Napalm Death 'Utilitarian'

Napalm Death 'Utilitarian'

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:21 pm

Fuckin' A*

Another MAJOR f'n release from the Godfathers of Grind.

These guys have been unstoppable lately.
xxxMidgexxx

Re: Napalm Death 'Utilitarian'

Postby yourenotevil » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:40 pm

great album, but it's almost three years old. the new songs sound good from the live clips i have seen.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:45 pm

Lots of vox by Mitch and a sax solo from John Zorn. Great album. Weird how I didn't jump on this from the get go.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby yourenotevil » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:49 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Lots of vox by Mitch and a sax solo from John Zorn. Great album. Weird how I didn't jump on this from the get go.

i think ND are firmly in the motorhead stage of their career. young kids come due to the band's rep and the older fans probably just care about the early stuff. it is a shame, since most of their output from 2000 to now has been really good. i think most people tuned out after fear and emptiness because they put out a slew of mediocre albums in the 90s.
yourenotevil

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:31 pm

I was not enthralled with their 90's stuff
xxxMidgexxx

Postby yourenotevil » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:40 pm

harmony corruption, utopia banished and fear and emptiness were all great.
yourenotevil

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:55 pm

Those 3 are my least fave from their entire span. The Peel Sessions could be the single greatest grind record ever
xxxMidgexxx

Postby yourenotevil » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:15 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Those 3 are my least fave from their entire span. The Peel Sessions could be the single greatest grind record ever

those albums are great. fear is the weakest of the three. the next 3 or 4 were definitely average. some good songs, but mostly filler.
yourenotevil

Postby Gary » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:36 am

I loved the first two records,but nothing after that had the same impact for me. Not that I think they are bad or anything.
Gary

Postby dave123 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:08 pm

Another great record by this band that refuses to stop.
dave123

Postby Welly » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:32 am

Welly wrote:I didn't care about the first two records,but nothing after that had the same impact for me.
Welly

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:03 am

Welly wrote:
Welly wrote:I didn't care about the first two records,but nothing after that had the same impact for me.

No one likes you
xxxMidgexxx

Postby obik » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:05 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
Welly wrote:

No one likes you

Except me.
and i cried
aloud to heaven
and i knelt
on all six legs
and vowed a vow
of vengeance
obik

Postby yourenotevil » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:47 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
Welly wrote:

No one likes you

i get why ppl do not like ND. i think they are great and their catalog is actually pretty diverse if you look at the whole career of the band. welly seems like he hates anything that is metal tinged or has a blast beat in it(i could be wrong, but that is the impression i get). my friend is totally into punk and hardcore, yet hates anything with a blast beat, double bass or stuff is just ultra fast paced. he can't get into ND, infest, siege or anything like that. to me, those people are missing out on some great music.
yourenotevil

Postby Welly » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:52 am

yourenotevil wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
Welly wrote:

No one likes you

i get why ppl do not like ND. i think they are great and their catalog is actually pretty diverse if you look at the whole career of the band. welly seems like he hates anything that is metal tinged or has a blast beat in it(i could be wrong, but that is the impression i get). my friend is totally into punk and hardcore, yet hates anything with a blast beat, double bass or stuff is just ultra fast paced. he can't get into ND, infest, siege or anything like that. to me, those people are missing out on some great music.

I was just arsing around. As in being an arse. I have a track record of this type of behaviour.

Plus I knew I'd be guaranteed of that response from xxxMidgexxx.
Welly

Postby yourenotevil » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:57 am

Welly wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
Welly wrote:

No one likes you

I was just arsing around. As in being an arse. I have a track record of this type of behaviour.

Plus I knew I'd be guaranteed of that response from xxxMidgexxx.

i recall you saying you hate all of that late 80s UK stuff though, correct? it's fine if you do. i would have been pretty happy being 15 in the mid 80s in that scene though. but i like metal, so there is that difference.
yourenotevil

Postby Welly » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:34 am

yourenotevil wrote:
i recall you saying you hate all of that late 80s UK stuff though, correct? it's fine if you do. i would have been pretty happy being 15 in the mid 80s in that scene though. but i like metal, so there is that difference.

Hate's a strong word. I was there, so there was a lot of drivel. There was also a lot of good stuff. The good stuff tends to get overlooked, but that's common in humans.
Welly

Postby yourenotevil » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:05 am

Welly wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

Hate's a strong word. I was there, so there was a lot of drivel. There was also a lot of good stuff. The good stuff tends to get overlooked, but that's common in humans.

who did you like? i am guessing intense degree was not one of your faves.
yourenotevil

Postby Welly » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:24 am

yourenotevil wrote:
Welly wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

who did you like? i am guessing intense degree was not one of your faves.

Saw Intense Degree a few times, once being with G.I. in Birmingham in '86. They were pretty average.

Of the mid-late 80's bands... Depraved, Visions of Change, Bad Dress Sense, Bad Beach, Pleasant Valley Children, Joyce McKinney Experience, Ripcord, Cowboy Killers, Instigators, Shrapnel, Pink Turds in Space, Thatcher on Acid, Amebix, Oi Polloi, Generic, HDQ, Terminus, Conflict, Subhumans, Stupids, Snuff, Political Asylum, Atavistic, Antidote, Chaos UK, Culture Shock...
Welly

Postby Gary » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:12 am

That list really shows how amazing the uk was in the '80's.
Gary

Postby Welly » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:46 am

Gary wrote:That list really shows how amazing the uk was in the '80's.

Innit. I left out all the shit though. :lol:
Welly

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:55 pm

I love the 80's UK stuff. Earache records especially. I still listen to plenty Bolt Thrower, Napalm, Carcass, etc. I would have loved to see Intense Degree. Underrated band
xxxMidgexxx

Return to daghouse