Paul Revere and The Raiders

Paul Revere and The Raiders

Postby tango fistula » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:26 am

Underrated?

Hell yes they are...they pre-date the Monkees for the first rock band to have their own TV show.
Tons of good songs...an excellent front man and a sweet pedigree in the early 60's Northwest rock scene.

Not only that...their records are super easy to find and cheap!

Need a starter LP? Try "Spirit of 67" or "Midnight Ride".

R.I.P Paul Revere...the man on the keys and the man who helped start the american garage rock scene
and paved the way for dirty loud rock and roll at a time when it had to be British or nothing.

Salud!
tango fistula

Re: Paul Revere and The Raiders

Postby earthdog70 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:55 am

RIP-I love the song "Kicks" didn't know too much of their other stuff.
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Re: Paul Revere and The Raiders

Postby JGJR » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:13 am

earthdog70 wrote:RIP-I love the song "Kicks" didn't know too much of their other stuff.

You probably know this one from Circle Jerks covering it on Wild in the Streets. Anyway, tha'ts how I first heard it before I had any idea who did the original.

And yeah, RIP Paul Revere. Great band and no disrespect at all to Mr. Revere (his real first and middle names were Paul Revere), though the real talent is Mark Lindsay, who wrote all of those songs and that is what is less known about them. And yes of course they had their own show (Where the Action Is) and were hugely popular in the '60s and this is forgotten now, too, but unlike The Monkees they weren't put together for a TV show. They started in Idaho in the late '50s and then moved to Portland then LA and were a West Coast garage rock band, not bubblegum or whatever. Sorry for the rant, but I think they should be more recognized/respected.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Return to daghouse