Ebola Victims in the US

Ebola Victims in the US

Postby clash77 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:50 pm

clash77

Re: Ebola Victims in the US

Postby lewdd » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:52 pm

I wonder if my diet of beer and spicy chicken wings will fight it off.
lewdd

Postby clash77 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:01 pm

lewdd wrote:I wonder if my diet of beer and spicy chicken wings will fight it off.

BBQ Brisket and Guiness??
clash77

Postby clash77 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Ban all flights from Africa..period..Any American stupid enough to go there deserves to be left there..I dont care..
clash77

Postby lewdd » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:13 pm

clash77 wrote:
lewdd wrote:I wonder if my diet of beer and spicy chicken wings will fight it off.

Oktoberfests this time of year. Tried 14 new ones back in PA this past weekend.
lewdd

Postby clash77 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:41 pm

lewdd wrote:
clash77 wrote:

Ha..Fucker..I bet you did..Little Murders( Austrailia), ever hear them Lew??..if not, do so..Lewdd friendly..
clash77

Postby gunter1976 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:27 pm

clash77 wrote:Ban all flights from Africa..period..Any American stupid enough to go there deserves to be left there..I dont care..

You realize Africa is a continent, right?
gunter1976

Postby NotBaker » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:42 am

lewdd wrote:
clash77 wrote:

What did you like? I recently tried Ayinger, Bells, and Hacker-Pschorr. Ayinger was the best of the three hands down.
NotBaker

Postby scannest » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:33 am

gunter1976 wrote:
clash77 wrote:Ban all flights from Africa..period..Any American stupid enough to go there deserves to be left there..I dont care..

Gunter, a word of advice to a relative newbie around here - do not engage.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby gunter1976 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:00 am

scannest wrote:
gunter1976 wrote:

Hey. Not even considering the fact that I will be travelling to the Democratic Republic of Congo to visit my in-laws later this month and might take the comment by clash77 personally (even though I am not an American), I guess I am basically just dumbstruck by the bigotry and sheer ignorance of such an observation.

But then again, posting such comments might just be a very "punk" thing to do for others. From that perspective, I can well imagine getting some more shit for engaging. So it goes.. .
gunter1976

Postby Welly » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:33 am

Fukn forun virusiz cumin ova yur an taykn all owa jobz...
Welly

Postby gregpolard » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:34 am

Welly wrote:Fukn forun virusiz cumin ova yur an taykn all owa jobz...

foreign job lott, sick!@!@
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby Welly » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:37 am

gregpolard wrote:
Welly wrote:Fukn forun virusiz cumin ova yur an taykn all owa jobz...

foreign job lott, sick!@!@

Killariffz..der i sayd it-i duncare bane me foka..
Welly

Postby scannest » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:30 am

Gunter, I was definitely not giving you shit. I meant it as sincere advice. It's not worth the hassle trying to engage sincerely with people who are just trying to stir shit up. At least that's my two cents.
scannest

Postby yourenotevil » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:32 am

scannest wrote:Gunter, I was definitely not giving you shit. I meant it as sincere advice. It's not worth the hassle trying to engage sincerely with people who are just trying to stir shit up. At least that's my two cents.

go back to Africa!!!!!!
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby gunter1976 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:34 am

scannest wrote:Gunter, I was definitely not giving you shit. I meant it as sincere advice. It's not worth the hassle trying to engage sincerely with people who are just trying to stir shit up. At least that's my two cents.

I am being misunderstood. I wasn't referring to your post and do not doubt you were just giving me sincere advice, which I appreciate. I was merely anticipating the shit that was yet to come ;)
gunter1976

Postby JGJR » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:36 am

NotBaker wrote:
lewdd wrote:
clash77 wrote:

What did you like? I recently tried Ayinger, Bells, and Hacker-Pschorr. Ayinger was the best of the three hands down.

I am a pretty big fan of Bells in general, but I don't think I've ever had their Oktoberfest beer. I'll have to see if my local beer distributors/shops (lewdd, get ready for PA's archaic booze-purchasing laws) have it. Now you have given me two others to try as I don't think I've heard of either of those others.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby scannest » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:06 am

JGJR wrote:I'll have to see if my local beer distributors/shops (lewdd, get ready for PA's archaic booze-purchasing laws) have it.

Lewdd actually prefers having to buy his beer a case at a time. It's why he's moving back.
scannest

Postby version sound » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:08 am

Can't you also buy six-packs from bars?
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby lewdd » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:29 am

Having lived in PA for 20+ years previously, I understand the laws. My favorite PA Oktoberfest beers I tried were - Lancaster, Stoudts, Rivertowne, Sly Fox.
lewdd

Postby scannest » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:36 am

version sound wrote:Can't you also buy six-packs from bars?

Yes, but that's not exactly the same thing as being able to buy beer at a deli or supermarket.
scannest

Postby version sound » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:10 pm

scannest wrote:

Yes, but that's not exactly the same thing as being able to buy beer at a deli or supermarket.

Oh, I agree. I always thought it was hella weird that you had to go to a bar to buy a sixer.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby NotBaker » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:28 pm

JGJR wrote:I am a pretty big fan of Bells in general, but I don't think I've ever had their Oktoberfest beer.

Yeah, most of their beer is pretty great. But I thought the Oktoberfest was a little bland, at least in direct comparison with the Ayinger.
NotBaker

Postby JGJR » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:58 am

lewdd wrote:Having lived in PA for 20+ years previously, I understand the laws. My favorite PA Oktoberfest beers I tried were - Lancaster, Stoudts, Rivertowne, Sly Fox.

I back all of those breweries except I don't think I've tried Lancaster. One technicality/nitpicky fact: River Horse is based in Lambertville, NJ, but that's right over the river from New Hope, PA. There's a bridge.

Correction: They're in Ewing, NJ (literally the next town over). Maybe they moved?
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:01 am

scannest wrote:

True, but there ARE supermarkets you can buy beer at here in PA. They are just few and far between. I think they have to be a restaurant, too, technically, but don't quote me on that. I still don't fully understand the liquor laws even after living here for almost a decade.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:36 am

I bought most of the beers at Wegman's as six packs or part of the make your own six pack. You can only by two six packs at a time though. So, I bought two and had the wife buy two. We took them out to the car, and came back in and each bought two more. I can't wait til she gets back to IL next week with my beers in the back of the truck.
lewdd

Postby JGJR » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:49 am

lewdd wrote:I bought most of the beers at Wegman's as six packs or part of the make your own six pack. You can only by two six packs at a time though. So, I bought two and had the wife buy two. We took them out to the car, and came back in and each bought two more. I can't wait til she gets back to IL next week with my beers in the back of the truck.

Yep every Wegman's has beer (one more reason why they rule) as does the Whole Foods in Plymouth Meeting and maybe others? Oh and you gotta get down with Flying Fish's Oktoberfest. I realized after reading this thread that I've got half a sixer of it left in the fridge. Not anything crazy, but quite tasty.
JGJR

Postby clash77 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:32 pm

gunter1976 wrote:
scannest wrote:
gunter1976 wrote:

Hey. Not even considering the fact that I will be travelling to the Democratic Republic of Congo to visit my in-laws later this month and might take the comment by clash77 personally (even though I am not an American), I guess I am basically just dumbstruck by the bigotry and sheer ignorance of such an observation.

But then again, posting such comments might just be a very "punk" thing to do for others. From that perspective, I can well imagine getting some more shit for engaging. So it goes.. .
My comments were not meant in bigoted way.I dont
appreciate that accusation.I simply pointed out the CONTINENT where this virus
originates from.You are aware that this is a problem in several countries there( including the Republic of Congo recently)?.I would have posted the SAME
remarks regardless of the CONTINENT.I have my opinion, you have yours..Thats fine..Lets not play the Race Card.
clash77

Postby JGJR » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:03 pm

clash77 wrote:
gunter1976 wrote:
scannest wrote:
gunter1976 wrote:

My comments were not meant in bigoted way.I dont
originates from.You are aware that this is a problem in several countries there( including the Republic of Congo recently)?.I would have posted the SAME
remarks regardless of the CONTINENT.I have my opinion, you have yours..Thats fine..Lets not play the Race Card.

I didn't wanna do this, but I feel compelled to respond here. It's not that I think you're playing the race card or anything. I just don't think you truly understand how incredibly huge Africa is. Shutting down flights to and from somewhere thousands of miles away from the Congo or Liberia (which admittedly are not that close to each other) won't do any good in this regard. And besides, I'm just not a fan of governments telling people where they can and can't go (that applies to everything fromtotalitarian governments placing severe travel restrictions upon their citizens to ones even countries like ours have in place where it's difficult to go to Cuba, for instance) though I do think it's obvious the man in Dallas should not have been allowed to leave Liberia. With that said, while of course this is a serious concern and those affected should be treated and quarantined (and I don't think action is happening fast enough on that front), I do think the recent media hoopla over this is a bunch of fear-mongering.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:08 pm

JGJR wrote:
lewdd wrote:I bought most of the beers at Wegman's as six packs or part of the make your own six pack. You can only by two six packs at a time though. So, I bought two and had the wife buy two. We took them out to the car, and came back in and each bought two more. I can't wait til she gets back to IL next week with my beers in the back of the truck.

Yep every Wegman's has beer (one more reason why they rule) as does the Whole Foods in Plymouth Meeting and maybe others? Oh and you gotta get down with Flying Fish's Oktoberfest. I realized after reading this thread that I've got half a sixer of it left in the fridge. Not anything crazy, but quite tasty.

I had Flying FIsh last weekend. It was quite good.
lewdd

Postby gunter1976 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:40 am

clash77 wrote:My comments were not meant in bigoted way.I dont

Yes I am aware that several African countries are currently trying to contain and deal with Ebola. And yes I am also aware that this particular virus actually originated in the DRC in the seventies, and that the DRC itself has had to deal with outbreaks repeatedly.

However, given the vastness of the African continent (and of the DRC for that matter) and considering the fact that the respective authorities and aid workers can still pinpoint the regions that are currently struck by the virus, I think your argument to impose flight restrictions cutting off an entire continent doesn't make sense. At the same time, I fail to see how simply ignoring a possible problem will actually bring a solution, or how banning flights from Africa might even be possible or morally acceptable.

As such I am not even "playing the Race Card" as you put it, but merely pointing out that I feel your comment is intolerant, insensitive and naive.

I apologise in case I misused the term "bigoted", since I was under the impression it also applied to the sentiments I just expressed. Then again, English is not my mother tongue, so I might have well been mistaken.
gunter1976

Postby the mean » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:59 am

With the government's recent track record not being so hot, well, we learned we couldn't trust the IRS after the targeting of conservative groups, the Secret Service after an armed man made his way into the white house, the VA after reports men and women who served this country died waiting to get health care. We couldn't trust the promise that Obamacare that we could keep our doctors that we wanted. And do we trust that we know all the answers yet about Benghazi? What more and more people seem to be asking about Ebola now isn't that they are necessarily scared about actually getting the disease, but that they're scared the government agencies responsible with helping us if we do get sick might not be up to the task. So if Ebola becomes a bigger issue, the question still remains: will we be safe?
the mean

Postby the mean » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:00 am

gunter1976 wrote:I apologise in case I misused the term "bigoted", since I was under the impression it also applied to the sentiments I just expressed. Then again, English is not my mother tongue, so I might have well been mistaken.

Nah, you used it correctly.
the mean

Postby JGJR » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:58 am

the mean wrote:With the government's recent track record not being so hot, well, we learned we couldn't trust the IRS after the targeting of conservative groups, the Secret Service after an armed man made his way into the white house, the VA after reports men and women who served this country died waiting to get health care. We couldn't trust the promise that Obamacare that we could keep our doctors that we wanted. And do we trust that we know all the answers yet about Benghazi? What more and more people seem to be asking about Ebola now isn't that they are necessarily scared about actually getting the disease, but that they're scared the government agencies responsible with helping us if we do get sick might not be up to the task. So if Ebola becomes a bigger issue, the question still remains: will we be safe?

Did you just copy that from Rush Limbaugh's site or something? Anyway, I really hope that this is satire.
JGJR

Postby NotBaker » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:26 pm

the mean wrote:the question still remains: will we be safe?

If we don't want to be with you.
NotBaker

Postby NotBaker » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:29 pm

the mean wrote:With the government's recent track record not being so hot, well, we learned we couldn't trust the IRS after the targeting of conservative groups, the Secret Service after an armed man made his way into the white house, the VA after reports men and women who served this country died waiting to get health care. We couldn't trust the promise that Obamacare that we could keep our doctors that we wanted. And do we trust that we know all the answers yet about Benghazi? What more and more people seem to be asking about Ebola now isn't that they are necessarily scared about actually getting the disease, but that they're scared the government agencies responsible with helping us if we do get sick might not be up to the task. So if Ebola becomes a bigger issue, the question still remains: will we be safe?

But more importantly, how does Gretchen Carlson feel about the new 7 Seconds album?
NotBaker

Postby Welly » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:45 pm

the mean wrote:they're scared the government agencies responsible with helping us if we do get sick might not be up to the task.

Government agencies? You still have those creaking monoliths of socialism? Pffft.

Surely those loving private medical corporations will figure out a way to over-treat people for it?
Welly

Postby the mean » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Where did this come from? Who knew? And wait 'til the rest of the world hears about the fact that we've got it and that we took it to Liberia but only used it on a sick American and didn't share it with sick Liberians. Wait 'til Obama finds out about that. Folks, there is gonna be hell to pay. When Obama finds out we've got this super-secret thing that does something magical to Ebola and we took it to Liberia and used it on an American, and then brought him and the serum home and we didn't share it? This is exactly what has been wrong with this country that Obama's been trying to fix. Unfair that we should have something like this. Where did this come from?
the mean

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:06 pm

why are people putting so much thought into an idiotic thread?
yourenotevil

Postby clash77 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Gunter..No apology needed.Ill ignore the additional insults for now..Welcome aboard!..Dont be alarmed, I keep a well tuned violin close by at all times..You'll fit right in here..
clash77

Postby NotBaker » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:56 pm

yourenotevil wrote:why are people putting so much thought into an idiotic thread?

Which one?
NotBaker

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:57 pm

NotBaker wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:why are people putting so much thought into an idiotic thread?

Which one?

i guess you do have plenty to choose from.
yourenotevil

Postby clash77 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Yes YNE..you've hit the nail on the head!!!! You're smarter than everyone else..Brilliant!!..now FUCK OFF junior..
clash77

Postby lewdd » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Brilliant!
lewdd

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:59 pm

clash77 wrote:

Yes YNE..you've hit the nail on the head!!!! You're smarter than everyone else..Brilliant!!..now FUCK OFF junior..

you're so fucking boring. take your own advice, grandpa.
yourenotevil

Postby clash77 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:06 pm

yourenotevil wrote:
clash77 wrote:

You still got that weapon next to your computer??..I know you're a miserable bastard( believe me, its obvious)..Please dont use it!!..There's always a way out..Send me a pm...Ill talk you through it..
clash77

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:12 pm

clash77 wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
clash77 wrote:

You still got that weapon next to your computer??..I know you're a miserable bastard( believe me, its obvious)..Please dont use it!!..There's always a way out..Send me a pm...Ill talk you through it..

you're not funny either. you know what is obvious, that you are a fucking moron who probably has an IQ of 65. there is a lot more to africa than ebola and ISIS, not like I would expect you to know anything going on over there that isn't making your local news tonight. you make all of these threads that are either meant to annoy people or bait them into responding to something you say, and then you get all butthurt when ppl act accordingly. see any of the skrewdriver threads you make.you are either the best troll ever or a borderline autistic. saying americans should be left in africa is dumb. someone called it earlier, you can dish it out but not take it. get some fucking thicker skin if you are going to keep blathering away.
yourenotevil

Postby the mean » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:40 am

I wonder how the Ebola doctor feels now that his humanitarian trip has cost a Christian charity much more than any services he rendered.

What was the point?

Whatever good Dr. Kent Brantly did in Liberia has now been overwhelmed by the more than $2 million already paid by the Christian charities Samaritan's Purse and SIM USA just to fly him and his nurse home in separate Gulfstream jets, specially equipped with medical tents, and to care for them at one of America's premier hospitals. (This trip may be the first real-world demonstration of the economics of Obamacare.)

There's little danger of an Ebola plague breaking loose from the treatment of these two Americans at the Emory University Hospital. But why do we have to deal with this at all?

Why did Dr. Brantly have to go to Africa? The very first "risk factor" listed by the Mayo Clinic for Ebola -- an incurable disease with a 90 percent fatality rate -- is: "Travel to Africa."

Can't anyone serve Christ in America anymore?
the mean

Postby Janelle » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:31 am

Well, the Texas ebola patient has died:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/thomas-eric ... -has-died/

As for stopping flights from W. Africa, that is what our NY GOP gubernatorial candidate is pressing for. One thing I do agree with is what Sen. Schumer asked for a week ago - heightened protocol at area airports and seaports, and finally now CDC director says they're working on that.

But back to Texas-via-Liberia patient, he was given experimental drug but obviously not as fast as the two medics who were American working over there and then got flown back here and ended up recovering. There definitely is a double-standard in the treatment one gets, esp. looking at all those who've been sick over in Africa and died and not having access to this as-yet-on-the-market drug.
Even think here, if there were to (fear-mongering aside) be some outbreak, we without health insurance would probably do as we normally do and not go to hospital or to see a doctor for some minor symptoms, like if we're sick w/ flu or have gotten hurt but not severely so, will stay home and then our chances of infecting those around us are much greater. Yes, the private US healthcare model will save us all.
When your number's up be what you are
Janelle

Postby Welly » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:43 pm

Crises requiring a collective response from humanity are usually a rearguard action, so it should come as no surprise how this is playing out.
Welly

Next

Return to daghouse