Dum Dum Girls vs. Best Coast

Dum Dum Girls vs. Best Coast

Postby version sound » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:13 pm

Dee Dee and her girls are clearly superior in every way...except musically. I would have accused JGJR of being a crazy deaf bastard if he had made this claim a few weeks ago, but since my daughter has been demanding BC on the reg lately, I have been forced to revisit their catalog. And it's good. Really good. Like modern-L.A.-version-of-The-Sundays good, which is saying a shit ton coming from someone who still reveres Reading, Writing, & Arithmetic.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Re: Dum Dum Girls vs. Best Coast

Postby JGJR » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:06 pm

version sound wrote:Dee Dee and her girls are clearly superior in every way...except musically. I would have accused JGJR of being a crazy deaf bastard if he had made this claim a few weeks ago, but since my daughter has been demanding BC on the reg lately, I have been forced to revisit their catalog. And it's good. Really good. Like modern-L.A.-version-of-The-Sundays good, which is saying a shit ton coming from someone who still reveres Reading, Writing, & Arithmetic.

I absolutely love both, but if I had to choose, I've played Dee Dee's records more, especially the past few years. Had you asked me in 2010, though, I'd definitely have said Best Coast, but now I'd have to go with DDG.

P.S. There's a guy (Andrew Miller) in Dee Dee's live backing band now, too. He's played with her since I Will Be, though (he added guitar to that record). Nice dude, too.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Return to daghouse