs, a bunch of literature on the bands and no extra charge for international shipping. That Wally is one stand-up dude, running a label for all the right reasons (the pure love of music). How could I not buy it?

I bought the first DD LP on iTunes, so I guess I don't qualify. I would pre-order in a heartbeat if I could get the other two DD CDs as bonuses.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby gregpolard » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:40 am

JGJR wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Oh wow! Thanks. Can't wait to hear. Will definitely snag the digital version.

Maybe you're just nitpicky.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby danny » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:22 am

version sound wrote:
wALLton wrote:Just received an email as well. Sweet deal that as a previous Dot Dash supporter he'll throw in two extra CDs of my choice plus a free label sampler if I preorder the new CD for $11. I was already mightily impressed when I bought the last two and got some free discs, a bunch of literature on the bands and no extra charge for international shipping. That Wally is one stand-up dude, running a label for all the right reasons (the pure love of music). How could I not buy it?

I bought the first DD LP on iTunes, so I guess I don't qualify. I would pre-order in a heartbeat if I could get the other two DD CDs as bonuses.

i bet if you wrote him he would throw in a few things. wally really is an amazing guy. exceedingly generous...and, as mentioned, in it for all of the right reasons.
danny

Postby version sound » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:19 am

I pre-ordered. Even if I don't get free stuff, I'm getting new Dot Dash, so it's all good.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby wALLton » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:24 am

version sound wrote:I pre-ordered. Even if I don't get free stuff, I'm getting new Dot Dash, so it's all good.

You'll probably get free stuff in any case. I didn't ask for it when I bought the first two Dot Dash CDs and received a couple of bonus discs. I think Wally is just happy to promote the other bands on the label.
wALLton

Postby danny » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:54 pm

i hope you guys like it. feel free to let me know what you think. i'm usually pretty reserved about these things...but i'm really psyched about the new release. i think it's the best to-date (by a long shot)...and i can't wait til i get a my hands on a copy of the finished product.
danny

Postby gregpolard » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:06 pm

I'm excited to hear. Enjoyed the first one and loved the last one! Will it be available digitally at the same time as it is physically or will it take a couple weeks like last time?
gregpolard

Postby danny » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:15 pm

gregpolard wrote:I'm excited to hear. Enjoyed the first one and loved the last one! Will it be available digitally at the same time as it is physically or will it take a couple weeks like last time?

thanks for the kind words. i think it might already be up on CD Baby - though i'm not sure how they cot a copy before me! Terry tells me that everything is supposed to be available on Tuesday (iTunes, Amazon and TBM)..but there is sometimes a lag on the digital end. personally - i need to have something tangible to take up space in my home and/or car...so prefer actual product to digital downloads. i'm really hoping that one day we can do a vinyl release...
danny

Postby gregpolard » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:24 pm

danny wrote:
gregpolard wrote:I'm excited to hear. Enjoyed the first one and loved the last one! Will it be available digitally at the same time as it is physically or will it take a couple weeks like last time?

thanks for the kind words. i think it might already be up on CD Baby - though i'm not sure how they cot a copy before me! Terry tells me that everything is supposed to be available on Tuesday (iTunes, Amazon and TBM)..but there is sometimes a lag on the digital end. personally - i need to have something tangible to take up space in my home and/or car...so prefer actual product to digital downloads. i'm really hoping that one day we can do a vinyl release...

I was like that for a long time but, as I've stated numerous times on here, I got rid of 99% of my CD's and just have digital and vinyl. I only recently started buying vinyl over the past couple years but have a half decent LP collection I guess. Half decent in size, not like I have super rare records or anything. I never buy CD's anymore but will gladly buy the DL! And if you put out vinyl someday, I'll buy that too. I got the Thirteen album on vinyl, can't wait to actually get my hands on it but luckily I have the mp3s to hold me over.
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:27 pm

gregpolard wrote:
JGJR wrote:

Maybe you're just nitpicky.

Indeed, I am. :lol: However, I wouldn't want pedro to mistakenly think he could get it on CD.
JGJR

Postby version sound » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:22 pm

I got a follow up email from Wally, and he asked me what other CDs I wanted, so it looks like I'm getting hooked up after all. Rad. BUY IT, PEOPLE. You really can't go wrong.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby danny » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:32 am

version sound wrote:I got a follow up email from Wally, and he asked me what other CDs I wanted, so it looks like I'm getting hooked up after all. Rad. BUY IT, PEOPLE. You really can't go wrong.

here's the link: http://thebeautifulmusic.com/?page_id=1570

wally is such a great guy - i like to see the purchases go to him, rather than amazon or some faceless corporate entity.
danny

Postby gregpolard » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:57 am

danny wrote:
version sound wrote:I got a follow up email from Wally, and he asked me what other CDs I wanted, so it looks like I'm getting hooked up after all. Rad. BUY IT, PEOPLE. You really can't go wrong.

wally is such a great guy - i like to see the purchases go to him, rather than amazon or some faceless corporate entity.

Is there a way to purchase digitally directly from him/the label?
gregpolard

Postby danny » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:35 am

gregpolard wrote:
danny wrote:

Is there a way to purchase digitally directly from him/the label?

not sure. might be worth asking.
danny

Postby Welly » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:37 am

He needs to send out more review copies. :)
Welly

Postby wALLton » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:37 am

Listened to the new album on Bandcamp this morning. Great stuff Danny! Looking forward to receiving my CD for repeated listens. I wouldn't suppose there are any plans to tour outside of the US?
wALLton

Postby gregpolard » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:48 am

So is there really a DCHC sounding song on there like xxxHunterxxx said?
gregpolard

Postby danny » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:27 pm

i'd love to do some touring - but we all have families and jobs...so an extensive tour isn't likely. but a series of one-off shows could be. i'm waiting for our invite to do Redding or the Weezer tour!! But you'll see my kids lingering about back stage...as they would never let me do it on my own.

as for the dchc song - it sounds more like a harder song of spiral scratch era buzzcocks. it is fast and heavy but has a really cool buzzcocks / wire guitar line running through the middle of it.
danny

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:02 am

Welly wrote:He needs to send out more review copies. :)

What's your address?
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:04 am

This jawn's up on iTunes now.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby gregpolard » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:28 am

xxxHunterxxx wrote:This jawn's up on iTunes now.

I know what I'm doing when I get home. Thanks!
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Purchased via iTunes. Gonna listen later tonight on the good headphones when everyone goes to bed. Excited.
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:19 pm

xxxHunterxxx wrote:

What's your address?

If you send one this way, you know I'll review it, too.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:50 am

Album is also on Spotify now.
gregpolard

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:40 am

JGJR wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:

What's your address?

I don't have any copies yet but I'll see what I can do. You can listen to the whole thing on Bandcamp.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby JGJR » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:34 pm

xxxHunterxxx wrote:
JGJR wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:

What's your address?

I don't have any copies yet but I'll see what I can do. You can listen to the whole thing on Bandcamp.

I listened on Spotify earlier today. Another fine effort and danny is right about that second-to-last song not sounding so much like DC hardcore (just in the tempo maybe) but more like a faster Buzzcocks or Wire.
JGJR

Return to daghouse